[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Bomberman!
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 6
File: th.jpg (11 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
th.jpg
11 KB, 300x300
Hey /vr/, would you mind suggesting a Bomberman game for me to play? The only one I have played before was for the classic Gameboy, and if I recall had a whip? I am missing the gameplay pretty bad and would love to know which of the games in the series I should try out.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TLYPp4DeAlY
>>
>>2814541
Oh thanks, that's the one. I'll play any decent Bomberman game at this point.
>>
File: BombermanCanguru.png (388 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
BombermanCanguru.png
388 KB, 1024x768
>>2814554
There are bomberman games for almost every system. I would say start with the pc engine ones. Bomberman 94' was really good. Also the super bomberman games are good. Saturn bomberman is considered the defining game in the series. I really liked the n64 ones personally.
>>
>>2814537
1-5 for the SNES are really fun. Most of them are co-op and have cool powerups.
>>
File: 43636752_p1_master1200.jpg (166 KB, 562x500) Image search: [Google]
43636752_p1_master1200.jpg
166 KB, 562x500
>>2814537
All the Nintendo 64 ones have a solid single-player campaign. Try Saturn Bomberman also.
>>
Try Neo Bomberman, it has its own charm.
>>
>>2814575
>>2816695

know a good emulator for the saturn?
>>
>>2817468
http://segaretro.org/SSF
>>
>>2817468
SSF
>>
>>2814575
>>2816695
saturn bomberman alright!
used to play this with a chinese friend, even had a hack to the rom where you could choose the multiplayer characters for the campaign mode and even 2 players for the master mode. I dunno where he found them or if he even did it himself
>>
OP here, pleasantly surprised to see my thread is still about. Not sure if we are allowed to talk about rom sites here, but for the life of me I can not find any of the Super Bomberman games for SNES. I would buy them, but currently unemployed. Anyone know a safe place to find them? Apologies in advance for not having a full romset, but the last time I grabbed roms was almost a decade ago, and grabbing an entire set on dial up was inconceivable. Thanks!

Also will look at the SSF emulator, so bonus thanks for that, friend Anons!
>>
>>2817539
http://www.emuparadise.me/
just got my saturn bomberman rom here
>>
>>2817557
Appreciated greatly, friend Anon! I hope Saturn Bomberman brings you plenty of fun!
>>
>>2817562
ah i'm still having trouble with the ssf emulator, got the bios and finally got it to load but it turned out to be the wrong region.
downloading another iso of bomberman in another region cause i don't wanna screw with the bios settings heh
>>
File: Blue_Resort_scan.png (537 KB, 449x477) Image search: [Google]
Blue_Resort_scan.png
537 KB, 449x477
the first one for n64.

you gonna get comfy.
>>
Bomberman 94 and Saturn bomberman are considered the pinnacles of the series
>>
Bomberman Quest. The premise is that Bomberman has to capture a bunch of escaped criminals, so each enemy only shows up once.
>>
Also Mega Bomberman (also known as 94) has a fun single player

10 player Saturn Bomberman sounds awesome, then you realise that the pads get tangled a lot and playing it on a screen smaller than 32" is unwise also its limited to the classic map, bunging it to 8 player lets you choose
>>
>>2817780
>tfw hi ten bomberman will never be playable
>>
Thanks mates, been playing a ton of Super Bomberman since you linked a place to get it in here. Any way we can network game this up, get some /vr/ Bombermen going on?
>>
Question: Was there a Bomberman for the NEO-GEO? Because I can remember playing a Bomberman game at my local pizza place when I was a kid...
>>
>>2817974
yes, there was neo bomberman
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=It8l3CNXUyg
pretty good game, worth a shot if you've tried saturn, snes and n64 games
>>
>>2817984

Cool. That was the first Bomberman I played, then my mom got me Super Bomberman 2 for the SNES for my birthday.
>>
File: gfs_83507_3_1.jpg (124 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
gfs_83507_3_1.jpg
124 KB, 1024x768
Isn't this game more than a bit racist? Why is the black bomberman always the second player?
>>
>>2818004
One, they're robots. Two, he's your rival.
>>
Aside from that edgy one for the 360 there's not really a bad bomberman game is there? The real fun with these games comes from the multiplayer which is pretty similar in every game.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.