[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Now, we ALL know DKC2 was the best out of the original Donkey
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 7
File: dkc or dkc3.jpg (144 KB, 428x653) Image search: [Google]
dkc or dkc3.jpg
144 KB, 428x653
Now, we ALL know DKC2 was the best out of the original Donkey Kong Country trilogy. But... which one is 2nd best?
>>
look it's this thread again
oh hey that dkc3 is in french
>>
>>2823929
DKC
The enemies look better, the music is better, no shitty Kiddy Kong, DKC3s only good bits are that it has Dixie and as a result it has more interesting levels
>>
DKC3 was my favorite as a kid and still is. Get fucked, OP.
>>
>>2823949
Seconded, DKC3 was a huge improvement over the others
>>
>>2823929

3 is better if you like more adventure in your action games. 1 is better if you want a more strait forward, run and jump, platformer.

>>2823982
please tell me how 3 is a huge improvement over 2.
>>
>>2824013
Are you mentally handicapped?
You literally just give a condition on which DKC3 is better than 2 in the sentence before you ask how it's an improvement.
>>
>>2824023
But is not an improvement. It was the beggining of the collectathon madness with the birds and the fetch quests. Is not bad though, but it got fucked by the N64 so nobody played it on launch. Also is the third game. The third game is bound to be dissapointing.
>>
Just finished a playthrough a while ago. Not as expansive as I remember, compared to DKC2. Before I even realized it, I was already at the end of the game.
>>
DKC3 and is not even close.
>>
>>2824023
>>>/v/
>>
>>2824032
>3 is better if you like more adventure in your action games
>3 is better
How are you this shitty at the English language?
>>
>>2824058
I'm not that anon ya dingus.
2>>>>>>1>3
>>
I don't think any of the DKC games are better than another. I've never thought they were anything more than mediocre. Good graphics and music, but the games weren't anything special.
>>
>>2824032
>Is not bad though, but it got fucked by the N64 so nobody played it on launch.

I'm assuming you weren't even alive back then.
>>
DKC > DKC2 > DKC3

"More" doesn't always mean better.
>>
>>2823929
1 > 2 > shit > 3
>>
>>2824187
Everyone was playing Mario 64.
>>
>>2824256
Maybe I grew up weird, but I don't recall ever having a "this system is dead, onto the next" moment.
Anyway, as for the OP, I don't know. I haven't played them all the way through in close enough period of time to really compare. I can say that I think I might prefer the "realer" look of 1 compared to the overall cartoony feel of 3. 2 was kind of a happy medium.
>>
>>2824174
go to bed, shiggy.
>>
File: ssbmdonkeykong6.jpg (39 KB, 438x360) Image search: [Google]
ssbmdonkeykong6.jpg
39 KB, 438x360
DKC 3 GBA > DKC 1 Snes > DKC 3 Snes
>>
>>2824654
>DKC 3 GBA
Any reason why? The extra world wasn't that great and the Wise tracks were pretty shite.

Great game on the GBA don't get me wrong.
>>
>>2824662

GBA games were shit. Who cares if they added plot they are uglier and butchered the brilliant OST.

DKC3 was my favourite anyway because I fucking loved the exploration they added. The new boats you could buy, etc. Such a great sequel.
>>
I like the style of the bakgrounds and shit more in DKC 3, it's more northern-like, rather than jungle.

I grew up with DK Land 3
>>
As music goes
DKC2-DKC-DKC3(Eveline Fischer version)-DKC3(David Wise version)

David had some good tracks in the game but Eveline had an all round better soundtrack.

Fischer's
Nuts N' Bolts
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5rd0QpuvKTI

Wise's
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FcuXrF3nT9M

Fischer's
Boss Boogie
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jWM865gy6_c

Wise's
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oliD6Ww5Uss

Fischer's
Stilt Village
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9SCMgBkHb_8

Wise's
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L92aEstJjA0
>>
why does everyone like DKC2 so much? DKC1 is so much better in my option.
>>
>>2824667
>GBA games were shit.
Hot him but the GBA games were pretty good... On an actual GBA. Ofc emulating and stretching the image makes them ugly as fuck and yeah the music isnt as good tho having DKC1/2/3 on the go was great. Runs smooth and controls great.

Are they as good as the Snes games? No ofc not. Are they shit? No.
>>
>>2824704
Primarily the soundtrack and the difficulty

Personally I like 3 better cause of the fun atmosphere
>>
>>2823929
>we ALL know DKC2 was the best

Fuck off.
>>
I love Donkey Kong Country the same way I love Spyro.

The sequels do some very impressive things but the simplicity, charm, and atmosphere just can't be matched in the originals.
>>
>>2824681
It takes place in Canada. That's why.
>>
>everyone listing DKC1 above anything
Stop.
>>
File: latest[3].png (1 MB, 1428x1006) Image search: [Google]
latest[3].png
1 MB, 1428x1006
>>2823941
The enemies look like complete shit in DKC3, like what the fuck even?!

Now this, this is what you call an enemy roster!
>>
>>2826045
It clearly was though.
>>
DKC2 is only better than DKC if you played it back in the 1990's. The "improvements" are lackluster today. DKC still outshines DKC2 in challenge, progression, and gameplay.
>>
File: download.jpg (8 KB, 246x205) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
8 KB, 246x205
>when someone asks if DKC3 is better than DKC
>>
>>2826054

DKC1 felt like the opposite of charming to me. I felt like I was walking through a 3D artist's portfolio instead of worlds specifically created for the game.
>>
File: J-Jonah-Jameson-laughing[1].jpg (19 KB, 619x320) Image search: [Google]
J-Jonah-Jameson-laughing[1].jpg
19 KB, 619x320
>>2830540
>>
>>2830540
>DKC still outshines DKC2 in challenge, progression, and gameplay.
I haven't seen this much nostalgiafagging in a long time.
>>
File: dkclevels.png (153 KB, 768x224) Image search: [Google]
dkclevels.png
153 KB, 768x224
DKC1 has a more iconic art style but DKC3 is a better game.

>>2824654
that's some horrible taste right there

The GBA games looked washed out and hideous, and the tracks that David Wise did for the DKC3 GBA port were absolutely disgusting. Say what you will about Eveline Fischer's original tracks but you're only lying to yourself if you say that Wise's aural fecal matter was better in any way.

>SNES
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lnaO1AddZs8

>GBA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pJHgjI2bMlM
>>
>>2830674
>I haven't seen this much nostalgiafagging in a long time.

Says the guy still wowed by a sequel 20 years later
>>
>>2830540
This anon gets it. The only good thing about DKC2 was the addition of Lost World (which levels should've been in the main game, instead of locked away as bonus content).
>>
File: 1412763552621.jpg (43 KB, 500x300) Image search: [Google]
1412763552621.jpg
43 KB, 500x300
>>2830540
>>2830756
>>
>>2830756
Is it opposite day today or something?
>>
>>2830791
its hip to be unique and different

i actually prefer 3 purely for nostalgia tho even i can see 2 is the better game.
>>
>>2823929
uh, the original. duh.
DKC3 was complete shit, the only saving grace was dixie, and she was in DKC2. so why even bother playing 3?
>>2830543
this.
>>
>>2830806
>Dixie
>good
Casual detected

She's Easy Mode: The Character

DKC3's problem wasn't Kiddy, it was the lack of Diddy's speed.
>>
>>2830957
This guy fucking gets it. High five!

DKC3's main problem is that both characters are equally slow. Also the lack of "flow" in many of the levels really ruins a lot of what made the previous two games so fun to play over and over.
>>
>>2830957
Dixie is the cancer that killed Donkey Kong.

If it had been three games with just DK and Diddy, it'd have been so much better.

Oh well, at least there's always Tropical Dong.
>>
>>2830735
>those songs
Holy shit lmao

Wise's comes off as a downright joke when played next to Eveline's. It starts off sounding like a Harvest Moon song and then tries to be atmospheric but doesn't really do a good job (in part due to sound limitations), then goes straight back to HM.
>>
>>2830957
>She's Easy Mode: The Character

Funny, because that's exactly what Diddy is. Real men play as the big man Donkey Kong in DKC1 and as Kiddy Kong in DKC3.
>>
>>2831109
But the first DKC had horrible character balance, where Diddy was clearly superior in every way.

DKC2 had perfect character balance, especially with two players, since Dixie was very accommodating to new players, with her slower speed and hair-twirl, while Diddy was more suited for the style of play of veteran players, with his fluent roll-jumps and acceleration from roll-kills.
>>
is david wise the greatest of all time?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BSqYgIHgqFI
>>
>>2834086
Grant Kirkhope is better.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fUUEy4UgzDI
>>
>>2834105
shame that game is complete trash
>>
>>2824704
Because 1 is way too easy
>>
>>2834125
>too easy
But anon, it doesn't have Dixie.
>>
Dkc1 is superior. Less stupidly hard, better atmosphere, music, can actually play as DK.
>>
>>2834125
Omfg chill
>>
OP this is like asking what's the best of Bowie's Berlin albums! There really is no right or wrong answer. All 3 are great for totally different reasons, it just boils down to what you prefer. (Also Low>Lodger>Heros)
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XIed0kUh57w
>>
>>2830540
>>2830756
I never finished either game to be fair (I rarely finish games) but from what I did play I feel that DKC's levels are less gimmicky. 2 has a lot of level gimmicks and animals and shit and it just feels like you don't spend enough time just having fun with the core mechanics.
>>
>>2835054

you should finish them.

They even have save features, and DKC1 isn't even that long.
>>
>>2824667
>>2824667
I actually like the reworked maps on some of the worlds and the new minigames in DKC1.
>>
>>2834146
>DKC3
>stupidly hard
baka

The only really challenging levels are in Krematoa, but those aren't "stupidly hard" and are completely optional.
>>
>>2834023
Kiddy Kong would be more accepted if they brought back DK's ground slap move. The water skipping move is nice but it has no real application aside from getting to some bonus stages.
>>
>>2824219
This guy gets it
Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.