[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do I use memory cards in ePSXe? I'm trying to play persona
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: epsxe-190.png (7 KB, 640x300) Image search: [Google]
epsxe-190.png
7 KB, 640x300
How do I use memory cards in ePSXe? I'm trying to play persona and its just stuck at the menu trying to load a memory card.
>>
>>2815224
use pcsx-r if you want hd and widescreen, it's better. if you want shitty quality but accurancy go with mednafen.
>>
>>2815324
huh? is this the solution to my memory card problem?
>>
>>2815335
That's his way of telling you he doesn't have a fucking clue. Next thing you know he'll be asking for your system's specs. There are a lot of people like that in the emu scene.

I can't think of anything obvious though. ePSXe should have two blank memory cards enabled by default. What exactly happens? Hopefully you're not trying to load an old game before starting a new one? If the game is freezing or something it could be a plugin issue. Might want to check you're using the latest version of the emulator (1.9.25) as well. If it's a bug specific to ePSXe, you could try using other emulators. Sorry for not being more helpful.
>>
>>2815339
I am indeed using 1.9.25.

I'm thinking it might be a bug. I'm about to see if it does it with any other games that require a memory card. Thanks for the input though.
>>
>>2815335
i'm just saying your problem is irrelevant as you are using and inferior emulator for some reason. so it/you can't be helped.
>>
>>2815340
Yeah, seems to be a bug: http://forums.macrumors.com/threads/xenogears-and-persona.1328808/

One other thought I had was that it could be some kind of permissions issue with the memory card files. Probably not, if other games work okay.
>>
>>2815224
Hey if we're talking PS1 emulation, is switching discs hard? It's literally the only reason why I haven't tackled any game involving two discs.
>>
>>2815350
Not difficult at all. ePSXe and PCSX-R both have an option for that in the menu. All you have to do is select the new disc and you're good to go.

Mednafen is a bit more finicky. You either have to make a .m3u file with the filenames of each disc and then you use a hotkey to change any time, or you can load the discs separately and rename the memory cards as needed.

Most games will let you save at the disc swap prompt anyway so swapping isn't actually necessary, you can just load the save on the new disc. There are a few exceptions though, I think MGS is one that doesn't do that.
>>
>>2815350
>>2815224
you're both douches lmao
>>
>>2815324
>>2815343
>>2815358
There is only one douche so far in this thread.
>>
File: kek.png (752 KB, 676x460) Image search: [Google]
kek.png
752 KB, 676x460
>>2815359
the one who knows how to use emulators? right
>>
>>2815360
Four people in this thread:

#1: Has clearly gotten as far as the main menu in Persona.
#2: Tries helping #1, offered a bunch of suggestions.
#3: Mentions having played a bunch of other games, inquires about multi disc games.
#4 (You): Shitposter, has contributed nothing.

Seriously, if you're such a clever puss then why can't you try helping instead of being an ass. Did you get raped as a child or something?
>>
>>2815340
have you created a blank .bin file and then selected that as the file for memory card 1 in the emulator settings?
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.