[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Planescape: Torment.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5
File: 2015-12-02-015036_388x492_scrot.png (345 KB, 388x492) Image search: [Google]
2015-12-02-015036_388x492_scrot.png
345 KB, 388x492
First time player here and I just started it like an hour ago but this is very interesting. Really excited to see how it goes it seems like my time of game so far.

question though I read that this game is better if you avoid confrontations because of the stories and characters, so if I were to get into one by accident, would there be a way of stop everybody from wanting to kill me or would I be destined to be a target until I leave that certain area/level/etc?.
>>
It depends who you started fighting.
There really are a couple enemies that just fight you on sight, and there's some early game small time thieves that fight you, like if you get pulled into the alley or whatever.

I don't think they effect any factions. As long as you have a high wis/char/int character, don't worry, you'll see most of the dialogue options and that's what you don't want to miss out on.

You'll have many fights and that's fine, but you want to be able to choose.
>>
tfw reading the novel is more fun than playing the game
>>
>>2829634
>95% of the game was reading
>mort had the only good VA
>character customazation for combat was a joke
Obviously.
>>
>>2829631
>>high wis/char/int char

This. Make sure you do this
>>
>>2829720
>shitting on based Tony Jay
nigga
>>
If I remember correctly, for dialogue options, wisdom is the most important stat in the game. Invest in it.
>>
File: 1442091075259.jpg (31 KB, 448x419) Image search: [Google]
1442091075259.jpg
31 KB, 448x419
>>2829631
>>
File: 2015-12-02-160219_639x475_scrot.png (353 KB, 639x475) Image search: [Google]
2015-12-02-160219_639x475_scrot.png
353 KB, 639x475
I'll piggyback on this thread. I already started a game and I just got to the Hive.

I didn't know about the wisdom thing so I only have 14 points on that so far. Is there any way to quickly get more points from here? how much of the game did I miss so far by not giving it all to Wisdom from the start?

I really don't feel like starting over.
>>
>>2829736
IIRC you could stack castings of Friends to get CHA as high as you liked, so CHA isn't important.
>>
>>2830627
>Is there any way to quickly get more points from here?
Nope. Your stats don't change a whole lot in AD&D based games. In case you're unaware levelling up will not increase your stats ever. So you've rolled a pretty useless dude there and he will stay useless.
>>
>>2831360
Ylbut you do get stat raises in torment? And int/wis/charisma is exactly what you want on torment? And your starting stats are op as fuck in torment and its impossible to make a bad character? Dude. What the fuck.
>>
>>2831391
>but you do get stat raises in torment?
...Do you? Been a while since I played. I was making an assumption and I know there's a saying about that. Something to do with a donkey's arse.
>>
>>2829626
>reddit tier story
>Shit combat
why do people like this game again?
>>
>>2831480
There is nothing wrong with Reddit.
>>
File: samefag-gavanvsgokai.jpg (144 KB, 854x480) Image search: [Google]
samefag-gavanvsgokai.jpg
144 KB, 854x480
>>2831542
What's this whole (you) meme about? It seems to have nothing to do you the (You) that appears next to your own posts because it's always pretty much used as a generic insult, not even a samefag accusation. I don't get it.
>>
>>2832862
Okay, I'm just spitballing here, but I think the idea is that you want to insult someone but don't want to dignify them with an actual response, so you just tell them "Here's your (You)".
>>
If you think Regret is the answer to this game, you either didn't play it right, didn't finish it, or didn't understand the plot.
>>
>>2831480
A reddit-tie... what? How the flying fuck can a story be compared to Reddit?

You're just using Reddit as a bogeyman because you can't articulate proper criticism.
>>
File: Torment-Sere.jpg (277 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
Torment-Sere.jpg
277 KB, 1024x768
The dialogue options in this game are insane, especially coming from modern stuff. Do the other RPGs from Bioware/Black Isle from the late 90s/early 2000s have a similar range of responses?

This game is great though, I do kind of wish that it was made more clear that the main character can't really multiclass.

I got a bunch of levels as thief thinking that the lockpicking etc would still be possible after switching to mage, but the game doesn't let them carry over when they logically should.

It seems kind of arbitrary, given it does work like that with Annah.
>>
>>2835191
Fallout 1-2 and Arcanum, sort of, though nowhere near as deep as Planescape's dialog trees.
>>
>>2831360
Anyone who reads this thread: disregard that post.
This guy haven't played Torment.
You actually can raise stats on level up. Also, depending on your class various stats raise on 6th lvl and 12th + there are various tattoos and items that grant stats boosts.
>>
>>2835362
Bruv, I've already admitted to my mistake. You 'calling me out' accomplishes nothing.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.