[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Best character from the game. Prove me wrong.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 6
File: cait-sith2.jpg (41 KB, 600x594) Image search: [Google]
cait-sith2.jpg
41 KB, 600x594
Best character from the game. Prove me wrong.
>>
More like only good character.
>>
>>2833640
Ungermax hits faster, doesn't require reels, and can be easily mimed to kill Emerald Weapon in a little over a minute.
>>
>>2833640
Trick question. He is not actually a character as he is never actually characterized.
>>
I still don't understand what it's supposed to be. The actual avatar of Cait Sith riding an automaton?
>>
>>2833691
Seriously. I thought The fat mog thing was supposed to it, then later the Cat thing is prominent in the sequels and whatnot.
>>
File: Don_Corneo.png (141 KB, 492x732) Image search: [Google]
Don_Corneo.png
141 KB, 492x732
Nope.
>>
>>2833706
Reeve controls the cat, which pilots the mog.

It's implied to be voice-activated.
>>
>tfw you speak a bit of welsh as well as some irish and scots gaelic and you hear people call him "kate sith"

It's pronounced "cat she." You know: like https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bean_sith (banshee), just "cat." Literally means something like "cat from/of the grave" but figuratively "supernatural cat thingy/spirit cat/cat faerie."

Anyway, why do you think he's the best character? I honestly don't remember much about FFVII because I never liked it all that much because it bored me with its endless cut scenes and backroads way of getting to the point and, as such, never played it more than once nearly 20 years ago.

Should I give FFVII another chance?
>>
I liked him as a character but never used him in battle because I've never cared about the slots gimmick ever since FFVI

Don't really get the hate though, do people refuse to read any text in the game and just assume he was just a lolsorandom mascot like Quina?
>>
>>2833798
Are you telling me those wackos on the localization team couldn't wrap their heads around transliterating aerith/aeris but were competent in welsh/gaelic spelling and vocab?
>>
>>2833825
Ha! Never thought of that! Maybe? Looking it up, yes! Because his name in Nipnong is pronounced "ketto shii" which is even closer to the proper Celtic pronunciation than the "cat she" example I gave. AI in Celtic languages is pronounced like the Æ in the Italian and Greek pronunciations of Ætna, that is a rounded E sound.
The closest letter in standard English to that is short A, as in 'cat' or 'bad.'

So yeah, someone on the localisation team had to have at least some rudimentary knowledge of Celtic lore if not Celtic languages.
>>
>>2833807
>Who is commonly presumed to be a large, fat mog is actually a small, robot cat being controlled by some ass hole in shinra.
>While he is initially presumed to be a friend, he is really a spy.

Multiple levels of lies and misinformation are amusing at face value but doesn't necessarily make for interesting characterization.
>>
>>2833673
Not every character needs an edgy, emushunal background story to be considered characterized.
>>
>>2833847
ACfag detected.
>>
>>2833843
Cait Sith wasn't a character. Reeve was. And he was pretty interesting imo, being a conflicted spy for the bad guys and one of the few sympathetic corporates and all.
>>
>>2833858
Maybe.
It looks stupid. How about that?
>>
his backstory makes him even more retarded
i love the scene where he sacrifices himself for the party, only to be immediately replaced by an identical robot a couple seconds later. SO EMUSHNL
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (15 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
15 KB, 480x360
>>2833874
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lrHzvk54-lI
>>
File: palmer sith.png (946 KB, 1050x600) Image search: [Google]
palmer sith.png
946 KB, 1050x600
>>2833869
Should have been this
>>
File: reeve-cait-sith-doc-source.jpg (150 KB, 709x960) Image search: [Google]
reeve-cait-sith-doc-source.jpg
150 KB, 709x960
>>2833858
>>
cait sith is the key to all of this
>>
>>2833890
Oh, izzat what Reeve looks like? Looks like me were I from Sombreroland or Maracasland.
>>
>>2833874
That was pretty hilariously bad.
>>
>>2833890

I liked that even Reeve is a doll most of the fucking time according Dirge of Cerberus. Some day they'll find the actual Reeve as some pale, balding fat fuck in a closet somewhere.
>>
>>2833909

Have you played the game? You see Reeve in the Midgar building
>>
>>2834783

Shinra building, I mean.
>>
>>2833874
thats literally the point. that whole scene was a joke. You were supposed to feel all emotional because he sacrificed himself. Then you remember he's a robot.
>>
>>2834783
Why yes, I sure did. I'm >>2833798

>I honestly don't remember much about FFVII because... I never played it more than once nearly 20 years ago.
>>
I prefer Iscar Matthias
>>
File: cait.png (207 KB, 410x359) Image search: [Google]
cait.png
207 KB, 410x359
>>2833895
The stage in FF7:DoC where you play as Cait was fucking awesome. Good music too.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.