[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT we post interesting trivia did you know the western smb2
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 5
File: themoreyouknow.jpg (39 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
themoreyouknow.jpg
39 KB, 640x480
ITT we post interesting trivia
did you know the western smb2 was actually a reskin of a taiwanese game called donkey kong picnic
did you know the psx was actually an obscure japanese model of the ps2 so you're all using the name wrong
>>
>>2817640
I see you. :)
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=McDXSxH3Sx8
>>
>>2817640
I can't wait till some clueless youtuber and underage newbies walk into this thread and walk out with this newfound "knowledge"
>>
File: Hidden Palace Zone Boss.png (830 KB, 982x547) Image search: [Google]
Hidden Palace Zone Boss.png
830 KB, 982x547
If you catch all 120 Power Stars in Pokemon RGBY, you can go to Bill's Lab and he'll take you out back to unfreeze Zora's Domain. This will unlock Luigi's Nude Cheat in Tomb Raider, allowing you to see Samus' original death animation - but only if you're in Hidden Palace Zone. You can get there by saving Aerith after seeing the Ambulance Ending (achievable by finding the gun in Ocarina of Time and singing karaoke for an hour straight in Takeshi's Challenge).

Follow this process exactly, and your Virtual Boy will be able to play in 256 colors.
>>
Pacman is the chinese word for pizza. The main dev was eating a whole pizza when he decided to make a game based on his real life eating habits. Gabe Newell is still fat to this day.
>>
>>2818556
But is it in NTSC-J or NTSC-UC colors?
>>
>>2818556
WHERE IS THE GUN?!
>>
File: Gun.jpg (67 KB, 397x525) Image search: [Google]
Gun.jpg
67 KB, 397x525
>>2818579
>Needing to be spoonfed this badly

Use FLY in the Safari Zone to teleport into Mr. Resetti's house, upon which he'll dig up your neighborhood, revealing the hidden Stop 'n Swap. Type in ENGAGE RIDLEY MOTHER FUCKER to fight Donkey Kong. After that, beat the game with Otacon 50 times and Meryl 50 times - you won't encounter enemies in random battles anymore. Kill Flowey, and repeat this process for every stage until you reach Fourside; that's how you unlock the knife. Make sure you die six times EXACTLY against Skeletor. Tap A repeatedly - exactly to the rhythm of the title theme - to unlock Cloud's Sister, Gale. Move all your Pokemon to Stadium (Stadium 2 if you're in Japan), and transfer them to Ruby/Sapphire; tap B as quickly as possible when catching your next Pokemon to unlock Maria Robotnik's menu. Jump off the Eiffel Tower 30 times in a row to build up an immunity; when this is done, if you've defeated Sheng Long (which is pretty tough on its own), you'll be able to face the stages that the Columbine shooters made for practice.

When you've cleared them, turn off all the lights and electronics in your house, spin around 3 times, stare into a mirror and say "To beat the game you must defeat me, John Romero" backwards. If you did this correctly, Tails Doll will manifest - get him to kill Lord British, and you'll unlock the gun.
>>
>>2817640
Did you know the ps2 is the name of a computer port so you are the one using the name wrong
>>
>>2821064
Did you know you are wrong and referring to PS/2?
>>
amiga computer name was a typo they really meant Amigo (italian for friend) but by the time they got made it was to late
>>
>>2818556
>>2818640
this is the kind of cryptic instructions shit would get posted on gamefaqs or cheat.cc back in the day
>>
File: 1448140602195.gif (949 KB, 243x339) Image search: [Google]
1448140602195.gif
949 KB, 243x339
>>2821187
>>
When starting a new game+ in Chrono Trigger introduce the Konami code at the screen that asks you whether you want the active or wait battle mode to unlock a third option simply called "????" now during battle all sound effects will be replaced by a vuvuzela, you can exploit this to trigger a bug during Gato's fight that will crash the game, do a soft reset and your party will now consist of ghosts, with a party of ghosts you can use the "possess" battle command at Lavos itself to make him spare you, spare him as well and now you can date him during your second visit to the Golden Saucer, this will make him join your party permanently, but you need to be careful because from now on missingno may appear during a random battle, if you capture missingno and transfer him to Asgard you'll unlock ending C, where you must fight ZUN during Ragnarok, defeat ZUN and as a reward he'll hand you his legenday ZUNpet, play the Song of Healing on the ZUNpet and you will warp to the End of Time to fight the Dream Team itself, defeat them and now Gabe himself will appear and let you download any game from Steam for free.
>>
>>2817640
>Did you know you are wrong
PSX was a japanase multimedia version of PS1 idiot
>>
>>2821269
[citation required]
>>
did you know that when eiji anuma originally designed mario's enemy browser he designed him in reference to a web browser because mario was originally supposed to be a web developer

related: did you know that supra mario bros was originally supposed to be a seinfeld licensed game? when the contract fell through, nintendo had to go back to the drawing board and came up with mario at the last second

fun fact about seinfeld: another seinfeld game was in development in the mid-90s also got cancelled and had to be reworked. that game later became body harvest
>>
Did you know? Earthbound got their name from an unreleased Rush song.
>>
>>2821269
>Japanase
>Idiot
Hello, kettle? Meet pot.
>>
>>2821347
That's total bullshit. Bowser was named after a Korean rice dish, and Mario was originally intended to be a North Korean communist. That's why he wore red, rose a red star to the top of the flagpole after every stage, and got powerups from stars.

Source: I've cooked bowsers before and they're delicious
>>
>>2818640
Just had to throw in your favourite undertale reference didn't you.
>>
>>2821195
The Endless Cheat threads on gamefaqs were amazing. I spent hours looking at how much idiocy the kids could keep on piling onto it, and how it gradually spiraled from "jump ten times and reset the system" towards "toss your cartridge into a toaster and mail it to Japan".

>>2821680
I'm surprised you take issue with that, and not the long-dead Tails Doll meme or how lolrandumn the thing is as a whole.
>>
>>2821410
is that legit info?
>>
After defeating Shen Long replace the cartridge with the Japanese version of Mortal Kombat and press reset on the Genesis five times. When you get up to Shang Tsung press ABBACAB and the round will stop, and the message "A new challenger has entered the tournament!" and you will then fight Jade who uses Sonya's sprite but with much more green.
>>
>>2818556
that is a lot of hoax references
>>
>>2818556
Is 100% legit.
>>
File: download.jpg (6 KB, 264x191) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
6 KB, 264x191
>>2818556
I don't know how "retro" shadow of the colossus is, but anybody else legitimately believe the 17th colossus stories? I remember when I was a teen me and my friend would look up theory after theory on his shitty internet connection in a vain hope that we'd finally find that 17th colossus. Pretty much every bullshit secret story me and my friend read online, we took 100% seriously and investigated.

Even though there is no 17th colossus, it was confirmed that there where originally going to be like 30-something colossus, and there even exists poorly coded versions of them. Such a shame they were never implemented.
>>
>>2818556
Can confirm. My dad's uncle's cousin works for Sony.
>>
>>2818556
Nah bruh you got it all wrong

First, you need to unlock Sonic and Tails in Super Smash bros. Melee by switching the game cartridge to Banjo Tooie after you reach the top of the waterfall in Super Mario 64 and unlock Yoshi as a playable character, than, put in the Konami code at the start of Halo to see Master Chiefs face, input the code on his left eyelid once you get into Peach's castle on Super Mario Kart 64 using Sheng Long, who you unlock by putting in the nude code from Tomb Raider. Once you input that code, you get truck-mew to revive Aeris, who you get by completing Resident Evil 22 times with Chris and once with Jill and then killing Wesker 63 times with the secret character Seth. Than, you unlock Ermac, who allows you to get the Ambulance ending. If you do all of this correctly, than you should be able to unlock Luigi in Super Mario 128 for the Nintendo 63, the new console Nintendo's releasing, Jimmy said his step-cousin's neighbor is a higher up at Nintendo and he's already beat it 8 times.

If you followed every step correctly, you should be able to play PS1 games on your Dreamcast.
>>
>>2821183
Say that to my face fucker not online see what happens
>>
>>2824994
back the fuck off!?!?
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.