[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Emulation General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 73
File: 1443561861588.jpg (99 KB, 1170x779) Image search: [Google]
1443561861588.jpg
99 KB, 1170x779
Ask Questions. Get Answers.

Thread 3 Cont. From >>2761376

>Last emulation thread hit the limit. Lot's of knowledge was shared. Let's keep it going.
>>
Repeating my question >>2817385
>>
Is the raspberry pi good for emulation? I hear a lot of hate for it but it's cheap and retropie is easy to set up and maintain. What's a good alternative?
>>
>>2819610
Rpi 2 is great. Plays SNES/PS1 and everything older than those perfectly, except for maybe some MAME stuff? I'm not familiar with how it handles mame. If you're looking for n64/ps2/psp/nds/ngc/wii emulation you may need to look towards using a more conventional computer, but if you're not RPI2 is perfect.

I use Lakka instead of Retropie, but they're both fine. Lakkas just easier for me to setup and configure perfectly cause I'm familiar with retroarch
>>
>>2819617
N64 is hit and miss. Some games work great while others are absolute unplayable shit.
>>
>>2819221
I know that rpi 2b can play metal slug 1 and 2 fine, unfortunately I dont have experience with anything past that
>>
File: Untitled.png (390 KB, 698x837) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
390 KB, 698x837
Don't know if you guys know yet, but there is a new raspberry pi that is 5$. 1ghz with 512mb ram.

What do you think that could handle emulation wise?
>>
>>2819610
Depends on the emulator, display you use, and of you're OK with framedropping/etc.

The tiny displays that attach over the GPIO pins are slow, use an inordinate amount of CPU, and completely bypass the GPU, so anything using that will probably be unacceptable. Screens thst use the GPU can be attached via RCA (analog), HDMI or the LCD header (i think lvds, but on my phone & don't feel like looking it up).

RCA is analog, and not crisp, but it does limit your resolution. That helps because lower res uses less CPU, but can be lower than the res of the original game.

Directly attached screens to the LCD header on the pi are rare and outrageously expensive (for what they are).

HDMI will want to use the native res of the screen, which will be unusable if it's trying to scale/render the game at 1080P. You can force the res, but at boot only IIRC. So you'll be modifying the resolution and rebooting for different games (or choosing one res and sticking with it).

That said, 8 bit home platforms should be fine.
>>
Also PS4 is supposedly going to add PS2 Software emulation.
>>
>>2819617
PS1 works on the pi2? I knew it was a massive improvement, but I'm kindof incredulous. Is there massive frame droping or quality reduction?
>>
>>2819636
My 2b plays at 1080p/60fps solid for most (read: almost all) games. Even PSX. It dips a bit occasionally on some SuperFX games though
>>
>>2819640
I haven't played many Playstation games for it, but the ones I have (crash 2, ff7, metal gear solid) rarely dip below 59/60, audio rarely crackles, and this is with no frame stepping AND 1080p. I spent about a day configuring everything and getting the perfect overclock/settings for the system (not even overvolting), but it works like a dream for me.

I don't know if everyone has this problem but my biggest problem with it is that there's noticeable input lag. I still have to confirm that it's not just the TV, but for everything I've tried it on (gonna try pc 5ms monitor ASAP to confirm again) there's a noticeable input lag that makes playing games like SMB3/SMW take a bit of adjustment and lose the "tightness" in the controls.

I'm at my parents house for thanksgiving but when I get back in a couple days I'll post my pi configuration settings
>>
>>2819636
I should add, that I was thinking of the original raspberry pi, not the pi2.

The same still holds (reboot required to change resolution, GPIO graphics slkw, analog not sharp)....but the pi2 is significantly more powerful, so yeah, maybe running everything at 1080p is fine now :)
>>
>>2819663
>I don't know if everyone has this problem but my biggest problem with it is that there's noticeable input lag.
What are you using for input? GPIO pins, USB controller, Bluetooth, keyboard, some DIY arduino controller?
>>
After I install Free McBoot on my PS2 can I just remove the duct tape blocking my sensor?

Will I still need to swap my games to play KoF 2003 NTSC-J?
>>
File: 29382983742.png (231 KB, 286x458) Image search: [Google]
29382983742.png
231 KB, 286x458
>>2819632
It's 40% faster than the original Pi B+ that could do up to the 16 bit systems. There's a problem however. Out of those two micro usb ports one belongs to a power supply. So you have only one usb port. The retroarch os and emulation station front end is run of the micro sd card and the games are generally put on a usb device for ease. You could go ahead and put everything on the sd card. The problem is you still have only one micro usb port. You'd need an usb "on the go" adapter to plug in regular size usb devices. You have only one usb port for a controller. This is ok for xbox 360 wireless controllers where you use 1 port to connect many. Regular corded usb controllers and you only have 1 port. You'll need to switch between the controller and the keyboard a lot during setup. This will be a nightmare. It's a mini hdmi port as well which is fine if your tv uses mini cables but still most don't. If it doesn't then that's another adapter. You'll have no internet access in this configuration as you'd need a usb wifi dongle for this and all your ports are tied up. This will have you constantly swapping the micro sd card back and forth btw a rooted linux machine and the pi to make configuration changes you'd make over the network otherwise. The other Pi's have 4 usb ports as opposed to one so none of this is ever a problem. It also has an actual ethernet cable.

>Long story short it will do 16 bit but is not worth the effort and won't give you the flexibility of the Pi2 or Pi B+ board. Just go with the Pi2. You'll know it does the PSX catalog nicely and some of the N64. Add up all the adapters and powered USB hub (that will likely work like shit) and you've spent more time and money building the Pi zero than you would have just buying the Pi2 to begin with. The Pi2 6 times faster than the original Pi B+ while this is only listed as 40% faster. The Pi Zero is a neat board that has purpose. Just not as a retro gaming platform imho.
>>
>>2819714
Thanks!
>>
>>2819705
iBuffalo, xb360 USB
>>
>>2819714
who is this semen demon
>>
>>2819628
Thanks, I've never played Metal Slug and want to play the series, so that's good to hear.
I'd like to know if anyone's played things like Samurai Shodown V or KoF 2003 well on it.
>>
>>2819640
It works great. Just use the Pi2 overclock settings in retropie. They don't void the warranty and make everything psx run smooth as butter.
>>
>>2819714
DEMON OF THE SEMEN, I SUMMON THY NAME!
>>
>>2819752

I deduce you're from someplace where it's summer.....
>>
>>2819743
PSX games lagged a bit for me but as soon as I installed the PSX BIOS everything ran silky smooth 60fps, no overclocking needed.
I'm using Lakka.
>>
Anyone know of a list or can just say what n64 games run well on rpi2?
>>
>>2819865
I deduce you have no idea who that is
>>
Could anyone point me to a decent guide to setting up FS-UAE on linux? I got the floppy image of Cool Coyote almost working, but I really want to get the CD32 version going, but am only able to get the bios to run.
Should I just us WinUAE under WINE?
I finally had to use Magic Engine under WINE because the linux native emus for TG16 are useless.

I'd appreciate any help you can offer, my dudes.
>>
>emulating SNES
>game has button prompt
>using xbox controller
>same buttons, different layout A is B, X is Y
this hurt my autism
>>
>>2820054
get an eleven dollar bufallo snes pad. You honestly can't emulate sidescrollers with that shitty dpad on the 360 controller.
>>
>>2819871
I just went ahead and overclocked it day one before I ever tested it desu. PS1 games run so well I porbably didn't need to for those. I'm getting about 50-60% success with N64 games. None of the titles I want like OOT, Golden Eye, or DKC though :( Finally got Majora's Mask working after some extensive configuration because of it's missing rumble pak or something.
>>
>>2820084
I disagree
>>
>>2820054
>>2820084
If you have a SNES controller lying around you could buy a USB adapter for it, that's what I do and it works perfectly
>>
File: 20397502375.jpg (75 KB, 438x594) Image search: [Google]
20397502375.jpg
75 KB, 438x594
>>2820098
ok then. :) to each their own.
>>2820143
Got two shitty adapters and just gave up on it. Which one worked for? 1 was from Alibaba and the other was from ebay. (perhaps that's my problem idk.) Both had game killing delay. I'm a collector as well and wouldn't mind using my originals. Hook it up with a link. Adapters are pretty cheap and I wouldn't mind giving another one a chance to use original hardware when I emulate.

>Rambling on b/c post thanksgiving drunk.
>>
>>2819610
yes
>>2819636
I barely drop any frames. Fighting games on PS1 even play great. You could try an odroid if you want an alternative. It's slightly more expensive. The youtube videos I've seen tend to compare an unclocked Pi2 to an Odroid. My pi2 runs smoother than the odroids in the vids. Retropie has built in overclock settings that don't void the warranty on the pi2. Either way you go use a "class 10" sd card. Many kits come with a garbage one. It's cheaper and better to just buy the card yourself and not use the junk they try to upsell you on in a bundle. Samsung evo sd's are the cheapest I've seen on amazon and work great.
>>
>>2820162
just an opinion dude, no need to make passive agresive smiley faces and shit
>>
>>2820178
kek
>>
>>2820084
I use the analog stick

>inb4 using the analog stick for retro vidya is wrong
fug off it works for arcade machines
>>
File: 0294502935209385.jpg (13 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
0294502935209385.jpg
13 KB, 640x360
>>2820278
Little sticks versus big sticks. The chicks aren't wrong.
>>
Is there anyway i can get DraStic DS emulator on android for free?

I need a DS emulator on my mobile
>>
>>2820278
>fug off it works for arcade machines
Well. There were a few that used them.

The issue with emulator control setups, is what cabinets you plan on emulating.

An analog stick for an old fighter or sidescoller would be sacrilege. For a flight sim, absolute necessity.
>>
>>2820278
You've never used an arcade cabinet, have you?
/VERY/ few arcade cabinets used analog joysticks. The only ones that come to mind are Monkey Ball, and a few Naomi games.

The levers you find in 99% of arcade cabinets are four switches mounted on UDLR. So no, they aren't analog sticks by any stretch of the imagination.
>>
HEY! Whoever the anon was in the PC hardware/PC emulation thread that just fell off the board who was asking about getting Epic Pinball to work, I have a solution for you.

>>2816198
>Epic Pinball
It works just fine for me under D-Fend Reloaded/DOSbox 0.74. The settings used are Emu core normal, cpu type auto, cycles 3000, 16MB Memory, XMS, EMS, UMB, vesa_oldvbe(VESA 1.2 compatible S3 SuperVGA Card). Much higher specs than the old 486 I played it on back then, but it works flawlessly. If your copy doesn't work, try googling "epic pinball" and downloading the second result. If DOSbox doesn't work directly for some odd reason, try getting D-Fend Reloaded and using the wizard, pointing the program to pinball.exe and setup.exe.
>>
>>2819636
LVDS is what most laptops use. There are tons of cheap laptop displays that you could use with an rPi.
>>
>>2819663

Many emulators sync to the audio. Try disabling audio syncing. You'll have more audio crackling but it should have no latency.
>>
>>2820480
>LVDS is what most laptops use. There are tons of cheap laptop displays that you could use with an rPi.
On an actual computer now, so could look it up. Yeah, that's the problem. The rPi uses a DSI (Display Serial Interface) port, and not LVDS. which is why it took forever to get a real display to hook up to that port.

I think some of the weirder/knockoff boards like the bannana pi (2?) and orange-pi-mini use LVDS.
>>
>>2820302
Anyone??
>>
>>2820302
yes
>>
>>2821186
How? Where?
>>
>>2820054
You get used to it.
>>
>>2821258
>You get used to it.
Or blow money on a 'correct' controller for each platform.

Waste IMO, but if it bugged me, eh, I'd blow the extra $10-$30 on the right controllers.
>>
I was super excited about my Pi2 and playing SNES/Genesis co-op with friends.

But several times now the system will lock up, screen goes black, and the contents of the card get wiped. I'm afraid to start an actual game on it now and don't know where the problem could be between the power, the card, or the pi itself.
>>
>>2821889
I'd guess your card tbqh
>>
>>2820327
All i can think of are Tron, and Afterburner. And a few used analog spinners (Tempest?).
>>
Why does emu general always use the same picture for the OP? I think someone's in love with the Raspberry Pi.
>>
>>2822026

>Afterburner

Yep, a bunch of the Sega Super Scaler games used an analog stick. Space Harrier is the only other one I can think of off the top of my head but I'm sure there's more.

Many racing games also used analog input - a joystick sure isn't canon but gives far better results than tapping a D-pad.

You're right that the vast majority of games used clicky UDLR sticks held in the palm, which is way different from a small analog stick manipulated with the thumb.

>>2820278
You're totally free to play your games how you like though. Just the way you phrased it made us all go ACSHUALLY
>>
File: poleposoptics.jpg (41 KB, 426x317) Image search: [Google]
poleposoptics.jpg
41 KB, 426x317
>>2822236
>Many racing games also used analog input - a joystick sure isn't canon but gives far better results than tapping a D-pad.

Optical encoder unit, or sometimes a 270° potentiometer for racing games.

All of the free turning wheels are optical: pic related, from Pole Position. I don't know if I'd call it actually analog. It basically is emitting a stream digital signals like: turned left one step turned left one step, turned rigth one step, turn left one step.... Kindof cool when you hook it up to a scope.

Spy hunter and maybe outrun were 270° I think. Those are def analog.
>>
>>2822506

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5qheWA3NvH0

I only felt I needed to post this video because it is actually cool
>>
>>2822521
Wait, can you post that on a blue background board? I think I got a stiffy....

I want to build a driving MAME cabinet so bad.
>>
File: MushroomKingdom.jpg (487 KB, 1799x1199) Image search: [Google]
MushroomKingdom.jpg
487 KB, 1799x1199
Is it possible to get exclusive fullscreen on bsnes 0.73, or at least borderless? I can't see any options for either.
>>
File: 1448613174645.jpg (44 KB, 640x616) Image search: [Google]
1448613174645.jpg
44 KB, 640x616
>>2822521
Very nice. Seems like the perfect next project for me.
>>
>>2819663
>>2819743
>>2820086
>>2820176
How dangerous is overclocking the pi? Is it even necessary?
>>
File: 1448340692203.jpg (138 KB, 500x661) Image search: [Google]
1448340692203.jpg
138 KB, 500x661
>>2823567
Not dangerous at all. Most distributions have built in over clock settings that don't void the warranty. In retropie you just set it to the Pi2 option during the setup. I don't really no if it's necessary. It was just part of the guide I followed and it runs great. The biggest mistake people make setting them up is not using a class 10 sd card (samsung evo cards are cheap and work great).
>>
>>2823575
*know not no obviously. typo.
>>
>>2823575
I have a class 10 SD, so I should be good. Thanks mang.
>>
>>2823575
Oh, >>2823604 here again, by the way is it possible to use an external HD to store my roms? Even with the largest SD cards there isn't much room, I'd rather use one of my HDs for this purpose.
>>
File: 0293850293852098.jpg (136 KB, 640x852) Image search: [Google]
0293850293852098.jpg
136 KB, 640x852
>>2823607
Yes. There's some specific command that lets you do it. You should never store your games on the sd card. It makes it a larger and more pain of an ass file to back up. (which you really want to do. Instead of having to configure everything again you can be up and running in 20 minutes if your sd card craps out.) I currently keep all my roms on a large flashdrive plugged into it. Ideally you'll want a drive with an external power source. Some newer dirves without one work fine but some of the older ones don't do so great.
>>
>>2823623
I googled "retropie external hd" and found out how to do it, you just have to change the path in the config file.

Thanks once again. Cool pics btw
>>
>>2823643
This is the guy that did them. He has a ton of great woodblock stuff.

http://jedart.blogspot.c*m/
>>
>>2823718
They thought I was trying to spam. Obviously not an asterisk.
>>
Try bsnes classic. It's a fork of bsnes that incorporates all the latest improvements to the core from byuu, but using the older pre-higan interface without the ROM folder silliness. Much better SGB emulation, too.

Not sure if it has the option you're looking for, though.
>>
>>2823723
Oops, meant to quote >>2822657
>>
Hey OP why do you always use Raspberry Pi as the image for the emulation thread ? Are you trying to force a meme you fucking shill ?
>>
File: 0928370273.jpg (305 KB, 1005x1347) Image search: [Google]
0928370273.jpg
305 KB, 1005x1347
>>2823784
Before I started using it there were many Pi exclusive threads on /vr/. It falls under general emulation. I personally emulate on linux laptop, my work pc, my nvidia shield, and my raspberry pi 2. I may be switching jobs soon so a mac may come into the mix. I use the image simply b/c I was sick of all the "pi exclusive" threads. Doing so has put an end to them for the time being. I'll tell you what. I won't use it in the next thread. I'll use a pic of a built desktop. If no "pi exclusive" threads pop up I'll be surprised. BTW you can't exactly "shill" a non-profit like raspberry pi. I'm not making any money by using the pic. I'll go ahead and "shill" a built pc next thread just for you. The Pi2 is a neat bit of kit. Say what you will about it. You won't offend me :) I welcome both opinions and knowledge.

>Sorry for doing you a favor.
>>
>>2823784
Even though your image is kinda retarded I do agree, there seems to be a guy here who posts the same OP image every time. Which is strange because there's a hundred different things you could choose from, you know, like a screenshot of an emulator or something. But instead we always get the Pi image as if it's the only device you can emulate on. You could also just emulate on PC.
>>
File: 1448480493473.png (162 KB, 313x313) Image search: [Google]
1448480493473.png
162 KB, 313x313
>>2824119
As I've said. In response to this.
>>2823784
You'll get a new image next thread.

>Don't go blaming me when a pi exclusive thread pops up. Just watch.
>>
>>2824145
see>>2824085
>>
>>2823784
1. only one of the pros is viable on /vr/
2. linux takes half a second to put on pi
3. "shill" is a meme
>>
>>2824238
Enjoy the arguments that will come. Some people will defend their hoarder nonsense to the end. It doesn't matter how or what you emulate on.
>>
>>2824257
the arguments are what i live for. also i collect games too, way more than emulate. but i do emulate some stuff, just whatever i'm in the mood for. sometimes i want to play SMB3 on the Wii laying on my couch, sometimes i want to play it on the computer, sometimes i want to sit in my room and hook up the NES. we live in a world where people create dichotomies and love to pick sides
>>
>>2823567
>How dangerous is overclocking the pi? Is it even necessary?
If it has airflow, and or a heatsink, not dangerous at all. Also, not necessary with the rpi2 usually.
>>
>>2824257
>It doesn't matter how or what you emulate on.
As long as it runs well enough for you to enjoy it.
>>
File: image.jpg (23 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
23 KB, 400x300
Can the DS lite emulate the SNES really well? I have one laying around and thought I could buy a flash cart or something.

I can only find mixed answers on Google.
>>
>>2824917
In most cases you'll be okay emulating simpler games, but complex stuff (custom chips and bigger games) will be really dissapointing and unplayable.

You are better off with other console.
>>
Guys, I've been wanting to get a Raspberry Phy to turn my CRT into a "smart tv" including emulation (I mostly use a wii, but moving the cables and controllers can be tiresome when I just want to chill and play) but I've read a lot and as far as I remember there was a Phy that included a wifi module on board.

Which model should I get for emulation?

How can I connect my Phy to a CRT? (no hdmi).
>>
>>2824917
If you get a DSTWO flashcart it should emulate it pretty well,
>>
>>2824928
>>2824935
Thanks guys.
>>
>>2824917
Even if it did emulate them well, which it doesn't even with a dstwo, the screen isn't high res enough to display the games correctly
>>
>>2819221
Pi2B running retropie on medium overclock. I haven't tested as much as I'd like to when it comes to arcade games, but I can tell you that SFIII runs flawlessly for my setup.
>>
>>2821889
It sounds like a bad card. Go down the compatibility list. Get a good class ten that's verified to work. Use latest retropie. Be careful when you overclock.
>>
>>2819640
You only get slowdown from the end-of-life, graphics intensive games. Other than that, you're gold.
>>
>>2824932
The headphone looking jack on the side does composite out. You just need to buy the cable that does it.
>>
>>2819640
I've never had an issue with any PS1 game I've played.
>>
I tried playing Mario Party 1 with netplay with Project 64 and the ADZ plug-in. Even with the same save file, we ended up getting desynced. Any other approaches? I'm willing to change emulators, too.
>>
I have a PSP Go, w/ CFW
I also have a fresh, un-updated, un-modded Vita
I want Suikoden 1 & 2 on the same device
Suiko1 is downloadable, but Suiko2, while purchasable, cannot be copied to a PSP
I would like them on my Vita, in case PS2 emulation ever takes off & Suiko3 is playable on a handheld
What to do?
>>
How is the Pi 2 for DOS emulation?

Specifically I'm hoping to play the original Jagged Alliance and other early-to-mid 90s DOS games.
>>
>>2824917
>>2825036
Honestly if you want it to emulate "really well" the answer is a resounding no. Try a New 3DS.
>>
File: screenshot1.png (921 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
screenshot1.png
921 KB, 1920x1080
This took some trickery, but now I've got direct shortcuts to games that will launch in RetroArch from Steam. Looks beautiful in Big Picture mode.
>>
File: 306_front.jpg (62 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
306_front.jpg
62 KB, 640x640
How do I get FMVs to run smoothly on PS1 emulators. Currently using Xebra and ePSXe and the video stutters. I've heard the ISOs on emuparadise are bad and since I got most of my ISOs from there this might be the problem.
>>
File: hkt7300shots.jpg (24 KB, 350x263) Image search: [Google]
hkt7300shots.jpg
24 KB, 350x263
Alright, so my question isn't exclusively emulation related, but I can't seem to get any burned Dreamcast games to work on my DC, including emulators and DC games. Is there a specific way to get them to work?
>>
>>2826438
I don't know where you heard the isos on emuparadise were bad but I've never had any problem with them.
>>
>>2827008
have you checked if your dreamcast is a model one dreamcast?
>>
>>2827094
Yes, it is, it's also 3020, which should play them according to everything I've read.
>>
>>2827105
have you burned them correctly?
perhaps it is bad media?
>>
>>2819714
CUM DEVIL
WHO
>>
>>2827128
I don't know, that's partially what I'm asking.
>>
>>2827149
>>2827128

I tried burning Volgarr The Viking CDI to a CD-R five times at different write speeds and no luck.
>>
>>2824917
I tried but I couldn't get it working, most games are slow and street fighter 2 is buggy as fuck for me, there might be a way but I doubt it
>>
File: 027520975.jpg (2 MB, 2736x3648) Image search: [Google]
027520975.jpg
2 MB, 2736x3648
>>2819731
>>2819752
>>2827134
Wouldn't you like to know :)
>>
Am I missing out on a lot of features/quality of emulation if I use ePSXe over mednafn?
Also should I play Legend of the Dragoon or Valkyrie Profile next?
>>
File: hd4350_2.png (243 KB, 590x300) Image search: [Google]
hd4350_2.png
243 KB, 590x300
My dad gave me an old hp box and I was thinking of using it as an emulation station hooked up to a crt. The videocard is a radeon hd 4350 with dvi/vga/hdmi outputs. I noticed that versions of this card from different manufacturers have s-video out, which is what I want to connect to my TV. Does this mean my card is capable of a TV out signal? Would getting a passive vga to s-video like this one (http://www.amazon.com/S-video-Converter-Adapter-Cable-Laptop/dp/B000P3UB24) allow my to connect the PC to my TV?
>>
>>2827756
ewww.
>>
>>2827740
>VGA historically has a pretty severe problem of ghosting, so I'm skeptical
>>
File: 23098203723702039.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
23098203723702039.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
>>2827775
Not relevant to the discussion but neat piece of old kit from the 60's
>>
>>2827775
>>2827786
It's a simple resistive attenuator.
>>
>>2826169
I've had that basically for awhile, but how do you get them tagged?

I ended up making shortcuts for whatever individual game I want, then adding it to my list in desktop mode.

I could see making a python script to make the shortcuts for me to reduce work a little bit...
>>
>>2827786
>>2827791
ooooo. Have any experience with it?
>>
File: 029435209385.jpg (66 KB, 847x475) Image search: [Google]
029435209385.jpg
66 KB, 847x475
>>2827815
Not personally. There's one in the attic at my parents house though. Been meaning to grab it next time I visit and see what it does to the pic on my collection (yes I collect and emulate). Keep forgetting though. It would be hella simple to hook up coaxial cable to that thing.
>>
>>2827815
it attenuates (reduces) the signal in general. If you dial this down a little bit, it'll be enough to kill a signal that's ghosting. Like if you're on a the edge of two stations broadcasting the same channel, you will get both signals, so turn it down a little bit, and you'll just get one, whichever is stronger.

It's better paired with a directional and motorized antenna because you could point it at one signal or another too.
>>
Did anybody ever make a guide for epsxe filters? The stock scanline filter looks awful.
>>
>>2827897
idk start here maybe
>http://www.racketboy.com/retro/sony/ps1/enhance-ps1-graphics-with-the-best-epsxe-plugin-settings
>>
File: soul reaver.jpg (36 KB, 383x500) Image search: [Google]
soul reaver.jpg
36 KB, 383x500
>>2827061
Me neither, but someone said they were bad and my FMVs aren't working properly.
>>
>>2828140
Epic game, man
>>
>>2828140
Give pcsx a shot. I've been using the emulator through retroarch and never had any problems.
>>
Anyone know where to download some decent filters that play nice with retroarch? Specifically ARM devices like the Pi2.
>>
What handheld plus card should I get to be able to emulate pre N64 Nintendo, Sega and other classic consoles?

Thanks.
>>
>>2827231
I'm not an expert on the subject by any means but I recall years ago that in order to play burned discs on my DC I used a bootloader. I don't recall the software name but you put that cd in first, then it prompted you to enter the actual game.

I'm sure nowadays a more elegant means of playing has been found but if all else fails it should do the trick, sorry I couldn't be more specific.
>>
Does anyone know how to have different config files on Epsxe? I use the cuter to store different profiles but it always overrides my default plugins and settings, which is what I'm trying to avoid.

Failing that are there any ps1 emulators that are just nicer to use? I've tried psx_fin in the past and while it was simple, it was too bare bones. I'm really just looking for a happy medium.
>>
File: out.gif (1 MB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
out.gif
1 MB, 640x360
How are the Pandora's Box 3 and Pandora's Box 4 for NeoGeo and capcom CP1/CP2 games? Anyone here know from experience?

I'm tempted to get one, but I only know them from very limited, and very few, youtube reviews.
>>
>>2829437
Even the N3DS can play those games at full speed. I'd be very surprised if those could not.
>>
>>2827740
>radeon hd 4350

Don't bother if you're running linux. The performance is abysmal.
>>
>>2829160
Pi2 isn't running any filter that isn't bead or scan lines without horrible lag
>>
>>2829578
I've got some running smooth.
>>
File: sfa3.png (4 MB, 3360x2100) Image search: [Google]
sfa3.png
4 MB, 3360x2100
mmm feels sooo good
>>
>>2824928
This is wrong, even SMW runs badly. The flashcard with a built-in processor isn't much better, either.
>>
>>2827061
>>2828498
I've tried a romdepot ISO and those cutscenes run flawlessly.
>>
File: DonkeyKong64CoverArt.jpg (30 KB, 382x260) Image search: [Google]
DonkeyKong64CoverArt.jpg
30 KB, 382x260
Does anyone have a Donkey Kong 64 rom that will save naturally (without savestates)?

I'm using mupen64plus on linux, all my other games save fine.
>>
>>2824917

Get a flashcart anyways because they're like $10 these days.

Emu-wise don't expect too much out of 16-bit games (screen resolution too small) but it's worth it for DMG/GBC games alone.

Lameboy is great for DMG emulation as it includes a shades-of-green palette right out of the box, meaning I actually prefer it to my AGS-101. Also can play in stereo (without headphones), some of the pokemon games have some neat stereo effects going on.

There's also the obvious non-retro DS library to consider, can play translations like Arino's Challenge 2, excellent Prof. Layton series etc. Compatibility for mine isn't super great (probably about ~75% games I wanted to play worked) but that still leaves a lot if you're not dead set on particular titles.

I wouldn't bother with an expensive cart, just get a cheap one and a cheap 8Gb SD card (speed doesn't matter). Also a RAM expansion or 3-in-1 in the slot-2 can help with the more demanding emus.
>>
>>2831559
https://github.com/mupen64plus/mupen64plus-core/issues/118

Seems like there's a bug with saving while also using save states. Try deleting your save states for that game.
>>
>>2831580

Thanks for the reply, I haven't used any save states though. I may add to the github issue to let them know it might not be related to save states at all. Good link.

I did find some discussion on the Everdrive forums about Rare using anti-piracy measures. The other games mentioned were Banjo Tooie and Jet Force Gemini so I'll go download them and see if they have the same issues.
>>
>>2831585
You could also try RetroArch. It uses a heavily modified Mupen64Plus core, and IMO it is superior to the standalone version. Maybe you won't get that glitch there?
>>
>>2831585

Banjo Tooie and Jet Force Gemini save just fine, issue appears confined to Donkey Kong 64. Testing it out now on another computer to see if I can reproduce the issue.

How is the retroarch core doing these days? I got kind of turned off when I tried it a few weeks ago and it would core dump on launch every time. I found a few other people having the same issue, seems like a case of poor test coverage.

Also:

> wtf is it with Rare and unskippable intros? Holy shit
>>
What are the best games for android except RPGs ?
>>
>>2831616

>mupen64plus core in retroarch

Controls are literal garbage and it looks like puke. It does save though.

I might upload a webm once I figure out the transcoding, every character is constantly glitching out and flailing their limbs like spooky Fallout 3 boogeymen. As for the controls, standalone mupen64plus recognizes my mayflash adapter + OEM controller right out of the box whereas the retroarch core seems to be set up for people trying to use a DS3/Xbox 360 pad (puke) and doesn't work with keyboard controls or my n64 pad until I edit. after that It won't save my control changes on reboot.

I don't really understand how porting it to retroarch introduces all these problems, but whatever I guess. "It's free software, fix it yourself"
>>
>>2831653

I guess I should clarify that I'm not new to retroarch by any means, I use the gambatte, genesisplusgx, nestopia, snes9x-next, vba-next all without issues. Not sure why the mame and n64 cores perform so much worse than their standalone counterparts, I end up calling those programs directly through emulationstation instead of the retroarch cores.

Any devs on here wanna enlighten me as to why the RA cores are so hard to port for?
>>
>>2819632
>What do you think that could handle emulation wise?

I believe you can shealthe the pii zero + bettery into a gamepad. Os can easily get configured with some joy2key analog, no no external keyboard will be needed.
>>
>>2831653

If anyone's curious, this is what it looks like, webm related
>>
File: IMG_0029 2.webm (2 MB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0029 2.webm
2 MB, 640x360
>>2831741

took me a bunch of tries to get an encoding 4chan would support
>>
>>2831780
DK64 is one of those supremely fucked N64 games in terms of emulation. That said, that particular problem does not happen on my end. Using the Glide64 video plugin, of course.
>>
>>2831786

What OS are you on? I tried changing pretty much all the available core options, and either A. It looks like that B. Will show the Nintendo logo then nothing or C. Immediately segfaults and I have to edit the .cfg manually.

I'm going back to native mupen64plus, which works fine on all the other games.

My reason for avoiding (manual) save states is that I'm trying to make these setups as "idiot-proof" as possible before I give them out to my little cousins who live in other states.
>>
>>2831795
Windows 7. Using Glide64 with the CXD4 RSP plugin. Latest core build from the buildbot.
>>
So what's the opinion on portable emulators?

Last I heard the GPD XD was the way to go.
>>
File: Pi_Zero_v1.2.png (89 KB, 688x361) Image search: [Google]
Pi_Zero_v1.2.png
89 KB, 688x361
Anyone know if the Pi Zero is capable of decent emulation?
>>
File: LankyKong.webm (44 KB, 180x235) Image search: [Google]
LankyKong.webm
44 KB, 180x235
>>2831780
>N64 emulation
>>
>>2832263
Light emulation, yeah.

The thing is a meme. By the time you buy the adapters you need you could have gotten a better board anyway.
>>
>>2832263
What adapters? If you're going to wire controls to the GPIO pins, all you need is a display. All the 8 bit ROMs you want (and most of the 16bit) can fit on the SD card.
>>
I'm about to get into MAME for the first time, was wondering what frontend you guys would recommend? Just looking for something easy to use and lightweight. I was considering MAME UI but the wiki said it isn't maintained. Sorry for noob question.
>>
>>2831780
How's Lakka compared to Retropie?
>>
>>2832821
In my experience retropie was developed specifically for Pi and is a bit better on that platform. I built an Odroid for a buddy of mine and lakka was better on that. They're both close enough on the pi that it doesn't matter much. I'd just go with whichever one you prefer the interface on. (Which can be easily changed on both)
>>
>>2829459
Even just for emulating psx? Even a rasberry pi can handle that.
>>
So, is there a good working Dreamcast emulator?

I tried Chankast and NullDC and didn't seem to get the ROMs to work... in nulldc I think I got to the dreamcast screen but not the games.
>>
>>2829459
No... it isn't. Keep telling yourself that though.
>>
>>2833050
demul?
>>
>>2833046
Real talk, I used to run ePSXe on an 800 MHz Pentium III in with no slowdown. I think I even used software rendering.
>>
>>2819712
You can remove the tape, and just use ESR Launcher to bypass the region lock.
>>
>>2824917

don't do it

I emulated my DS lite playing castlevania 4 and it literally fried the damn thing
>>
>>2833413
You'd probably need an older version of the software. I'm sure it has gotten much more bloated over the years.
>>
>>2831653
Xinput controls are the modern standard, so it's not surprising that the input system caters to that. DirectInput controllers will work as well, though many of those don't have autoconfiguration profiles since they are not as standardized as Xinput, though it's not hard to create one and put it in the autoconf dir. If a mayflash adapter is using DirectInput, it can defintely be set up to be mapped perfectly with that core's input.
>>
>>2835456
Not really, it actually got faster.
>>
File: Wifi.jpg (157 KB, 828x866) Image search: [Google]
Wifi.jpg
157 KB, 828x866
why is retroarch such a piece of shit?
>>
>>2836257

Not a piece of shit so much as afflicted with heavy Linux-based autism.
>>
>>2836249
Indeed but it accommodates newer hardware now. It will run faster on newer machines but likely slower on older ones.
>>
>>2836257
>>2836263
More gui = more bloat = slower. I like that it discourages idiots from using it. Once you get used to using the command line it's almost always faster.
>>
File: 1423674583378-0.gif (2 MB, 300x206) Image search: [Google]
1423674583378-0.gif
2 MB, 300x206
>>2836340

I used the CLI for four years straight. Still hated every fucking minute of it.

But go on, tell me another one, guy...
>>
File: 8234759834759837.jpg (11 KB, 343x324) Image search: [Google]
8234759834759837.jpg
11 KB, 343x324
>>2836368
Wasn't designed for the slow kids. You should buy a mac.
>>
File: 1422778630173.gif (1 MB, 400x225) Image search: [Google]
1422778630173.gif
1 MB, 400x225
>>2836370

>T-the problem is you! It couldn't p-possibly be that my preferred method of interaction with my machine is grossly outdated!

>mac-user meme

Post is confirmed garbage. Into the trash you go, little Lunix autist.
>>
>Ask Questions, get answers.

In my attempt to catalog an emulator worth keeping for the Playstation on my "Emergency backup hard drive" for when the inevitable doom passes congress and such soon, I need to land an Emulator worth keeping.

ePSXe VS Mednafen. What wins?
>>
>>2836337
Nope, it hasn't changed that much in the last decade anyway.

>>2836375
When it comes to emulating the Playstation as it was then Mednafen wins hands down. However if you want HD upscaling shit then you need to use a plugin emulator and they all have the same issues. A new emulator is being worked on that should JustWerk™ and have high res options.
>>
>>2836415
The only thing I'd add to that is that ePSXe is a bit lighter on resources for for older PCs. Some people can't comprehend a CLI, but if you're stuck in a bunker for ten years I'm sure you'll learn enough to get by.
>>
>>2836415

>A new emulator is being worked on that should JustWerk™ and have high res options.

Oooooh, do tell, do tell....

>>2836375

mednafen no contest.
>>
>>2836257
Because you constantly find yourself changing your wifi settings?
>>
File: 07377041-photo-aoc-g2460pg.jpg (2 MB, 1830x1920) Image search: [Google]
07377041-photo-aoc-g2460pg.jpg
2 MB, 1830x1920
Who G-Sync here? I've got this monitor and so far it works really well for emulators. Latency is pretty much non-existent. I still need to play around with settings n' shit to make sure they're actually using G-Sync to the fullest.
>>
>>2836581
How big is that monitor and how much does it run? Just curious. I typically emulate on my tv without issue.
>>
File: 1444990062224.png (152 KB, 359x414) Image search: [Google]
1444990062224.png
152 KB, 359x414
>>2836581
>he fell for the g-sync meme
>>
File: 514491666.jpg (179 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
514491666.jpg
179 KB, 1024x768
>>2836586
It's a 24-ince 1080p monitor. It's on sale at Newegg for $349 making it the cheapest G-Sync monitor out now. Be aware, it's limited to display Port and requires a compatible nVidia GPU to utilize G-Sync & ULMB, but it's worth it, especially for MAME and it's crazy refresh rates.
>>2836591
/g/ plz
>>
>>2836427
https://github.com/simias/rustation

Dude's always on the /vg/ Emulation General. You may see him posting Picross puzzles.
>>
>>2836603

Oh OK. It's in some unproven bullshit language derived from Swift.

I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for that to go anywhere.
>>
>>2836603
>an emulator written in fucking Rust
talk about falling for the meme

real talk though that's pretty awesome
>>
>>2836612
>derived from Swift.

hurrdhurrhurdurdurf
>>
File: 1448220234970.jpg (55 KB, 599x752) Image search: [Google]
1448220234970.jpg
55 KB, 599x752
>>2836597
Seems expensive for 1080p at this point. I'm guessing nvidia "g-sync" works better with nvidia products. I'll go with a larger 4k monitor personally. I'm not really going to argue stats or how they're derived but I don't notice any issues on my tv. Seems silly to pay for an unnecessary feature. I'll check my local stores and give it a test if I can. I mainly just want 3 monitors for my workstation (specifically work in that phrase) that can also game. They might be breddy gud though. I'll look around a bit and see. I've stopped trusting manufacturers for the most part. I've got a 4k vizio in the bedroom that has the exact same listed stats as my sisters 4k samsung. The samsung is honestly a piece of shit despite they fact they claim they are the same.
>NY btw. I'm sure I can find a display model to attach to. I never could do that in the last city I lived in. You might be right but in my experience seeing is believing when it comes to displays.
>>
What's the best option for playing backup games on my slim PS2? I only have one memory card, have a few rwcds lying around though. Thanks.
>>
>>2836747
I'm a little confused by the question? You mean like burned games?
>>
>>2836752
Yup.
>>
>>2836682
I am biding my time until next generation. I want 4k at actual 120hz. I need cards that can push more pixels, and HDMI that's got more bandwidth in spec.
>>
>>2836771
http://www.instructables.com/id/Mod-a-PlayStation-2-Slimline-for-FREE!-NO-CHIPS!/
>>
>>2819714
All you have to do is plug in a USB hub; are you retarded?
>>
>>2837095
4 signals directly wired into a project board versus 4 from an aftermarket hub with only one input. I've got practical, real life experience though. I'm sure it can be done. You're ignoring the fact the chips on your product are slower though.
>>
3DS emulation never.

Why is the 3DS scene so shit by the way? They can't even document that crap properly.
>>
>>2837473
Because moralfags ruin everything. There's an unspoken rule among people who know how to crack newer firmwares that thou shall never enable piracy, so we're left with closed-source flashcarts.
>>
>>2837496
It's sad. See PSP for how good it can be when there are no moralfags.
>>
>>2837569
I always seem to hear about how crappy PSP is. Can't do snes?
>>
>>2838914
Back when it was actually relevant it was pretty much the best handheld emulation machine around. It could be even argued it took till the 3DS to really dethrone it too, since pretty much every other commercial handheld that can emulate runs fucking android.

It can do SNES and GBA, but not very well at all.
>>
File: 6786_large.jpg (192 KB, 471x600) Image search: [Google]
6786_large.jpg
192 KB, 471x600
>TFW I got Reicast working on my Lollipop android
>feels good mang
>>
How viable is it to emulate arcade lightgun games on PC?

I have a serious hard-on for light gun games and some of the ones I wanna play haven't been ported to anything.
>>
File: B4rk-vGCcAEfAG5.jpg (21 KB, 455x524) Image search: [Google]
B4rk-vGCcAEfAG5.jpg
21 KB, 455x524
I was playing gitaroo man and realized that the analog sticks would snap in the left, right, up, and down positions when I would get close to them, making it hard to get those real subtle turns

anyway to fix this?
>>
>>2839171
HOTD 2 and overkill got PC ports so you don't need to emulate those

personally I've only emulated CarnEvil using MAME and I remember it taking awhile to get right

If you're really desperate the Resident evil Chronicles games can be emulated on dolphin but Darkside Chronicles crashes a bunch
>>
>>2839184

I'm mostly trying for Ocean Hunter, time crisis series, Zombie Raid, Ghoul Panic, and the Silent Hill shooter

I also wanna do Dynamite Cop/Die Hard Arcade but that's not lightgun
>>
File: 03495309485.gif (1 MB, 477x252) Image search: [Google]
03495309485.gif
1 MB, 477x252
What's with all the retard threads of people that can't build their own pi?

>>2838140
>>2839124
>>
>>2839317
normies are dumb, anon
>>
>>2839343
Linux doesn't make you an autist.
>>
What's the best N64 emulator?
I've heard PJ64 isn't that good.
Got a hankering for playing Majoras Mask again.
>>
>>2839317
Why not use neither and just buy an old laptop for the same price that's five times as powerful? Stupid shill
>>
>>2840128
don't reply to that, it's obvious shilling for advertising on 4chan
>>
>>2840124
pls respond ;__;
>>
>>2840124
PJ64 is good, it's just that the official installer has the optional ability to install malware on your computer

Just read the installer carefully and you're good, or I'm sure you can find a zipped archive of the files

>>2840128
what laptops can you get for $35 again?

ones that don't take 20 minutes to boot that is
>>
>>2840317
You can buy t40s for like $20 on ebay. They are going to use like 50x more power than a rpi though.
>>
File: ps1.png (8 KB, 241x448) Image search: [Google]
ps1.png
8 KB, 241x448
So far so good? I know I need the Oddworld games.
>>
File: 1449284902514.gif (965 KB, 500x319) Image search: [Google]
1449284902514.gif
965 KB, 500x319
>>2840128
As per usual /vr/'s recommendation is to buy some old wheezing pos laptop and someone accuses people of trying to shill a product produced by a nonprofit. Sorry setting up a tiny linux device is too complex for you bro.
>>
>>2840592
The cheapest ones are over $50. Anything less is broken.

And it takes 50x more power
>>
>>2840592
1080p hdmi port? Nope.

>It's almost like some angry young man on this board got molested by the Pi.
>>
>>2840636
They use spinning disks as well. Expect retarded long boot times.
>>
File: soxjwbR.gif (297 KB, 271x208) Image search: [Google]
soxjwbR.gif
297 KB, 271x208
Alright so I have this RPI 1 that I threw retropie v3 on. I down...ahem ripped a large amount of ROMs from arcade machines I own and I believe they are for Mame 0.149? So, if I'm understanding correctly, I can only run roms that are the same version as the emulator I am using right?

On Windows I can play the roms with MameUI64 0.149 just fine. Now what I understand is I can't just move those roms to my Raspberry Pi cause it doesn't use that version of MAME.

So I looked into CLRMAMEPRO and found a guide that shows how to load a profile and rebuild the games. Which should change the rom version to the one I need if I use the dat file from the raspberry pi, right?

Just for shits, I tried rebuilding Metal Slug 2 both for Mame4All and FBA, neither worked. Just black screen with no response. I looked at the compatibility list and saw that FBA supported Metal Slug 4, so I tried rebuilding that, and same thing.

Any ideas as to what I'm doing wrong?
>>
>>2840667
OK, so I realized I'm retarded and didn't have the neogeo.zip in there. I rebuilt it (I do have to do that for BIOS too right?) and it loaded, but the graphics were fucky and no sound. Is this cause I fucked something up or is it just the version of FBA it's running?
>>
>>2840636
You can get them working for around $20 if you spend more than 3 seconds looking, under $40 doesn't even take effort.

>>2840640
No, but it does do 1080p VGA which also lets them hook up to CRTs for native output. and they come with 1400x1050 screens.

I'm not even trying to suggest getting one over an rpi though; you really do seem like a fucking shill.
>>
>>2840619
Check out >>2837590

Most/all of the Resident Evil games have ports that are superior to the PS1 versions btw.
>>
File: 2984375982375.jpg (73 KB, 519x533) Image search: [Google]
2984375982375.jpg
73 KB, 519x533
>>2840767
Can you link to a working one for around $20? Why would I won't some old ten ton pos crt in my house? Also you should learn what the word shill means. Do you have one of these wheezing old pos laptops for sale on ebay or something?
>>
>>2840779
fuck off shill
>>
File: 1448383357057.gif (120 KB, 600x487) Image search: [Google]
1448383357057.gif
120 KB, 600x487
>>2840784
I'm advocating a nonprofit. You're shilling for ebay sellers. Nice try undercover shill
>>
>>2840784
How long does it take you to update your ebay listing shillary? Still waiting on that working wheezing $20 t40s with a hard drive at the end of its life cycle to get listed.
>>
>>2840808
>>2840797
>I'm advocating a nonprofit.
aka shilling
>implying non-profits can't hire shills

Meanwhile, I'm telling people not to buy t40s, yet you're calling me a shill. Seems like something a shill would say.

The only reason I even starting talking about them is because you keeping saying stuff that is patently false. Again, something only a shill would do. Anyone else would prefer having an honest discussion about pros and cons of anything.
>>
>>2840819
So... you still can't link this mythical working $20 t40s laptop. Nice back pedaling.
>>
>>2840824
>trying this hard to get me too lurk ebay for you cause you're too retarded to get a cheap t40 yourself

lmao
>>
>>2840831
It's ok kiddo. Everyone knows you're a liar.
>>
>>2840779
>Why would I won't some old ten ton pos crt in my house?

Go back to shilling on >>>/g/ please.
>>
>>2840838
>trying this hard to change the subject?

Do you really think not liking a house full of hoarder trash is shilling?

t40s for $20... still waiting.
>>
File: cmonson.jpg (16 KB, 300x224) Image search: [Google]
cmonson.jpg
16 KB, 300x224
>>2840837

>>2840317
>you can't get laptops more powerful than rpi's for $35 or less
lie

>>2840636
>cheapest t40s on ebay are $50
huge lie

Even if I am lying (I'm not) at least mine isn't easily falsifiable.
>>
>>2840846
The subject is your bullshit lies shilling for rpi's. You're the one strawmanning and avoiding the subject with this $20 shit.

I'm not that poster btw. Again hypocritical since you were obviously samefagging earlier.
>>
File: 1449209353678.gif (2 MB, 448x252) Image search: [Google]
1449209353678.gif
2 MB, 448x252
>>2840851
So falsify it then. It's so easy right. BTW not the guy who said the cheapest ones were $50. More than one person sees you're full of shit.
>>
>>2840859
http://www.ebay.com/itm/361442843410
>>
File: 1449337625390.gif (915 KB, 500x200) Image search: [Google]
1449337625390.gif
915 KB, 500x200
>>2840858
English isn't your first language is it. Again... that incorrectly used word shill. Instead of proving your claim you now claim you didn't make it. I'll let you have the last word though. Your autism has amused me though.

>>2840863
Item condition:Used
“FAN ERROR. NO OS, HDD, caddy/cover or ac adapter.”

You really are slow aren't you. Getting that running will cost way more than a pi and still be a wheezing fan driven piece of shit.

Night kiddo
>>
>people actually buy rasberry pis for emulation

What the fuck though?
>>
>>2840864
>>2840863
epic samefag
>>
File: xebra.png (38 KB, 642x532) Image search: [Google]
xebra.png
38 KB, 642x532
I'm trying to get XEBRA to work but loading up a .cue file won't go any further than this part. Loading XEBRA without any BIOS files doesn't work either.
>>
>>2840881
As it turns out loading the .bin file works? That's strange
>>
>>2840881
>>2840886
It probably can't parse the cue.

General rule when running game images is, when the emulator can't read it right, try mounting it and running from a virtual drive first.
>>
>>2840886
A lot of emulators don't need the .cue file. IIRC they had something to do with calling audio files on the physical discs. I could be about their use though. Mednafen and pcsx don't need them either if memory serves.
>>
>>2840913
Yeah, .cue files are for audio stuff. The problem is when running a multi-track game like Wipeout XL running the .bin won't work, it just freezes before it gets to the main menu.
>>
File: 387437943479.jpg (2 MB, 2000x2000) Image search: [Google]
387437943479.jpg
2 MB, 2000x2000
>>2840916
I have been having issues running multi-track games on my pi2. I've seen video of people doing it so I know it's possible but I haven't managed to find a guide for setting it up yet. I'll work on it when I've got some free time this weekend. I really want to play ridge racer.
>>
>be /emugen/
>mfw /vr/ peasants don't even know how cuesheets work

http://emulation.gametechwiki.com/index.php/Cue_sheet_(.cue)

Also, skip the hassle and just download rips that aren't shit to start with.

Here's the entire US redump set.
magnet:?xt=urn:btih:SCNWXXPEOK32TIEZ7YZESR2IV2MNR4E2

Also, don't use Xebra, wtf?
>>
File: 385738748374.gif (2 MB, 576x324) Image search: [Google]
385738748374.gif
2 MB, 576x324
>>2840963
I've got no issues using the .cue file on my other devices. Just haven't gotten around to figuring out for pcsx rearmed on pi2.
>>
>>2836929
EZ Thanks lad
>>
Any tips on getting a usb controller to work with Zebra? It won't detect the input on the controller setup menu. Got one of those logitech f310s
>>
>>2841558
Easy: Use an emulator that isn't shit.
>>
Is the emulator of N64 for the Wii any good?
>>
>>2841560
Hah got it working, now I enjoy superior emulation WITH my controller.
>>
There's no pastebin or anything so I'm sorry if I'm asking obvious shit.

I haven't played any "retro" games since I got a new computer 2 years ago and finally could play new stuff.
I never put a lot of thought into it so back I used:
VBA
RockNESX
MAME obviously
Project64
I don't remember what I used for Radiant Silvergun, it werked though.
NO$GBA for DS, although at the time I remember my dual core (core 2 duo? can't remember) shitting itself.

So, now it seems there are a lot of options.
I'm interested in Saturn/PS1 emulation, I know how to get the others to work already, but I've never done these before.
Is there a standard emulator for those? Or is it case by case depending on the game?
>>
>>2841705
Mednafen or pcsx for PS1. I haven't run into a game either couldn't play.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 73

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.