[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Play a game with little to no dialogue >Form ideas of
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2
File: robotnik meets eggman.jpg (37 KB, 320x320) Image search: [Google]
robotnik meets eggman.jpg
37 KB, 320x320
>Play a game with little to no dialogue
>Form ideas of what all the characters are like
>Suddenly sequel or remake or adaptation
>Everyone's totally different

What game was it for you, /vr/?
>>
Other M
>>
>>2837431
I count that as a fan-game that somehow got official Nintendo funding & licensing.
>>
>>2837429
Wolfenstein 3D
>>
>>2837429
Megaman X comes to mind.

I always just thought he was a bad ass.

Then I found out in the lore he's a fucking pussy who doesn't even want to fight.
>>
>>2837460

Having that blonde girl robot saving him from Boba Fett since stage 1 don't collaborate too much for a badass aura.
>>
File: Otacon_face.jpg (33 KB, 163x285) Image search: [Google]
Otacon_face.jpg
33 KB, 163x285
>>2837440
They just couldn't leave well enough alone. Things were perfectly fine character wise then they just had to turn her into a girl from one of my Japanese Animes.
>>
did Robotnik just let one?
>>
>>2837429
I'd say Luigi being portrayed as neurotic/wimpy compared to Mario.
>>
Monkey Island. Though I gotta say reality turned out better than my imagination. Earl Boan and Dominic Armato crush it.
>>
>>2837429
>>2837431

The greatest games leave some space for intepretation and puzzling characters in your head by their actions and reactions.
Super Metroid said nothing but it said so much more than many other games.
>>
>>2837460
>Implying that plowing through hundreds of mavericks over and over isn't badass
X doesn't have to act like a badass to be one.
>>
>>2839397
How is his post remotely autistic? I can't wait for this meme to die.
>>
>>2837474
Its like, they have a strong female lead and they ruin her completely by making her completely dependent on a man.
>>
>>2837429
MY OWN CLONE
>>
>>2839407
Not to mention how they turned Adam from a valued mentor into an abusive irrational dickbag.

There are many reasons that it's been 5 years since the last metroid game, and part of the fan response to that game is why the new game in development purposely appears to avoid any story whatsoever.

But as for retro stuff, I know it's not exactly personality but I found it weird how luigi's voice changed during the N64 series. Mario Kart gives him that deep voice, and then Mario Party 2 comes out and he's on helium.
>>
>>2837474
A+ post. Would read again.
>>
Metroid, Zelda.
>>
>>2837429
Metroid Fusion
Other M
>>
Bomberman.
Bionic Commando.
Metal Gear (but this was fine).
>>
>>2839449
>be 10
>Videogames were crack
>Kart 64
>Dem voices to perfection
>First time Toad has a voice (I think)
>Ow-woh-woh-woh-woh-woh!!!
>Here we go!
>YEAH!!! Ha ha ha ha ha!!!
>Luigi has a lower more bad ass voice than mario
>Mario Party comes along
>Luigi confirmed gay dancer
>Toad smokes a pack a day
>>
>>2837642
Well what do you expect? When they were babies Mario got to go on a fun adventure with Yoshi and Luigi got fucking left to rot in a castle jailcell that probably reeked on death. Do you think they even fed him? That will give a kid issues.
>>
>>2839664

Rad's personality and design is all over the place in the series.

Even in Bionic Commando 09 he switches between fun loving guy during gameplay to brooding angry man in cutscenes.

Nigga is bipolar.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.