[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Favorite PC Engine/TG 16 Games
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: jj&jeff.jpg (182 KB, 500x600) Image search: [Google]
jj&jeff.jpg
182 KB, 500x600
just beat this tonight. Really fun game. controls seem a little weird at first, but you adjust and get used to them quickly and they become second nature. It plays like a parody version Adventure Island where you jump on enemies instead of throwing axes, I had no idea that the games had so much in common. also the Japanese television show that it's based on (Fun TV with Kato-chan and Ken-chan) is the Japanese equivalent and inspiration for America's Funniest Video's. so JJ & Jeff pretty much an video game version of AFV.

also, I had played this game before a few years ago but never only for a few minutes and quickly dismissed. a couple weeks ago an anon on /vr/ spoke so glowingly of it that I decided to give it another chance. thanks to that anon.
>>
>>2844961
genji tsushinn agedema ... or however it's spelled.

awesome run n gun autoscroller. not enough games in this wicked genre
>>
>>2844964
Definitely a cool game. I like the genies and the nuke

Recently beat Momotaro Katsugeki. It's like Keith courage except it's good. By Hudson, and only in Japanese. But you can get through it by just upgrading sword and armor.

There's also homages to crazy climber, donkey kong and Mario land's underwater level
>>
File: image.jpg (130 KB, 1440x1080) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
130 KB, 1440x1080
This is the shit.

Like castlevania 1 but better
>>
>>2844961
Yeah. JJ & Jeff is a ton of fun. Great mechanics and wonderful music. Most people trash the game before even giving it a proper chance. Weird-looking game, but once you 'get it' it's the most enjoyable game on the PCE imo.

I'm the anon that praised the game. I had to defend the game against like 20 trash talkers all by myself, except for 1 cool guy who backed me up.
>>
>>2844964
Try Chelnov on the MD if you haven't, it's the tits.
>>
>>2844961
Bomberman (all of them + TurboTap)
Bonk (most/all of them, incl. Air Zonk)
Dungeon Explorer
Psychosis (seriously, FUCK this game, but I love it)
Super Star Soldier
Blazing Lasers

If Turbo-CD games count:

Lords of Thunder
Castlevania: Rondo of Blood
Cosmic Fantasy 2
Y's Book I and II
Exile and Wicked Phenomenon
Red Alert (kek)
Popful Mail
Soldier Blade
Kaze Kiri

And a fuckton of others I can't recall right now.

Playing Turbo Express on the bus when everyone else had a Gameboy was the fucking shit!
>>
>>2845010
couple hints for people who might wanna give the game a try.

lamp posts have a sweet spot that you can kick for a bonus life. The sweet spot is just above the ground and must be jumpkicked at full speed. There are tons of these throughout the game.

Boss fights are NOT luck-based AT ALL. not even the final boss.... If you know the boss patterns you can take down the last boss without taking damage 100 times out of 100 within 30 seconds.

Kato (JJ?) has tighter controls while Ken (the guy on the right) has better speed but less control (i.e. he skids a lot when coming to a stop)
>>
>>2845010
oh no it's this person again

those 20 trash talkers were all right. I've played through most of the game so my opinion is founded as well

If you like crap like this, what other crappy PCE games do you like? Keith Courage? Genpei Toumaden? Blodia??

New Adventure Island improves upon it in every single way
>>
>>2845470
Actually it was probably just you. JJ & jeff is a fun super mario bros style platformer. Its just like smb 2 and jeff is luigi.
>>
>>2845470
What's wrong with Genpei Toumaden?
>>
>>2845470
>New Adventure Island improves upon it in every single way

I'm not that guy, but JJ & Jeff and New Adventure Island play completely differently. One is a butt-stomping game and the other is a projectile-flinging game. They're apples and oranges. And stop trying to incite a flame war you child.
>>
>>2845629
Nothing at all. It's a classic. He's just retarded.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.