[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So /vr/, what is the best way to enjoy FFVII On the go? On the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 5
File: image.jpg (45 KB, 456x323) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
45 KB, 456x323
So /vr/, what is the best way to enjoy FFVII On the go? On the PSP or the Vita? I might say that I kinda enjoy native resolutions or as close to them as possible.
>>
>>2824759
iOS
>>
>>2824997

Hell no, filthy casual scum.
>>
>those awful shadows
>>
>>2825014
FFVII is as casual as RPGs get, stop trying to act superior. The iOS version is fine.
>>
File: 029387520375.gif (1 MB, 250x233) Image search: [Google]
029387520375.gif
1 MB, 250x233
>>2824759
Emulated on a bigscreen tv headed down the highway in the back of an rv.
>>
File: 1411084426154.jpg (60 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
1411084426154.jpg
60 KB, 800x600
>>2824759
Sort of /vr/, I'm not entirely sure. I'd rather just help you out.

The PSP and Vita allow you to maintain the original resolution or at least it seems to match it though you'll see some differences between the version of the hardware you're using. I've personally played VII on both my PSP (when it was re-released) and on my Vita as well. The option to change the resolution is similar to how it is done on the PS3 itself (screen smoothing, size, etc).

>>2824997
>iOS

I don't have a clue but when you could have a emulation machine like a hacked PSP or Vita I'm assuming you're spending more time gaming and less time attempting to use the control scheme. Who knows.
>>
File: IMG_6080.jpg (233 KB, 1200x1600) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6080.jpg
233 KB, 1200x1600
>>2824759
>FFVII On the go
why not actual HW with branded peripheals and some big battery from automobile
>>
>>2826027
I'll be honest, iOS certainly looks better than PC because it's on a smaller screen.

But really, just use a PS1 emulator. Square's quality for mobile ports has always been dodgy somewhere (online forever DRM, bugs, shitty touch interface on some where emulator d-pads are better, etc), and there's a patch for the Spirit Bug if you need it. Hell, the iffy fan translation for PC is ported to it with even more fixes if you're that much of a faggot.
>>
File: thrustcoot.png (133 KB, 1040x684) Image search: [Google]
thrustcoot.png
133 KB, 1040x684
>>2827828
>>
>>2828705
This. The only ones I'd ever touch with a ten foot pole would be DQ because Armor Project actually tried.

FFV may be a tiny bit salvageable, but the rest are absolute garbage that may or may not even work down the line knowing Squeenix's update priorities. Fuck that.
>>
>>2824759
PSP. It's not like you need another analog stick for it.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.