[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Retro games that you feel doesn't get the love they deserve?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5
File: is.jpg (20 KB, 341x255) Image search: [Google]
is.jpg
20 KB, 341x255
I'll start. I think Sword of Vermilion for Genesis was an unreal time dump, very difficult, and cool fantasy RPG.

Septerra Core for pc? Me and a buddy loved it way back. Double pack with Shogun. Never meet anyone else who played it though. Unreal cyberpunk, fantasy, balls to wall crazy story RPG, extremely difficult without guide, neigh impossible really, worth it.

Still play these on emulator sometimes.
>>
File: image.jpg (43 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
43 KB, 320x240
A classic platformer rarely mentioned
>>
What is it?

Graphics sort of remind me of EVO. That game where you were like a fish, then frog, dinosaur, mammal, then man.
>>
I tried playing Septerra Core numerous times and never could arse myself to get through it. Every time I give up because the game bugs me for some reason and I can't pinpoint what. The farthest I got was when I got that sword wielding fag...at least that I remember. It just lacked any charm what so ever.
>>
Lol nah, that game had plenty of charm. If you only got that far I don't think you get to make that judgement, Corgan is like 15 mins into a game that's like 4O hours.
>>
>>2818990
I played Septerra a lot. I stopped once, when you unlocked all areas and you had to backtrack for each character to get their best items.

Of course, I didn't use a guide because it was evident to me that rare quests were hidden in the style of the old final fantasy games. I just kept visiting areas where each character had an emotional attachment.

Also....

>I have...nothing to say!

Is forever branded in my mind.
>>
Prince of Persia 2, shadow & flame.

Got what first one missed, graphics, decent fights, good story, cliffhanger.
>>
>>2818991
The amount of contents is incredible. I always felt that what this game was only missing was a save system to make it more accessible.
>>
Septerra Core has a battle system that's slow as balls.
>>
File: 13760__full.jpg (83 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
13760__full.jpg
83 KB, 640x480
I liked the different endings this had to offer.
>>
I really like a lot about Septerra Core, but holy shit the battles are obnoxiously slow. And then some enemies starting giving themselves a temporary status effect that just makes them near-impossibly to hit, meaning you just have to wait for their status to go away.
>>
>>2818998
>not staying a reptile forever
>>
>>2818991
It has that disgusting eurojank look, that is such a put off.
>>
>>2819135
>graphics
To me PoP2 always looked worse, due to the outlines.

>cliffhanger
Why would you want that shit?
>>
File: url.jpg (44 KB, 256x245) Image search: [Google]
url.jpg
44 KB, 256x245
Fuck you, I liked it.
>>
>>2818991
What game?
>>
File: 120px-Kid1111.png (99 KB, 600x292) Image search: [Google]
120px-Kid1111.png
99 KB, 600x292
>>2823636
kid chameleon, hidden gem imo and a lot of fun if you can overlook the gaudy graphics
>>
>>2818990
I heard Darklands was good. Too much for me though, it took me a bit to learn how Daggerfall even worked.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.