[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is it just coincidence that I so frequently see Hard Corps referred
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4
File: Contra_-_Hard_Corps_Coverart.png (192 KB, 250x355) Image search: [Google]
Contra_-_Hard_Corps_Coverart.png
192 KB, 250x355
Is it just coincidence that I so frequently see Hard Corps referred to as the hardest Contra game? Is it a meme I'm unaware of? I'm baffled as to how someone can actually hold that opinion.

>short playthroughs
>lots of extra lives
>plenty of continues
>most boss fights (and the game is comprised mostly of boss fights) can be easily trivialized
>invincibility slide
>Browny
>and if all that's not enough, you can play the Japanese version, which is so easy that a gay retard baby can beat it

It's the only Contra game that I was able to beat with very little practice.
>>
>>2823008
You forgot >Fang
>>
Hard Corps Uprising is way better.
>>
>>2823008
It is quite easy, but most of the contra games can be "trivialized" and considered easy too.
contra hard corps is fun as shit if you ask me.
I like the pacing with it being mostly a boss rush with various routes.
>>
jap version is more fun, there's a level select code, you don't lose weapons as frequently and once you get hit you can tank through attacks with your blinking frames for a little while
>>
Yeah, if you're used to 1cc'ing arcade shit I can see how this game could be considered almost too easy.
>>
>>2823321
problem w/ the japanese version is that Fang and Brownie are even 1000x more godly.. in the us version, where u die with 1 hit and lose your weapon, at least Fang and brownie has to be careful so as not get hit and lose their best weapon. because they only have 2 good weapons, and 2 situation specific weapons. otoh ray has 4 and sheena has 3 average but all-purpose weapons, so that even if they lose a life they can improvise with another decent weapon. but in the japanese version, fang and brownie have no fear of losing their buster shot or yoyo. and the humans are completely and utterly useless, especially sheena
>>
>>2823008
Because not everyone in the world is an ultra l33t hax0r hardcore MLG pro like you OP.
>>
>>2823321
Castlevania bloodlines Japanese version is also easier

Konami fucked up the password system in the us
>>
>>2823321
I play the jap rom to learn the game. It even has an extra life code.
the US game is where you go once you know to not die.
>>
>>2823324
>>2823436
Are you guys just....bad at these?
>>
>>2823486
No we just have this little thing called A LIFE!
>>
>>2823490
nah. u just don't know how to slide. nub
>>
It is pretty much a meme. Contra game difficulty is a meme in general.

I hate the boss rush design of Hard Corps. No idea who thought this direction would be good for a Contra game, a series where most of the fun and challenge came from the stages.
>>
>>2823486
I've beat it already, wouldn't do it again, the forest autoscroller boss is boring.
>>
>>2823008
Not really. I have finished it in around 45 minutes and I'm really bad at games.
Contra games aren't really difficult. You just need to be good at discovering the bosses movement patterns and maybe a little bit of practice.
>>
File: supercontra1_extras.jpg (181 KB, 424x1000) Image search: [Google]
supercontra1_extras.jpg
181 KB, 424x1000
The only Contra game I would consider difficulty is the second loop exclusive to the Japanese version of Super Contra, which sets the game on the hardest difficulty and removes continues completely. Contra Rebirth is also pretty hard if you're going for a 1CC, since it gives you no extra lives.

The US version of Hard Corps is doable with enough practice.
>>
I want to play hard corps, bit the fucking flashing every time you shoot a boss is impossibly bad. Are there any patches or hacks to remove this?
>>
>>2824070
>Contra game difficulty is a meme in general.
Wtf does this mean?
>>
File: 1421976904826.gif (911 KB, 422x585) Image search: [Google]
1421976904826.gif
911 KB, 422x585
>>2825064
Protip: Don't EVER fucking ask that question on 4Chan. The answer will somehow be more worthless than the question. People have been fucking sucked into the Twilight Zone for that shit, never to return except as an occasional shrieking ball of madness.
>>
>>2825064
It's exagerated by people who have no experience with retro games. You don't have to look far to find people calling it impossible without the Konami code or putting it on "hardest games of all time" lists. Meanwhile anyone who actually plays the game seriously will realize that they are very approachable and forgiving. Out of everything on the NES, I think Contra 1-2 are probably some of the easiest games to do a no death run in.
>>
File: 1379551518757.png (57 KB, 266x236) Image search: [Google]
1379551518757.png
57 KB, 266x236
>>2823008
>invincibility slide
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.