[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
If one of your favorite retro titles got remade, what would change
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3
File: cloud_and_the_dress_for_manda_.jpg (415 KB, 650x878) Image search: [Google]
cloud_and_the_dress_for_manda_.jpg
415 KB, 650x878
If one of your favorite retro titles got remade, what would change to make it palatable in the current times? be it content wise, gameplay, story, whatever.
>>
>>2832335
and by palatable I mean current audiences and media, not you or hardcore gamers
>>
Obviously, the FF7 remake should portray the crossdressing sequence in full 3D glory - including the hot tub scene with Mukki.
>>
>>2832335
KH Emo Cloud instead of Sarcastic Cocky Cloud
>>
>>2832335
Chip's Challenge should have quicksaves, or at least checkpoints. It's such bullsh** to have to start a whole entire level over just because you made one little misstep.
>>
>>2832335
The FFVI opera scene was made into an actual opera and should be put into that remake.
>>
A next-gen FFV remake should portray the undressing Faris in the ship graveyard scene and the royal ball where Faris wears a dress in full HD 3D glory.
>>
>>2832461
Did you just censor profanity on -4chan-?
>>
File: 1404434557029.jpg (421 KB, 720x576) Image search: [Google]
1404434557029.jpg
421 KB, 720x576
on a purely technical level, i wish i could play the old kirby and megaman games without slowdown

i thought the megaman collection on NES was going to have no slowdown. it had slowdown. like seriously why even bother
>>
>>2832507
Yes. Yes I did.
>>
Why would Cloud blush? He let her put it on.
>>
>>2832556

you go gurl
>>
>>2832335
Looking back Aeris was way too happy to see Cloud dress as a girl. That chick has issues.
>>
>>2832335
FF8 - fix the damn battle system. I love the game to death but it's too poorly explained for casuals, and too easy to break for hardcore. Guardian forces take too long to do and don't do enough damage and you can make yourself basically unkillable about 10 minutes into disc 1 with cure refine and a couple of tents. Oh and the SEED quiz to get money with its stupid ambiguously worded questions might want a little rethink too. Limit spam is stupid too and needs fixing. Oh and zell's limit break is too easy to exploit and might want to be reworked. And selphie's one is irritating, boring and varies wildly between 'useless' and 'kills hardest boss in game instantly'. Quistis's one could use a boost too. Making magic more useful would be nice too as most people don't use it as they worry it will reduce their stats and it's usually less powerful than just hitting the opponent.
>>
>>2832551
I don't understand why they don't just do something like:
Remake Mode: Plays with modern touchups
Accuracy Mode: Plays as original developed slowdowns and all
>>
The Legend of Dragoon?

A romance between Lavitz and Albert, Shana gets written out of the story for being a "vulnerable woman" and we just get Miranda from the beginning, Meru gets much more of her skin covered up regardless of her being a dancer and needing a skimpy outfit as part of her profession, and the game is an online-only action RPG.
>>
>>2833715
It is also released in episodes.
>>
>>2834513
>>2833715
Just kill me now.
>>
>>2833715
>>2834513
all optional bosses are paid DLC and are purely cinematic experiences with the occasional prompt for single button input à la God of War.

Also as far as character revamps go, Rose's maybe-menstrual-based-dragoon-magic become very clearly menstrual based. Instead of shouting "astral drain" she now shouts "astral cramps"
>>
>>2832335
FF5 remake on the 3DS with the GBA bonus dungeon and jobs, New Game+ and a prologue with Kelger, Xezat, Dorgann and Galuf.
>>
>>2832461
>co-op chip's challenge
since the crap when
>>
People have been crying for a remake of the MSX Metal Gear games for awhile now. I think it's a terrible idea, frankly.

The environments would have to be much larger and much more open to accommodate the shift in Metal Gear's focus and audience from MGS3 onward. This would require a lot of re-balancing that probably would not happen because even in MGSV it still largely hasn't happened. The story would require an almost total change in order to get rid of goofiness that isn't palatable in modern games, and I'm sure it would also be full of references to reflect the various changes in the series canon.

It would probably be absolutely awful.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.