[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Underrated games
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 6
File: pacman 2.jpg (121 KB, 640x886) Image search: [Google]
pacman 2.jpg
121 KB, 640x886
It's not perfect, but it's fun and very charming. The way you play this game is really unique, without any direct control over the character. No other pointn click does that. It also looks pretty great, especially for a Genesis game.
>>
This game is a strange mix of horrible yet oddly compelling gameplay.

It's like the discount-store ice cream of games
>>
>>2812123
you might enjoy playing wonder project j
>>
>>2812123
That game plays like a younger sibling that insists on you telling them what to do in a video game, but refuses to let you actually play it for them.
>>
>>2812123
I would probably hate this game if I didn't grow up with it.
But I did, and I know almost every little event in the whole game.

It's frustrating to watch a let's play where the player is getting mad at Pac-Man for not listening to them. But, like, he has clear behavior patterns depending on his mood, and he's pretty good about noticing things when you make him look.
>>
Really solid Castelvania clone with some of the best music I've heard the Game Gear put out. I've been having a lot of fun with it lately.
>>
>>2812205
Pretty much what this Anon said.

I honestly treated this game less like a video game and more like... something along the lines of an interactive Saturday-Morning cartoon.
>>
>>2812305
Nosferatu is still the best Castlevania clone.
>>
>>2812205
the music is some of the most awful I have ever heard in a game
>>
>>2814113
Nosferatu is more PoP like than Castlevania.
>>
>>2814153
Which version did you play? Neither are amazing, but the genesis version sounds okay.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sy2Fjx7uBdQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RZt5WTtfTSE
>>
>Genesis version
>>
>>2812202
NOOOOOO LET ME DO IT THOOOOO
>>
>>2817115
This game is about 90% similar on both consoles. The only real difference is the sound/music which isn't great on either one.

I think Pac-Man's goofy "speech" is funnier on the Genesis version though.
>>
>>2817271
Yaoooooooo.

YAOOOOOOOOOOOO.
>>
I don't care what spoony says. Runes of Virtue is fun. Pretty damn fun even.
>>
>>2812123
Hows the SNES version? I use to play the Genesis version as a kid, but that copy is long lost. I now have a SNES flashcart, though, so I was thinking of trying it again for nostalgia.
>>
>>2819753

frustrating as balls.
>>
>>2819771
Let me reword it: is the game significantly worse or different from the genesis version?
>>
>>2819753

Worse because it runs in an inferior console
>>
>>2819780
No, it's the exact same game. The Genesis version has the Jr. Pac Man (actually a reskinned Ms. Pac Man) bonus game but that's really the only difference.
>>
Had the SNES version and hated it. I appreciate the unique control aspect but the game was awful.
>>
File: 1419048641763.jpg (79 KB, 960x640) Image search: [Google]
1419048641763.jpg
79 KB, 960x640
>>2819783

Sega fans always ass mad
>>
>>2819787
Makes it better by default then. It is one of the few games that is hardly different though.
>>
File: cowboy-kid.png (3 KB, 256x224) Image search: [Google]
cowboy-kid.png
3 KB, 256x224
Just beat this.

Essentially a goemon-like or a goemon rip-off (however tf you want to phrase it): it's fun, has a lot of variety in the levels, and is not too hard.

Definitely recommend it if you want an unknown, high-quality nes game.
>>
>>2821523
Have you played The Lone Ranger? pretty good game by Konami in the same theme.
>>
>>2819753
SNES version has better music and slightly better graphics like more parallax. You can't go wrong with either though.
>>
>>2812170
Wonder Project J is sick as fuck and OP would love it

>>2816518
I'm a Sega Racist but seriously the SNES sounds better, anything the Genesis puts out sounds like dicks on a chalkboard
>>
>>2821535
>i'm a big Sega fan
>the Genesis sounds like shit
sure thing family
>>
>>2821535
>seriously the SNES sounds better
With Pac Man 2, I disagree completely. A few of the tracks are alright on the SNES, but as a whole the Genesis version sounds better. Some of the songs in the SNES version are almost incomprehensible.

I'm saying this as someone who prefers the SNES's sound overall (not just in this specific game) overall.
>>
>>2821535
>I'm a Sega Racist but seriously the SNES sounds better, anything the Genesis puts out sounds like dicks on a chalkboard
You must also be deaf because the genesis ver blows the snes rendition out of the water.
>>
>>2812123
Love the Genesis music.
>>
I just played the TG16 version, it's fucking AWFUL. TOTALLY AND UTTERLY GOD DAMN AWFUL
>>
>>2821528
>Better Music
Debatable. Better instrument choice, but they all sound very... screechy.
>>
>>2824121
There is no TG16 version. You must be thinking of Pac Land.
>>
>>2812123
This was the first video game I ever beat. Even though I couldn't read yet I was somehow able to understand this game perfectly, while my brothers in high school couldn't even get the milk. It's a wonder I wasn't diagnosed with autism.
>>
File: great meme.jpg (97 KB, 633x640) Image search: [Google]
great meme.jpg
97 KB, 633x640
>>2824147
>MFW played a lot of NES games, but don't recognize most of these games

It was so hard, when all you had was an emulator and a folder full of games. You had no clue which ones were good so you just had to experiment and try them all. NES library has a staggering amount of shitty games.
>>
>>2824147
It's lacking Super Turrican.
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.