[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I want a good portable system, something that I can pop my ROMs
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4
File: 1447029758832.png (74 KB, 279x312) Image search: [Google]
1447029758832.png
74 KB, 279x312
I want a good portable system, something that I can pop my ROMs on. A portable arcade/console emu, along the lines of a GP2x Wiz.

Are there any good ones, or anything along those lines, that anyone here would reccomend?
>>
>this thread again
>>
>>2825349
I'm just asking an honest question man, I barely even lurk here
>>
>>2825315
use your smartphone
>>
>>2825358
Lesson 1: There's this thing called a catalog
>>2810030
>>
Any GP model is going to be pretty expensive to import, and if I understand correctly, the emulation software for GP systems isn't that great.

The general consensus is to get a cheap PSP (maybe a PSP-1000) and mod it into an emulation machine. The 1000 series is incredibly easy to soft mod. All you need to do is download the files and send them to the system. No additional hardware needed.

Emulators on PSP range from great to utter shit. You'll have the most success with early platforms like NES and SMS. The PSP is natively compatible with PS1 games somehow, either through hardware or built-in software emulation. Either way, PS1 compatibility is excellent, and you can either download PS1 games already converted for use with a PSP, or there are tools that let you build the images yourself.

And yes, we get this question dozens of times a week.
>>
>>2825358

lurk moar
>>
>>2825376
Well thanks. Again, I'm not trying to be an inconvenience, just asking honestly.
>>
[Spoiler]is it safe?[/Spoiler]
>>
>>2825315
An n3ds is better than the PSP but more expensive. The emulators are much more accurate than on PSP and you get to pay 3ds and ds games. Get a PSP if u can't afford an ñ3ds
>>
>>2825476
It also plays more systems in general. And has full featured mame and fba ports. You also have the bonus of 2 joysticks for ps1 games (which will be full speed very soon). I recently played through sotn and ff7 on my n3ds actually and they ran beautifully. Just make sure you get one under 9.2 so you can pirate games. There's a guide on gbatemp on how to buy a hackable n3ds in a store. If you have the dosh I highly suggest you go that route.
>>
>>2825476
>The emulators are much more accurate than on PSP

Not in my experience.

>but more expensive

Yeah, buttloads more expensive. Emulating on 3DS is not worth the investment unless you already happen to own one.
>>
>>2825376
All PSP models are easy to softmod these days, long gone are the days of shit like Pandora and other obscure methods
>>
>>2825534
Then you're an idiot. 3ds plays native gba games and has a fullspeed snes9x 1.43 and a fullspeed gens plus gx port that isn't hacked together. The PSP is a less powerful console and is less accurate in every way. But it's also cheaper. If you have the cash an n3ds isn't crazy expensive and is better. This isn't subject to opinion. This is fact
>>
ive been looking for the same with no much luck
ive found out about the pyra handheld, the ouya and the upcoming valve console but nothing ill wish to buy
>>
I was just going to pick up a psp off of craigslist because they're cheap as fuck.

I had no idea that the 3ds had emulators, that makes me really want to get one. Would i still be able to play retail 3ds games online?
>>
>>2825576
>"B-but you're an idiot! I'm right because I say so!"

Right then. Opinion discarded.
>>
>>2825576

shill out buttfucker.
>>
>>2825376
The only problem with the PSP is that SNES emulation on it is shit. N64 is too, but that's honestly to be expected.

It still baffles me how reasonably good SNES emulation can be done on an old Pentium 1 PC, but not on PSP. I mean, yeah, ZSNES is a buggy piece of shit now, but it was remarkable for its day, and for most games, it's almost perfect.
>>
File: 98375928735.gif (2 MB, 250x188) Image search: [Google]
98375928735.gif
2 MB, 250x188
>>2825315
laptop, tablet, phone, b8
>>
File: 1447489429603.jpg (183 KB, 1024x1024) Image search: [Google]
1447489429603.jpg
183 KB, 1024x1024
I recently purchased a PSP Go for my emulation needs after owning a few PSP's in the past, and I've got a small problem with some of the PS1 games.

A lot of the games don't come with music, where I will only hear SFX. I understand the problem is because the games were ripped without the CD music files.
Is there any way to rip them from an Iso on my disk? I would just rip them straight from my PS1 CD's but unfortunately I don't have access to a working CD/R.
>>
Just ask your mom for a snes you twit.

Christmas is around the corner.
>>
File: 1448791858776.jpg (26 KB, 252x253) Image search: [Google]
1448791858776.jpg
26 KB, 252x253
>>2828046
Rip the music from an ISO?
Use Daemon tools, then use PSMplay
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.