[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Moon Remix RPG Adventure
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 15
File: 1702titlescreen.png (27 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
1702titlescreen.png
27 KB, 320x240
So, let me guess. The Moon Remix thread got deleted because people started bickering over Undertale. Come the fuck on, guys. Can anybody at least tell me if there's any place were updates of the fan translation are being posted? Last thread (well, 2 threads ago I guess) someone said that NeoGaf discussion about it wasn't being updated because the thread was locked, is that true? I used to lurk there and now I don't know were to check for updates. Do the translators have a blog or something? I really want to play that game.
>>
Yeah I figure it was deleted over the same thing. I'm fine with avoiding comparison to said title if everyone else is.

I also haven't played the game, I don't know much about it. I'd like to, though. Can it be played relatively well with simple Japanese knowledge?
>>
God forbid anything come up in a discussion about retro games other than retro games. It was actually a somewhat interesting discussion about morality in video games. Try having that discussion in /v/ without it devolving into people calling each other faggots and Jews.
>>
>>2822579
Fuck off. /vr/ is not "/v/ but for actually talking about video games"
>>
Is there any progress on the translation?

>>2822579
>God forbid anything come up in a discussion about retro games other than retro games
>On the retro video game board
>Where the point of the thread was to bait people into talking about a non-retro game in the first place
Yeah, nah, fuck off.
>>
>>2822664

Sorry guys, didn't mean to distract you from your very important retro boners thread

Honestly I wish they had put the deleted thread in /trash/
>>
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=871910

looks like it's getting closer to completion. never heard about this game before but it looks really interesting. Hope the translation gets finished soon!
>>
File: goto6.png (372 KB, 640x512) Image search: [Google]
goto6.png
372 KB, 640x512
Seriously?

Look guys, I don't care about either Undertale (I have not played it yet) and about denouncing stupid fanbases, but if I ask a question in a thread about a completely /vr/ game and that thread gets derailed and deleted for whatever reason, don't you think there's something you're doing wrong? I don't think it got deleted for not being retro. Moon is retro. Earthbound is retro. Wasn't it because it was blatant flamebait? Was the discussion really that meaningful and not the same shit-flinging and retarded name-calling seen in other boards?

>>2822574
I must have missed the part when the discussion got interesting, because all I remember was people telling each other they didn't have friends and arguing about bullet hells. And no, nobody said nigger or jew but someone was like "HAHA GO BACK TO YOUR SAFE SPACE" and I'm surprised they didn't answer him to go back to /pol/.

>>2822574
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=871910
Check this out, this thread has been my main source of information for this game and its fan translation for a couple months. GhaleonQ also did a lengthy write up about it, but I haven't read it because I'm afraid It'll spoil the game. However, HardcoreGaming101 has a pretty informative article about Moon and Lovedelic as a whole, check it out if you're interested. I also recommend the one they did on Chulip. It's one of my favorite reviews of that site, they really nail what makes that game so compelling while still acknowledging its numerous flaws, and it comes with two interviews. One of their best articles for sure.

>Can it be played relatively well with simple Japanese knowledge?
I'm afraid not... UFO and Lack of Love, the other two Lovedelic games, have very little text and I've been told they can be still enjoyed knowing very little Japanese, but unfortunately Moon is the only text-heavy game they did. Bummer.
>>
so is this an adventure game or is it an RPG?
>>
>>2822579
Yeah Nah you're a cunt. /vr/ is for discussing retro video games, wanna discuss regular video games? go to /v/.
>>
>>2822579
Shut up, you wetback camel-jockey faggy spook-Jew. You want that sort of thread, go to >>>/vg/
Otherwise, >>>/int/>>>/o/ >>>/t/>>>/h/>>>/e/ >>>/trash/ >>>/i/>>>/t/ >>>/g/>>>/o/>>>/e/>>>/s/.

>>2824718
From what I gathered, It seems kinda like Nintendo's Animal series (Forest, Crossing etc) with a set story and RPG elements.
Having not played the game and being incapable of reading Japanese (or ever even learning to read it, for that matter), this is only a guess, so apologies if I'm far from the mark.
>>
File: chulip_01[1].jpg (146 KB, 600x425) Image search: [Google]
chulip_01[1].jpg
146 KB, 600x425
>>2823027
It was definitely an anti-Undertale bait thread from the OP and it should have been deleted much faster. I'm hoping that the steadily increasing interest in Moon Remix will help spur the coders to get their polishing done.
>>
>>2824925
>complains about others throwing tantrums
>has three in the same thread
Pot. Kettle. Black. You know the drill.
>>
File: 1423050889748.jpg (53 KB, 300x562) Image search: [Google]
1423050889748.jpg
53 KB, 300x562
This thread needs chemo badly.
>>
>>2825037

That's right, an argument is the same as a tantrum. Of course. I guess that's why nobody has been able to refute anything I said, right? You can whine and cry and throw out all the insults you want, I'm still the one trying to discuss this like an adult and you're still the ones pissing your pants and doing everything you can to avoid countering my points. Pretty funny how you call other people kiddies and tell them to go back to /v/ eh?
>>
>>2824946

Was it? Well, I guess you're right, you'd never have a discussion of that depth about older games because they're just tests of hand eye coordination for children. My bad, sorry.
>>
>>2825075
>getting passive aggressive then flipping your shit when someone points out how dumb you are is 'arguing' and is not 'throwing a tantrum'
Please, angrily tell me more about how totally not angry you are.
>>
File: 1434550694427.png (303 KB, 640x476) Image search: [Google]
1434550694427.png
303 KB, 640x476
And here I thought there was some actual discussion going on.
>>
>>2825110

So nobody can argue with what I said then? You can keep implying things about me and trying to attack my character if you want though. You're only exposing yourselves as the irrational children that you really are. Keep on proving me right and making yourself look worse.
>>
File: 1419092356419-3.gif (107 KB, 227x199) Image search: [Google]
1419092356419-3.gif
107 KB, 227x199
>>2825126
>>
>>2824914
dude he blew you the fuck out retard. He was making a point on how people sperg out whenever something not retro or whatever is posted and you sperged the fuck out hardcore. You're too autistic to know the point of the first guys post so you sperg out and call it damage control. Get fucked you little retard
>>
>>2825129
dude you're 100% right and the little bitch accusing you of having a tantrum is having a mental breakdown screaming NOT RETRO in 100s of threads.
>>
I like the music in the game https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sgkU0OgWYWw&list=PLD406E4096CE7E5F5&index=22
>>
File: 23826406_m.png (584 KB, 542x600) Image search: [Google]
23826406_m.png
584 KB, 542x600
>>2824946
Is there really an increase in interest in Moon? Where have you noticed this? Either way, I'm really glad, but I don't think that would make the coder's job be over any faster. These things take time, but I still hope they finish it soon. Also, as frustrating as it could get, I loved Chulip. Some of the characters really got to me; I particularly enjoyed the stories of Batayan and Mika, they made me very emotional. I also loved the humor and setting. With some polish, less frustration and a better (and earlier) localization, I think this game would have gotten a much better response than it did.

So, a question to all of you: why are you interested in Moon? How do you know abut it? Some of you obviously know about it or are interested in it, and judging to some of the responses to the previous thread, I'd say some of the anons that posted there had even played it and/or UFO and Lack of Love. I know of it because I looked up the creators of Chibi-Robo and Chulip.
>>
File: Protagonists-zilloll.jpg (189 KB, 951x749) Image search: [Google]
Protagonists-zilloll.jpg
189 KB, 951x749
>>2825132
Don't do it man, it's already hard to read at the posts in this thread.

Well now, let's try to put this thread back on its rails mmmkay?

What do you think about the choice of metanarrative and narrative and world building opposed to the standard battle driven RPG system?

Given that Moon has the fame of building a complex web of interactions I'll dare bring up another game that works in a similar way but it has also a classic battle system.

Zill O'll from Koei, which got a remake for PS2 and a PSP port of said remake, is a really neat game which features hundreds of scripted events and a huge cast of characters.
While the battle system is kinda neat but ends up not being much of a deal due to certain balance problems, I can say that the raw role playing is probably the best of its time for its genre together with a few other titles.
A very good thing is how you're free to roam around and modify the world development and interaction by choosing your partners and events, which can also lead to said character death or the death of other playable characters or NPCs or both and of course romantic relationships, it has multiple beginnings and endings for a really high replay value and the whole game system is highly customizable and offers an unusual amount of freedom.

If you're familiar with Koei's Uncharted Waters the game wll probably feel a lot like it in terms of progression, though it's more focused on character interaction, roleplaying and battles rather micromanagement.
>>
>>2825126
>up to this point, there were 12 unique posters ITT
>>2825132
>up to this point, there were 13 unique posters ITT
>>2825192
>up to this point, there were still only 13 unique posters ITT

>tantrum-having babyman samefagging as >>2825171 and >>2825164 this hard

And now >>2825202 makes 14 unique posters and my post 15, so it sounds like someone's butthurt that no one wants to talk about Super Mario Sunshine and Super Princess Peach with him.
>>
File: 1423676576547.gif (2 MB, 230x172) Image search: [Google]
1423676576547.gif
2 MB, 230x172
>>2825206
>>
>>2825206
These are both me not the guy you were arguing with.
>>2825164
>>2825171
The guy that was trying to make a point to you about how the worst part of this board is spergout posters because most content is actually fine so the sperging is unnecessary. So what do you do? You go and dig through the entire fucking catalog just to prove his point then you try and call him a tantrum having babyman. You're the stupidest mother fuck on the planet and wouldn't be surprised if you're like some 18 year old retro hipster faggot.
>>
>>2825210
>i don't understand how post counting works!!!
k
>>
File: 34543802_p1.jpg (40 KB, 310x438) Image search: [Google]
34543802_p1.jpg
40 KB, 310x438
>>2825202
>What do you think about the choice of metanarrative and narrative and world building opposed to the standard battle driven RPG system?
I wish more games focused on it, world building is my favorite thing about videogames. I can forgive many frustrations or hiccups if the game has an original concept and implements it coherently through the world and dialogue it creates. This is why I liked Chulip and Chibi-Robo so much, but instead of other RPGs with battle systems and such they remind me of the legend of Zelda and graphical adventures. I'm going to sound really corny, but I love how the games developed by Lovedelic and their predecessors are all about love, doing good deeds and helping people. Arguably, even Tingle is all about it. Loved that game.

>>2825173
I do as well. I'm also very curious to see how it's implemented in-game, I've read it's not conventional at all.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tt-npLWaUUE
>>
>>2825217
you obviously don't because >>2825164 was the first post I made. You just can't fathom how people don't mind the occasional offtopic post and its actually the spergposters such as yourself that are the worst
>>
File: bleowntehfukoot.png (322 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
bleowntehfukoot.png
322 KB, 1920x1080
see, btfo retard
>>
>>2825232
That literally proves nothing. You know that, right? Because you didn't screen cap any of the other relevant posts. I'll wait for you to shop some (You)s into your next screen cap, though, because I'm nice.

>>2825225
Can you recommend some world building games with a morality-driven story, if there are any? Moon is the only one I know of and I am incapable of reading Japanese.
>>
File: 1422112485392.gif (2 MB, 224x255) Image search: [Google]
1422112485392.gif
2 MB, 224x255
>>2825243

If you think anybody outside of maybe /b/ has got time to 'shop posts for random arguments of the week you really _are_ off your goddamn rocker. Now look at this cute animal and calm the fuck down.
>>
>>2822557
Every time I see that image I keep thinking of SMRPG.
>>
File: moonart.jpg (251 KB, 389x504) Image search: [Google]
moonart.jpg
251 KB, 389x504
>>2825243
Unfortunately, I can't. Still, most of what I said comes of years of being fascinated at how morality works in both Megaman Legends and how your action affect the world you're in. I also love how it's not even a main mechanic or even something necessary, just something you can do. It's great. I've talked about this with a friend before and he told me I'd love Steambot Chronicles, so I got it, but I have yet to play it.

I guess that wasn't much of a response, but the fact I'm looking into Lovedelic is because I'm really interested in this kind of game and I'm still looking into it. I can't read Japanese either, so let's bot hope that this translation effort goes well.
>>
>>2825278
At least you can learn to read Japanese, if you tried. I am literally unable. I have logographic dyslexia.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Logogram#Differences_in_processing_of_logographic_and_phonologic_languages
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Orthographies_and_dyslexia#Dyslexia_in_logographic_orthographies

It's kind of ironic, but I'm a linguist/cognitive scientist. A dyslexic linguist. Yeah.

Anyway, I'll look into this Steamboat Chronicles thing, thanks.
Also, I was very exciting when I first heard of Fable such a long, long time ago. Having never played it, however, I grew disenfranchised when I'd heard that its morality/choice system was nowhere near as in depth as I'd originally imagined.

>In the unlikely event that you'd care, a book that deals with hemispheric lateralisation and its effect on reading/language processing and art is called The Alphabet Versus The Goddess and is written without much use of jargon.
>>
File: endonesia_wall_2.jpg (135 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
endonesia_wall_2.jpg
135 KB, 1024x768
>>2825257
Funny you should mention that: the art designer is the same for both games.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kazuyuki_Kurashima

He's also worked on most Lovedelic related games and Live-a-Live. I don't know if it's due to him, but both Endonesia and Moon have that "clay" prerendered thing going on Super Mario RPG had. Also, I seem to recall Moon was developed by Square remnants, with people who had worked on Live-a-Live or Chrono Trigger, and Kimura, who had worked on Sa-Ga, I believe. This is a very interesting game.

>>2825318
Sorry to read that, anon. All the better for you then, there's some people meaning to translate this game into English. And since studying that gives you a chance to research and better understand dyslexia, I see nothing ironic about it. It even seems natural. I studied Japanese for a couple of years, but got discouraged by personal life matters. I've been meaning to take it up on my own again. I see I should not take anything for granted...
>>
>>2825331
I wanna say I'm surprised, but really, I vaguely suspected there was some sort of connection between the two games. Even from a cursory glance, this seems like the type of game that would consist of a peculiar mash up of creators.
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 15

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.