[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Burning Discs
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: sotn load screen.jpg (18 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
sotn load screen.jpg
18 KB, 1024x768
I'm new to PS1 piracy. Is it like music/movies, where there are different levels of qualities between rips (like lower audio or picture quality), or is it just a matter of the game working/not working?
>>
>>2842354
just emulate, retard
>>
>>2842354
PS1 has nothing to worry about. All games are 1:1 images. Dreamcast is a different story.
>>
>>2842354
both. There are lower quality rips. and if you burn the iso wrong it wont work good (missing music).
>>
>>2842354
Lower quality can effect load speed, the faster you burn, the lower the quality, load times take longer. Once the game is loaded and playing on the system, the disc isn't being used. You could pop that shit out on the first level of spyro, throw the disc like a Frisbee and play until you'd have to change levels
>>
>>2842369
>Not being able to enjoy opening the disk tray, pressing the power button, hearing that familiar start up noise, and scooting back to play on a sofa, without the hassle or distraction of a computer with all its menus and internet
>Not being able to pop in a memory card for your favorite game
>Not having a musty plastic smell
>Not being able to look at the console on the floor
>Not being forced to play games exactly as intended

Stay pleb, pony boy.
>>
>>2842369
Run Jet Moto 2 in any emulator, notice how there's no music, then come back here and say that to my face, motherfucker.
>>
>>2842743
This is not applied to all games, alot of them use music directly from the disc, others like Diablo are constantly reading the disc, it depends entirely on the game.
>>
>>2842354
man I remember back in high school this chinese kid thaught me how to disk swap burned ps1 games by jamming a pencil into the console.

It was ghetto, but it worked.
>>
Just use redump images, OP.

>>2842442
Except if you run into a multi track image which wasn't properly ripped
>>
>>2842801
man I remember this chinese kid taught me how to install a $5 chip that let me play burned games.

It was totally not ghetto.
>>
>>2842354
I only play my PSX games in lossless emulators.
>>
>>2844506
Please don't tell me the lossless meme has transcended audiophiles.
>>
>>2844509
There's no such thing as a "lossless emulator", what exists are emulators with high accuracy, those can be cycle accurate or even circuit accurate. The processing power required increases exponentially, and it's one motherfucking increase.

Shitheads sometimes criticize those emulators because it won't run on their shithead PCs, but that's because they're shitheads, preservation is GOOD.

Likewise, there are good, objective reasons for archiving lossless music, "sounding better" is subjective and is not the point for many people, but some shitheads still criticize that. You're not a shithead, right?
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.