[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
You guys ever play Zombies Ate My Neighbors?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: _20151128_115452.jpg (163 KB, 1080x759) Image search: [Google]
_20151128_115452.jpg
163 KB, 1080x759
>Zombies Ate My Neighborsis a run and gun video game
>developed by Lucas Arts and originally >published byKonamifor the Super Nintendo and Sega Genesis consoles in 1993.
>One or two players take control of protagonists >Zeke and Julie in order to rescue the titular neighbors from monsters often seen in horror movies.
>Aiding them in this task are a variety of weapons andpower-ups that can be used to battle the numerous enemies in eachlevel. >Various elements and aspects of horror movies are referenced in the game with some of its more violent content being censored in various territories such as
>Europe and Australia, where it is known only asZombies
>>
Awesome game. Gaining a lot of popularity lately. Glad I never sold mine. I prefer the Genesis version a little bit, but both are awesome and pretty good games that have similar versions a cross both consoles.
>>
>>2822726
Yeah same here I only have the Super Nintendo version original box it came in. One of my favorite games, I like the whole horror movie theme so badass
>>
>>2822726
I'm interested, what makes you prefer the genesis version when it was so lazily done?
>>
>>2822757
Mind telling us the differences between the two?
>>
>>2822761
One of them he played as a kid.
>>
>>2822763
Nah, you're actually wrong.

I just prefer the sound and having the map open all the time is cool. That being said, they're both really similar and offer more or less the same experience.

Not everything boils down to nostalgia.
>>
>>2822834
also this guy, to add to that I like the Genny controller (6 button) a bit better as well. That being said, the SNES version seems a little better for co-op since most people are familiar with that controller.

Lastly, the controls on the SNES version, while functional, just don't feel as natural to me for whatever reason.
>>
>>2822712
I've played it for years. Always get up to the sand worm level, don't have enough skeleton keys, and can't kill a worm, so I quit.
>>
>>2822761
The music is butchered on the Genesis version. You can compare the same tracks on youtube.
The Genesis one has an always-on map on the side which is nice because it doesn't take up space on your play area.
>>
Greatly overstays its welcome. The gameplay elements can hardly support ten levels before getting stale, and you have to go to 48.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.