[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /vr/, Do you guys use individual emulators to play older
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2
File: com-retroarch.png (9 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
com-retroarch.png
9 KB, 300x300
Hey /vr/,

Do you guys use individual emulators to play older games, or have you moved to Retroarch? I'm currently trying Retroarch out to emulate Episode 1 Racer for the N64 myself, but I get quite a bit of stutter.
>>
lol retroarch is a meme for crt shader loving faggtos
>>
>>2823785
I don't use shaders.

Anything else?
>>
>>2823795
why are you even on retroarch then? just lol at following the herd without even knowing why
>>
>>2823803
>You will immediately cease and not continue to access the site if you are under the age of 18.
Please respect the rules friend.
>>
>>2823803
Why? Mainly because it's several emulators in one. I like that.

Do I need any other reason?
>>
>>2823803
not the guy you replied to, but you're a fucking faggot.

I bet you like Anton Lavey, too.

I bet even your mother despises you.
>>
>>2823803
mednafen PSX and PC Engine are the best emulators for those two systems, and mednafen has no native frontend. Retroarch is also pretty simple to set up so why not just use it for the rest of my emulators means I'm already using it for two of them?
>>
So anyone here use Retroarch to emulate N64 or SNES games on something low-end like a laptop or your phone? Do you suffer from stuttering as well?
>>
Most of the platforms I emulate aren't included in Retroarch anyway.
MAME is a more reasonable option but I prefer to have dedicated emlulators.
I have started to use Bizhawk as a multi system emulator
>>
>>2823776
Or you can just play Episode I Racer on Windows 7.
>>
>>2823795

Dynamic Rate Control
>>
>>2823893
also don't forget nestopia undead core and higan core. both flawless.
>>
File: 1442522808587.jpg (18 KB, 300x400) Image search: [Google]
1442522808587.jpg
18 KB, 300x400
I got Retroarch so I could switch games and emulators from my couch with just my controller, but it seems to absolutely despise my cheapo TV. The approximated refresh rate lands nowhere near the actual number, causing terrible stutter which ruins the experience for me.
I never managed to get the stutter down to a tolerable level, so I eventually gave up.
Might try it out again after I've replaced the TV.
>>
Individual emulators, because they just werk, and usually much better than multi-system frontends that involve extensive INI editing to get the most basic functions up and running.

As for N64 emulation, the state of N64 emulation is currently shit, has always been shit, and will likely continue to be shit for years to come. Nothing you can do about that.
>>
>>2825651
In my opinion it's the other way around. Retroarch is much faster with same cores as individual emulators and audio sync is better.
>>
>>2823803
I use RetroArch because it lets me use hard-gpu-sync in emulators that otherwise don't support it

I literally can't play platformers without it
>>
>>2826590
I also use RetroArch. Can u tell me what hard sync does? I never turned it on and I'm curious? Is this related to v sync? Also RetroArch defaulted to 60000/1001Hz. Is this good or is pure 60Hz better?
>>
>>2826595
It tells your gpu's video buffer to go fuck itself.
It noticeably reduces input lag for me, and I recommend turning it on for anyone who isn't on a toaster
>>
>>2826606
What does the buffer do? Prerender frames?
>>
>>2826612
just imagine that your gpu is a greedy jew keeping all the frames to itself unless you slap it upside the head
>>
>>2826617
I just tried it out. I guess I have a slow turd, it caused lag in my case. I'm playing on my laptop from 2012 connected to HDTV with a geforce 540m and 8 GB ram and 2,2Ghz processor.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.