[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I know there are some Saturn and PS1 emulators that let you put
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3
File: panasonic-3do.png (333 KB, 600x467) Image search: [Google]
panasonic-3do.png
333 KB, 600x467
I know there are some Saturn and PS1 emulators that let you put an actual disk in your PC's drive and run it, are there any emulators that do that for the 3DO?
>>
Isn't 3DO emulation legit terrible?
>>
3DO emulation is atrocious, get a real 3DO or a 3DO Blaster for your retro PC.
>>
>>2824957
Is it region free? I asked because I acquired an import game and just want to test it out.
>>
Have you tried the ones recommended in the Wiki?
>>
>>2824973
For the most part yes. There are a few games that'll crash because they require a kanji font that isn't on Western systems though.
>>
>>2824945
4DO does this, 3D games are great for it since you can up the resolution. Starfighter for instance looks great. A lot of stuff is hit and miss though.
>>
File: Phoenix English.png (150 KB, 1399x1312) Image search: [Google]
Phoenix English.png
150 KB, 1399x1312
Phoenix (win/linux) has iso mounting and should work for any game. Kanji,savestates and higher internal solution are supported.
http://www.arts-union.ru/node/23
>>
>>2824954
Isn't that the case with Saturn and N64 as well though? Why are 5th Gen systems so tricky to emulate?
>>
>>2827718
Isn't SSF (Saturn emu) supposed to be really good? Ive used it myself and had no issues, though it feels cumbersome to set up and I haven't figured out how to get mounted games to load (my CDs work great though)
>>
>>2824957
>3DO Blaster
I thought this thing is rare.
>>
>>2827718

Unnecessarily complex hardware, probably, which is why everyone went for the PlayStation.
>>
File: n64 (2).jpg (490 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
n64 (2).jpg
490 KB, 1600x1200
>>2828060
>this
>complex hardware
Quite the opposite really.

The only reason N64 is hard to emulate is because of the microcode programmable vertex shader and the fact that the hardware accelerates 3D in a bit of a different way to your modern DirectX / OpenGL compliant parts because there was no standard way of doing things back then.
>>
>>2828056
Yeah. So?
>>
I bought Primal Rage for the 3DO for $10, I run it by putting the disc in my computer with a 3DO emulator.

It's pretty bad. Choppy as hell, bugs out half the time.
>>
>>2828092
>The only reason N64 is hard to emulate is because of the microcode programmable vertex shader

The microcode also is rather poorly documented; Nintendo's official programming manuals weren't that helpful and they deliberately kept certain microcodes undocumented so third parties couldn't use them.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.