[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
MSX
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4
File: hitbit.jpg (6 KB, 275x183) Image search: [Google]
hitbit.jpg
6 KB, 275x183
Is there any multicarts or similar for MSX?

otherwise MSX general.
>>
>>2811301
please post here:
>>2646743
>>
>>2811306
Quit pushing your shit thread onto everyone. People are entitled to make their own threads.
>>
>>2811394
His "shit" thread has been the last bastion of hope for this toilet since he started doing them a couple years ago. Show some respect, faggot.
>>
>>2811512
The only thing he started was running decent threads to the ground.
I used to participate in Japanese PC threads before someone couldn't let them die in peace when their time was over.
>>
>>2811515
So, what makes this one any more deserving of life if the topic is run into the ground?
>>
>>2811543
Who says the topic needs is run into the ground? There's plenty of room to talk about MSX games, I haven't done so in ages.
I just played Xanadu for a bit. For some reason the MSX1 cartridge is better than the MSX2 disk but it's a nice game in any version.
>>
>>2811301
The megaflash is supposed to be good. I've got one on its way to me. Looking for a msx2 ATM as I only have msx 1s
>>
Anyone know a good place to DL cassette tape data rips/ the best way to record cassettes (I only have a stereo deck not a mono)?
>>
I've owned an MSX2 for three years but I've never plugged it in. Should I get one of those step down things or am I worrying too much? Also, I wish I had researched the state of MSX collecting, it's almost as bad as Neo•Geo AES.
>>
>>2811561
A...Adol?? Adol The Red?
>>
There is a flash cart for MSX but you'd be better off starting with a floppy emulator.
>>
>>2811710
There are hidden bonuses in Xanadu depending on your name.
http://xanalabo.sakura.ne.jp/techs/name.html
>>
>>2811679
CasLink2 will take dumped cassette data (you can find rips at places like The Old Computer) and write them so you can play the recordings back in a number of ways: http://www.finnov.net/~wierzbowsky/caslink2.htm

Meanwhile, dumping MSX cassette games is a variable process. Here's what users on the MSX Resource Center forums did to make a working rip of Okhotsk no Kiyu: http://www.msx.org/forum/msx-talk/general-discussion/dumping-msx-cassette-game?page=0

I'm not well versed in MSX cassette stuff (X1 and PC-6xxx are both more dependent on the format, as MSX is mostly floppy-/cartridge-based), so consider this a cursory search. There's definitely options for conversion back-and-forth, though not as much as you'll get fir C64/ZX Spectrum tapes.

>>2811394
I was at work when this Anon posted the cross-link.

>>2811717
Are you referring to the HxC device? Very nifty.
>>
>>2812576
Thanks, appreciate the advice
>>
>>2811394
I agree with this desu senpai
>>
>>2812576
>(you can find rips at places like The Old Computer)
Isn't that just a site that takes commonly available sets like No Intro or TOSEC and hides them behind a registration wall?
>>
>>2813321
>No Intro or TOSEC
>commonly available
I wish.
>>
>>2813376
It's on the archive.
https://archive.org/details/No-Intro-Collection_2015-03-03
>>
File: NMS-8245 (1).jpg (184 KB, 1024x704) Image search: [Google]
NMS-8245 (1).jpg
184 KB, 1024x704
bit the bullet and bought one of these today. Was sick of only having a 1
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.