[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
GoG has a sale on Goldbox games. Which GB game is the most accessible
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4
File: question mark.gif (983 KB, 245x160) Image search: [Google]
question mark.gif
983 KB, 245x160
GoG has a sale on Goldbox games. Which GB game is the most accessible in your opinion?
>>
Azure Bonds
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0OLGx2lGtOc
>>
File: Capture.png (603 KB, 1830x787) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
603 KB, 1830x787
Man I want to get both of these bundles but first one doesn't have HD rereleases and second one is expensive for a bunch of games that look poorly aged.

Also are any of those Star Trek games good?
>>
>>2815848
>paying for Goldbox games

Aren't they abandonware?
>>
>>2816276
Gog regularly sells abandonware games. They're usually pretty cheap and worth it to have it work out of the box with some extras bundled, but these are pretty expensive. I doubt 50% off 25 year old games was the best they could do.
>>
Unless they went and put all the text in the booklet in to the game, why would you pay any money for this?
>>
File: Capture.png (177 KB, 1126x448) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
177 KB, 1126x448
>>2816271
The Star Trek games in question. I heard 25th Anniversary was good and I've played some of the later Starfleet Commands.
>>
>>2815848
Treasures of the Savage Frontier is technically better overall. But you'll probably want to start with Gateway of the Savage Frontier then transfer your characters.
>>
>>2816324
technically the best*
>>
>>2816282
33% unless you buy the whole set :(

gold box was recently added tho, they're not going to drop them that much that soon
>>
>>2816276
It's not abandonware if it gets published and supported. GOG makes sure the games run every relevant system.
>>
Dungeon Hack
>>
>>2815848
F R U A
R
U
A

Literally unlimited. Hundreds of hours of content. Play the PnP conversions from Ray Dyer's The Realm campaign.
>>
Buck Rogers
>>
>>2816282
If they are being sold then they are, by definition, not abandonware. Abandonware is hardly even a thing.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.