[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do I open this goddamn door?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 6
File: Twinbee.png (45 KB, 511x448) Image search: [Google]
Twinbee.png
45 KB, 511x448
How do I open this goddamn door?
>>
>>2822173

buy it a drink first?
>>
>>2822215
dad?
>>
File: 80sdan.jpg (12 KB, 323x305) Image search: [Google]
80sdan.jpg
12 KB, 323x305
>>2822215
>>
>>2822215
You have to pay the cover charge.
>>
It looks like you need a key. Why do you go look for one instead of posting garbage here?
>>
File: Twinbee.png (42 KB, 515x448) Image search: [Google]
Twinbee.png
42 KB, 515x448
Seriously how the fuck do I open these doors?
>>
File: 1446640140513.png (234 KB, 500x372) Image search: [Google]
1446640140513.png
234 KB, 500x372
>>2822215
>>
>>2822173

Is this game really good or just an average platformer?
>>
>>2822173
You need the key from the Swamp Loader
>>
>>2824453
play the jap rom, the text is pretty useless anyway
>>
>rainbow bell adventures

Someone else played this?
>>
>>2824478
It's good, european version is slow as balls though, stick to japanese.
>>
File: Twinbee.png (93 KB, 1030x447) Image search: [Google]
Twinbee.png
93 KB, 1030x447
>>2824453
OP here, it's okay. You should to play the (translated) Japanese ROM.

Gameplay is interesting, if a touch on the easy side. You can jump and boost fly when that bar at the top charges (sorta like Rocket Knight Adventures) and Punch, again gaining power when that bar at the top it filled up. There are three characters, one neutral, one that takes less time to boost but more to punch and vice-versa. When boosting or charged punching you can break blocks and some walls, accessing hidden areas. In each level there are bells, which as basically coins, except getting 100 restores 1 heart of health out of 3 (no lives, if you run you get a game over screen that you can just restart the level from) and the game only keeps your running total for a level (which it shows as x/max, even though collecting them appears to amount to nothing). Fairies are also hidden in levels - more on this later.

If you hold a direction your character starts running, very poor-mans Sonic-esque. You can also grab bells from enemies to get a run, a shield, shoes (which I yet have no idea what they do), shmup types options that appear to absorb one projectile from an enemy) and invincibility. You can pick up and throw stuff like a missile or a baseball that bounces around the screen.

Overworld wise, it's non-linear (at least the Japanese version is, again more on this later), levels have multiple exits and some levels have keys that open the doors hidden in them.

The reason why the Japanese version if superior, and not in a weeaboo way, is the English version completely guts the non-linearity, and because of this cuts the entire ending as well, which is based on how many fairies you find, which themselves are hidden in the levels, some behind doors that only open with keys you might find in later level, which the non-linearity completely fucks up.

Animal is pretty great and graphics are nice if a bit over-cute/pastel, but that's Twinbee. All in all I'd say it's a better than average.
>>
File: Mario.png (34 KB, 514x448) Image search: [Google]
Mario.png
34 KB, 514x448
>>2824478
Only reason I'm playing it is because I was reading the Twinbee article on Hardcore Gaming 101 and was reminded of it's existence and Carol uses some graphics/gameplay from it in Brutal Mario romhack and all her other borrowed graphics/gameplay have been pretty well-implemented and fun (Megaman, Kirby, Seiken Densetsu) so I wanted to see the source material for that section.
>>
>>2826071

Whoa nigga, I'm not reading all that shit. I'll give it a go though when my flashcart gets here.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.