[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Dreamcast Raffle Contest Thingy
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1
File: 10thanniversary.png (173 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
10thanniversary.png
173 KB, 400x400
So PlayAsia is doing some contest thing where you have to identify the games being played just by looking at a VMU screen.

http://www.thedreamcastjunkyard.co.uk/2015/11/10th-anniversary-competition-bonus.html

You guys down for being scumbags and doing this together and beating this shit?
>>
>>2813182
Didn't only a handful of games even use the VMU screen for anything special?
>>
>>2813182
So far all I've got is:
1. Mortal Kombat: Gold
8. Jet Set Radio
9. ChuChu Rocket
21. Quake 3 Arena
>>
>>2813193
and suzuki alstare extreme racing for 3 I think
>>
>Jap games
Well that's not very fair, is it?
>>
>>2813185
They pretty much all displayed some kind of image even if the game didn't use it for anything.
>>
>>2813298
I thought the ones that didn't use it for something special just defaulted to whatever you set the image too.

Off hand all I ever owned that did neat things was:
>Resident Evil: Code Name Veronica
>Skies of Arcadia
and possibly
>Rush 2049
>>
5 is probably Soldier of Fortune
13 is probably one of the NBA 2k games.
20 is one of the zippy the porcupine games
>>
>>2815830
also 4 is propeller arena
>>
I think 10 is Floigan Brothers

22 is probably Stupid Invaders
>>
>>2813182
2 is Last Blade 2: Final

I'll dig for more. The dragon looks like an Ogre Battle thing?
>>
24 is Re-Volt
>>
>>2813182
I think 23 is supposed to be Cyprian.
>>
>>2813502
Then I guess you think that displaying the game name is something special. How special.
>>
>>2817551
You've clearly never programmed anything. Maybe a VCR.
>>
>>2817551
I spent the late 80's and early 90's making a living programming for Sanyo single chip microcomputers including the one used in the VMU. I've written thousands of lines of code for dozens of projects on the LC86 series alone. It's entirely possible that I did program your VCR. As in I wrote the code run by the tiny computer inside it that senses what buttons you push, activates the motors and displays shit on that little screen.
>>
>>2817765
So, you're a programmer and disagree that using a quirk of the hardware to display the name of the game isn't special.

Yeah, okay.
>>
Would 12 be Virtua On?
THinking 16 is Le Mans 24 Hour
I'm almost sure 20 is Sonic Shuffle, too.
>>
>>2817873
No, I'm a programmer and disagree that you know what you're talking about. There's no "quirk of the hardware" involved in displaying the name of the game.
You really have to be a special kind of special to think Sega made a device that plugged into the controller to handle saves, download mini games, display addition off screen information, etc but for some reason made it impossible to display the name of the game without some "quirk"
>>
Second to last one is Re-Volt.
>>
Dreamcast is a shit console.
Garbage controller.
Garbage hardware.
It's only notable games were mediocre first party games and ports of Capcom and Namco arcade games.
FUCK that piece of garbage, fuck it right in it's shitty internet port.
>>
>>2820318
You gonna tell me that Jet Set Radio was mediocre? I bet next you're gonna tell me the N64 had a wonderful library, with a controller usable by a grown man
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.