[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can we please talk about this cheater?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3
File: CardQueen.jpg (15 KB, 60x229) Image search: [Google]
CardQueen.jpg
15 KB, 60x229
Can we please talk about this cheater?
>>
>>2840297
Has it ever been proven that Triple Triad cheats when the hands are concealed?
>>
>random has spread throughout the region
>reload save
>>
>>2840306
I'd never heard that.

I'd always do what this anon >>2840392 does. Random was awful.

Best FF side quest though.
>>
>>2840297
What's there to talk about, sephiroth killed her and that's that, jeez you fucking losers need to get on with your life and learn Tifa's titties are the only thing that gives cloud's life meaning.
>>
>>2840306
I play with concealed hands against the CPU all the time and I am constantly kicking its ass.

Build defensive decks, and don't be afraid to tie.
>>
Heh she's not a cheater. You just gotta learn to use all the rules, like same wall and plus. Obviously though, you're going to want to be able to see your adversaries cards when using those rules.

>>2840392
>>2840423
Heh, you guys are boring. I tend to keep random on if it's there, I just make sure to get rid of as many weak cards as possible.

Although honeslty, when you're playing with rules like wall and plus, you can win with any set of cards. Any.

What's bullshit with the queen of cards though is how iirc you can make her be unreachable, like if she goes to space at random.
>>
>>2840297
Never had a problem, myself. Of course, I tend to play the card game a lot. By the end of the 2nd disc my deck is mainly boss, gf, and character cards. She's not that hard.
>>
File: gorilla-rage-on-computer-meme.png (46 KB, 569x571) Image search: [Google]
gorilla-rage-on-computer-meme.png
46 KB, 569x571
>>2840297
During my first playthrough of FF8, I tried to beat the game 100% without any help, including the card game - just as I do with every RPG. It really broke my neck and I hated it more than any other RPG-built-in mini game even in later games. I'd always loved to crackle the card queen's skull with my gun blade, whenever she acted like a gypsy witch on acid that was full of herself. As far as I can remember, you had to lose cards to a specific NPC, in order to get another card from another NPC. Did actually anybody found out to whom without any help?

What I found out for myself was, if you were to collect all the special cards from the different regions, you should always save the game before entering a card battle and regardless of winning or losing it, restart and rematch whenever it says an (unfavourable) rule has spread. For me it was 'direct' and 'random hand' (god I hated it). Easy way to go, but an awfully long process. I wans't careful enough and missed out on a card in balamb - that one the card queen had. I had thought she was just there as a gimmick to explain Triple-Triad rules to the player and make him aware of the card game, but never thought of challenging her. By that time ALL THE FUCKING rules have spread to Balamb and it took me hours to win that card from her.

This was one and a half decade ago and never since have I pressed square before any NPC again in that game and never do I intend so in the future. So annoyed was I what followed in FF9.

>mfw another card game in Final Fantasy 9
>>
>>2842068
>During my first playthrough of FF8, I tried to beat the game 100% without any help

Ooohh boy, good luck with the UFO quest, the Timber Lake quest and the "monkey hidden in forest" quest.

After 10 playthroughs of the game there were still some things I didn't know about it.
>>
>actually doing the Card Queen quest

I seriously hope you fellers don't do that. I never even bother with places with awful rules like Lunatic Pandora.

If you ignore this bitch you can win her cards, along with all others from that girl near the Save Point in Ragnarok. She follows Trabia rules just try to abolish the rules you don't want.
>>
>>2843818
At least those aren't anything like the Zodiac Spear. Or Excalibur II.

You can't possibly figure out that shit on your own.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.