[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How does your end-game look like in your favorite RPGs? Discuss
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4
File: 1366695320128[1].png (4 KB, 512x448) Image search: [Google]
1366695320128[1].png
4 KB, 512x448
How does your end-game look like in your favorite RPGs?

Discuss your favorite end-game parties, equips, spells, etc.
>>
>>2831074
A group of emo preteens that can do anything because it gives me a false impression of customisation regardless of how nonsensical and imbalanced it is.
>>
I don't play jrpgs because I am not a faggot.
>>
>>2831079
>>2831084
>>2831093
same
>>
With me quitting once it becomes obvious that the game has no more interesting content.
>>
Ness, Paula, Jeff, Poo.
>>
>>2831093
oh i have a feeling you are for other reasons anon
>>
>>2831074
Classic RPG endgames are usually the party overpowering fucking everything and I like it that way. Feels like a good reward for all the RNG buttshit the games usually throw at you beforehand.
>>
>>2831079
>My party usually includes me, my wife...
I was expecting a Retron 5 refrence here to be honest.
>>
File: 1335582400461.jpg (40 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
1335582400461.jpg
40 KB, 400x300
The Dragon Quest crew

1) Fighter/Tank dude. No magic, just beef
2) The Hero. Jack of all trades. Mostly a fighter but back up the mages if necessary
3) The priest. Everyone loves a healer with buffs.
4) The mage. Everyone loves an AoE damager with debuffs

No archers/thieves in this mess.
>>
>>2831079
I bet all of you fags just sit around playing your Retron.
>>
File: Kazuya_render.png (1 MB, 726x2247) Image search: [Google]
Kazuya_render.png
1 MB, 726x2247
Although I do agree with the choice to not give the SMT protag magic, it makes him very unvaried, especially in end-game. There's really only one viable build for him which is STR/VIT with a dash of SPD. The way Strange Journey does it is good: Your skills are based on what weapon you have equipped. It made being the protag more engaging beyond stab-stab-stab/shoot-shoot-shoot

Mid-game, when Law and Chaos Heros were still with you was the most fun part of the game. You've got enough resources so that the game isn't boring, but you aren't so tough that the game isn't boring either.
>>
>>2831084
Holy shit, are you still butthurt from being BTFO in the other thread?

Let me bring you some ice cubes for you anal pains Anon.
>>
>>2831074
Terra with 8x attack
Edgar being himself
Relm as my mage
Gogo bum rushing like hell
>>
>>2833179
>implying I wasn't making fun of your stupidity
Whatever you think, kid. Go back to junctioning in FF8 because it gives you the most 'freedom'.
>>
File: 1423071512189.jpg (29 KB, 624x480) Image search: [Google]
1423071512189.jpg
29 KB, 624x480
>>2834078
>Implying I even play FF or DQ garbage

Sure thing son, you're the one who got buttblasted into oblivion, not me.
Have fun playing your visual novels with preset characters and think it's actual roleplay.
>>
>>2834103
Yes, we get it, you want to roleplay as god who can steal/nuke/heal/summon/stop time/use swords that are 4x the size of your body all on the same character. Doesn't make it not ridiculous as fuck.

>Sure thing son, you're the one who got buttblasted into oblivion, not me.
How did you having a shitty opinion on RPG systems btfo me again?
>>
>>2833359
I sure hope one of them has 128 magic block
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.