[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: Pointless sections/areas that kill the flow of their game.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: maxresdefault.jpg (94 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
94 KB, 1280x720
ITT: Pointless sections/areas that kill the flow of their game.
>>
It wasn't really pointless, you had to go throught there to get to the Sector.

Also, most of the monsters there had great drops and steal.
>>
>>2824875
Not OP, but you're right about the items thing. It felt kinda needlessly tedious...I dunno about killing the flow, I think it had a nice atmosphere even if it was a little long for my tastes, maybe 20-30 minutes tops if you want to steal.
>>
Heating/freezing that card in Metal Gear Solid
>>
>>2824878
The entire game is just walking through various areas fighting monsters to get to the next story beat. How was that section any different from anything else in there?

>>2824881
This here is a legit good example.
>>
>>2824881
You can add the backtrack to get the Sniper Rifle, and then it sends you back again right after.
>>
>>2824871
Fucking Pinnacle Rock.

I don't have a picture.
>>
>>2824871

Train Graveyard was alright. It was a nice break from the fetch-quest-fest that you were just on in Wall Market.
>>
>>2824871
Who cares about "flow", that area had the best damn music. Totally worth it for that alone.
>>
I actually like navigating environments and solving puzzles in FF7

some of it was pretty creative and had you doing stuff that was pretty novel for field exploration in an rpg at the time
>>
>>2824871
I liked it. Midgar was mostly events and needed a bit more dungeon in it so you could actually play the game. Fuck knows the slums were a joke of a dungeon area, you could run through the whole place before a single encounter triggered.
>>
>>2824871
i liked the location so I didn't mind
but now that you mention FF, I am reminded how the world of ruin completely killed VI for me
>>
>>2824881
how about running up those seemingly endless stairs while throwing flash/chaff grenades like an idiot
>>
>>2828048

Or waiting for the elevator forever the first time, because muh cinematic credits (they were neat, though)
>>
>>2828048
not going up with the AR and mowing everyone down
>>
>>2824871
Of all the areas of FF7, sections like this of Midgar are what I remember most. I'd say shit like the Golden Saucer as being far more tedious and immersion-killing
>>
I agree with OP, the train graveyard was annoying and confusing due to the shitty graphics. Very tedious section to replay
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.