[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Ok, so is there a game like Snatcher but with some RPG elements
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: image.png (7 KB, 254x221) Image search: [Google]
image.png
7 KB, 254x221
Ok, so is there a game like Snatcher but with some RPG elements tacked on? And don't tell me about that chibi Snatcher RPG that already exists. I'm asking about basing all the gameplay on commands, first person, no transitions between change of scenery, investigative gameplay & puzzles, but with some turn based fights, exp and so on. I don't care if it's retro or not.
>>
Sierra Quest for Glory series?
>>
Rance 1
>>
Shadowrun on SNES
>>
SD Snatcher. It actually has a really, really fucking cool battle system. Since no one joins your party, Konami tried to come up with ways to make the battles interesting with only one person fighting them. Their solution was to have each adversary (Insectors, mostly, but also other robots and shit) be composed of multiple parts, like a giant Final Fantasy boss. But the kicker is, depending on what part of the enemy you attack and destroy the course of the battle will change. You can, for example, attack an Insector's legs to slow it down and/or prevent it moving (I don't remember as it's been nearly 20 years since I played the damned game) or its cannons/needle guns to prevent it from attacking that way. I think it's kinda an intradasting way to do it. The biggest downside, though, is that the gameplay otherwise kinda sucks, IMO.

Still, it's very much an RPG with a walk-around overworld, dungeons, experience, money, upgrades and NPCs to talk to.
>>
File: sr5.gif (17 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
sr5.gif
17 KB, 320x240
probably the Mega CD Shadowrun translation never
>>
>>2835291
This fucking guy.
>>
>>2835291
Dream Maze on the Super Famicom has a similar system and much more importantly, a translation patch.
>>
>>2835331
I'll look into it, thanks.

>>2835326
What? Did I do something wrong to mention SD Snatcher? I tried it, once, two decades ago, didn't like it much, but thought I'd recommend it in case OP might.
>>
>>2835365
Read the OP again perhaps
>>
>>2835331
Nah, this reminds me more of SMT1 & 2 than what I'm asking. For what I've seen, the Mega CD Shadowrun is close to what I'm asking for, shame about not being translated yet
>>2835291
c'mon
>>
>>2835371
Whoops! Looks like I must have skipped a line while reading. It happens.

>>2835291
Re-fucking-dacted.

But I won't delete it. I must be shamed for this egregious mistake.

>>2834709
Um... so basically an RPG with an ask/talk about command when it comes to interaction with NPCs? Yeah, there are plenty, but they's old and mostly DOS-y and stuff, so I doubt you'll get'em running today.
Otherwise, FFII on NES/FC does that.
The Megaten series does the deeper interaction thing with enemies rather than NPCs. That might intradast you.
>>
>>2835420
>but they's old and mostly DOS-y and stuff, so I doubt you'll get'em running today.
DOSBox is a thing that exists.
>>
>>2835420
We were going to end up talking about SD snatcher anyway. I've never played it, so this thread is motivating me to give it a go.
>>
If you're going to play SD Snatcher you should use the re-translated new version, but those assholes are charging for it. I remember some anon here uploaded it here though, and I ended up reuploading it for another anon, but I think the hard drive I had it on is fucked. Maybe if you dig around a bit for it you could come across it again.
>>
>>2835681
Nevermind, I dug around the archive sites and found my old link to it:

www56.zippyshare.com/v/61809788/file.html
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.