[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Best MK port?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 3
My friend told me the SNES version of Mortal Kombat was the best, I looked at him and told him it wasn't even the same engine as the arcade game. What was the best home version of Mortal Kombat? I gotta say the Genesis/Mega Drive version plays pretty damn well with a six button controller.
>>
>>2834612
Sega CD version was best. but between the genny and the SNES versions, I preferred the SNES version grey sweat/blood and all.
>>
>>2834617
Sega CD had those load times... I mean the game hasn't aged like wine so either port isn't bad at all. I'd say Genesis feels the most like the arcade so yeah, Genesis.
>>
Genesis version had Matt Furniss do the music; any multiplat game with his music gives the Genesis version a ton of points in their favor.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HUAxFhJt5Xk
>>
>>2834612
Genesis version gets my vote for overall play and the blood code. I did think some of the toned down SNES fatalities ended up being cool, though. Raiden's was probably my favorite.
>>
Xbox 360/PS3 because they're direct arcade ports.

Yes, they count. Ports of /vr/ games are /vr/.
>>
File: hiroshimanichibutsu.png (242 KB, 554x410) Image search: [Google]
hiroshimanichibutsu.png
242 KB, 554x410
>>2835343

Okay, mr Admin
>>
>>2835343
Kill yourself
>>
>>2835334
IMO Raidens fatality was better also. Sub-Zero's toned down fatality was rad as well. Still like his original fatality better(it's iconic really) but his changed finisher works. Scorpion, Sonya, and lui kangs fatalities were practically the same while Johnny Cage and Kano's are hilariously butchered.

Here's a comparison vid of the MK1 SNES vs Genesis vs arcade fatalities:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Q55nyYPItrc

>>2834639
Love the MK1 music on the Genesis. Fits it perfectly.
>>
Genesis version plays better and has the gore gimmick thing, while the SNES version looks better and has better SFX.
>>
>>2834612
they all suck, stick to mame, but that one sucks too
>>
>>2835346
>>2835643
Go ahead and play inferior ports if you want to. It's up to you.

Fact of the matter is, both SNES and Genesis versions are outdated and newer, more accurate versions have been released.

Or you could always just play it in mame like >>2835792 said.
>>
>>2834612
SNES version is honestly shit. Sega CD version is probably the best in terms of sound and animation. Load times aren't fantastic, though.
>>
I don't remember anyone preferring the SNES version. Everyone knew the Genesis was better. It has the 6 button controller and the blood code.
>>
>>2835906

It's the same as Aladdin, people prefer the SNES version if that's all they played
>>
>>2835942

not true. I owned a SNES and a Genesis growing up, and loved both of them., I played both versions and much preferred the SNES version (of MK and Aladdin).
>>
>>2835959
That's crazy, you're crazy. I bet you like SNES horns in the X series over the Saturn and PS1 arranged versions
>>
>>2835815
Same is true for Doom, the 7th gen HD system ports are obviously superior to the stuff from comparatively ancient hardware.

I think the BFG edition versions are edited to not have red crosses on the medkits (damn copyrights) but otherwise they seem to be the same.
>>
>>2835959
you're like those Morman kids who claim their censored movies are way better than the original uncensored one.
>>
>>2835970
Not him but the PS1 X games were dogshit (3 aside), played the whole series years after the fact on the anniversary collection thing and Christ almighty the game quality takes a long walk off a short pier at X4.
>>
>>2836014
Wait, that's copyrighted? I always thought that a red cross was the universal symbol of wound treatment.
>>
>>2836030

That's not what's being talked about you dumb casual
>>
>>2836034
A red cross is the universal symbol of The Red Cross.
>>
>>2834612
Genesis has to be the one. Graphics are distinguishable enough and gameplay is spot on. I used to play it on an 6-button arcade stick for genesis and the middle button is block just like at the fucking arcades.
>>
>>2835343
Posts like this are what happen when 12 year old are allowed on the Internet.
>>
>>2836028
And you're like the fat kid that swears he knows what's best for other people.

>oh wait, that one's true.
>>
MK1 I'd say Genesis/MegaDrive. Better game play and music, plus it had blood and it didn't have those awful load times like the Sega CD version.
MK 2 SNES by far.
MK 3 SNES again.
MK Trilogy PS1/Saturn whatever floats your goat.
MK 4 I'd say Dream cast, but avoid a bugged copy.
And finally for Deception I like the gamecube version best. Those boss characters are GOAT.
>>
>>2834612
PC CD version was the closest to the arcade.
Beetween SNES and Genesis, Genesis wins for me, even if SNES looked a ton better.
>>
>>2836382
32X MKII is definitely better than the SNES one
>>
>>2836382
>>2836390
32X or PS1 are way better than the SNES port for MKII.
Same goes for the PS1 port for MK3.
>>
>>2836382
>>2836390
If you're talking MK-*2*, that's a totally different question, cause the PC port of that was rock solid. Which is pretty neat, when compounded with how MK2 is so well regarded among the bunch.
>>
>>2836046
It's pretty bullshit how they can copyright or trademark or whatever a red + sign. So who cares if they put it in a game, does that really make people think twice about visiting the actual Red Cross? Pretty dumb.
>>
>>2836382
You forgot UMK3. Genesis version is better because 7 more stages.
>>
>>2836034
Trademarked
>>
>>2836385
I had the 3.5 floppy version. I always thought it ran kind of slow but I guess for the time it's impressive they could fit it all on 2 disks. I hated playing on a keyboard though so I never really played it.
>>
>>2836417
CD version plays a little faster than the floppy version. Floppy version isn't bat at all anyway, but CD one is closer to the arcade.
>>
Not counting PC versions

MK: MD/GEN or Sega CD
MK 2: 32X or SNES
MK 3: PS
UMK3: Saturn if you want arcade accurate features, SNES and GEN are quite different, but are on par with each other.
Trilogy: PS or Saturn, PS has faster load times.
MK 4: N64 for vanilla, Gold on DC if yoy want extras, just make sure its a version 1.1 Red disc.
>>
File: Mk2-1.png (12 KB, 400x254) Image search: [Google]
Mk2-1.png
12 KB, 400x254
>>2836403
shitpost harder
>>
All of them are shit. A good port of a bad game is still a bad game.
>>
>>2836806
bullshit. saturn has faster load times
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.