[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
what does the fox in zelda who says 'grumble grumble' want?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 5
File: fox.png (2 KB, 256x168) Image search: [Google]
fox.png
2 KB, 256x168
what does the fox in zelda who says 'grumble grumble' want?
>>
>>2811108
slab of meat

get some from the store
>>
>>2811114
which one? i never visited a shop that sells meat
>>
>>2811119
oh i just googled. the shop where i bought the blue ring?
>>
>>2811124
got it! thanks guys
>>
>fox
>>
>>2811129
multiple shops sell meat, they might differe in cost though IIRC.
>>
How can you not piece this together?

Somebody needs to make a documentary about Zelda's puzzle philosophy that briefly takes us through a tour of this puzzle.

Q. What is the probability of a player not having entered a shop with sirloin meat slab by the time they are this far into the game?
>>
>>2811291
it's a pig right?
>>
>>2811937

How would you know he wants the piece of meat?

It's not like he's saying "I'm hungry" He's just saying "grumble grumble"

And it's not like buying the meat is a great impulse buy. Even if you've purchased it before, if you use it it's gone. So the incentive to buy it to try it on the moblin isn't great since if it doesn't work it's a waste of money.

It's definitely an obtuse puzzle for an obtuse game. It requires trial and error more than actual deduction skills.
>>
>>2813682
the worst are those random switches that you have to turn
>>
>>2813682
>It's not like he's saying "I'm hungry" He's just saying "grumble grumble"

How can you get the first part absolutely correct, but not use that same logic for the second?

>it's not like he's saying "I'm hungry"

Because he doesn't talk.

>he just says "grumble grumble"

No, because he doesn't talk. Nobody ever actually says "grumble grumble" even if they can talk. What's something that grumbles?
>>
>>2813697
i thought he was angry so he grumble grumbled and i attacked him lol. shitty puzzle. its like those puzzles in 1953 kgb that dont make any sense without looking them up.
>>
File: what, indeed.png (98 KB, 199x215) Image search: [Google]
what, indeed.png
98 KB, 199x215
>>2811108
>>
>>2813701
>i thought he was angry

So what's the one item that affects enemy behavior?
>>
>>2813709
poke flute
>>
>>2813715
That had no effect on anything except Digdugger and even then didn't change his behaviour.

The meat changes enemy priority, including Goriyas.

You have more than enough clues to figure this out and even if you're stupid, you'd have to have eventually used it just because there are only so many items in the game to use.
>>
>>2813732
idk this games puzzles are stupid. why would anyone buy meat when you have potions? only an autist like you would get butthurt over this. RIP
>>
>>2813742
Meat and potions use different slots and do different things.
>>
>>2813762
>autism intensifies
triggered?
>>
>>2813682
You're supposed to call Ninendo hotline for help goy
>>
>>2813769
Not particularly, you?
>>
Does anyone know what "grumble grumble" was in Japanese? I'm guessing it was one of those onomatopoeia sound effects that they use in manga a lot and everyone knows it means "stomach rumbling from hunger."

Mostly I think Zelda whiners are just being lame but this one I'm willing to concede is just too weird. Even after I knew what to do as a kid I didn't understand the text.
>>
>>2813793
I already pointed out how either of the ways you can take "grumble" to mean would lead you to using the meat.

Pick whichever one you want, nothing is weird about it. You want a valid translation bone to pick, go with the ones about peninsulas or Pols Voices.
>>
>>2813808
Yes, I'm aware you can construct a possible train of thought that would lead you to the conclusion. That doesn't mean it's well designed and free from criticism.

"This puzzle is too hard" != "this puzzle is impossible for anyone to figure out."
>>
File: RetroArch-1123-204132.png (95 KB, 1439x540) Image search: [Google]
RetroArch-1123-204132.png
95 KB, 1439x540
>>2813682
>Even if you've purchased it before, if you use it it's gone
False. The only time the bait disappears is when feeding it to that one specific goriya. Any other time it's an infinite use item. You would've known this if you actually sat down and played the game instead of watching a playthrough/rushing through it like a retard.
>>
>>2813697
>what is onomatopoeia

>>2813769
>autism maymay
>triggering

k i l l y o u r s e l f
>>
>>2813682
"Grumble grumble" is an onomatopoeia.
The soung is coming from his stomach, not his mouth.
>>
>>2813732
>meat causes enemies to move.
>Goriya needs to specifically move to progress.

Well done. You just made everyone here saying its cryptic look stupid by using logic.

/thread

Zelda Pros: I
Zelda noobs:
>>
File: zelda1_120407.jpg (38 KB, 640x532) Image search: [Google]
zelda1_120407.jpg
38 KB, 640x532
>>2813793
ブツブツ is like muttering or complaining (or grumbling), so it's pretty hard to say what he wants. The stomach being hungry sound effect would've been グ~.
>>
>>2814240
Thanks for that bro. Not that guy btw.
>>
>>2813852
>what is onomatopoeia

The concept I was referring to at the end of my post.
>>
okay yall so now I got the triforce and now what? this game is nice and all and really really liked it, but it doesn't make much sense, does it?
>>
>>2814240
Was the dungeon color changed?
>>
>>2814476
Yeah. It's not just your stomach that grumbles, and grumbling is typically associated with anger. You could argue he's cranky because he's hungry, but what kid is going to think of that? "My stomach hurts" would have worked way better.
>>
>>2814240
The pic I posted is blue, but mine was actually beige and now this is green.
Maybe this has to do with second quest?
Or are there multiple meat holes that you have to fill in the game?
>>
>>2811108
Lots of yiffing.
>>
He's mumbling insults about your mother.
>>
File: zelda0053.png (3 KB, 256x224) Image search: [Google]
zelda0053.png
3 KB, 256x224
>>2817687
>>2817439
I'm not really sure, and it's been years since I've actually played through it so I can't remember stuff like the dungeon colors. I'm just googling this stuff.

>The Hungry Goriya is a character from The Legend of Zelda. It is a red Goriya that blocks Link's path in Level 7 during the first quest, and Levels 3 and 8 during the Second Quest. The only way to gain passage past this Goriya is to feed it Food.
Okay, it seems like the OP picture is from Level 3 of the Second Quest at least, so I don't think the dungeon colors were changed between JP/US releases.
>>
>>2819821
That makes sense. 3 dungeons where you could meat him and we have people with the green, beige and blue dungeons.
>>
>>2811108
For Link to get back in mid tier where he belongs.
>>
>>2813843
>tfw you'll never give Princess Zelda the meat on the bone
>>
>>2813676
He's a Goriya, he got sick of throwing boomerangs and did something else.
>>
>>2817517
>"My stomach hurts" would have worked way better.

>bring him potion aka medicine
>it doesn't do any good
>back to square one
>>
>>2820529
or read grumble grumble on the screen and attack him because his angry
>>
>>2820489
gorilla?
gozilla?
looks like a warthog
>>
This is the only puzzle in this game that is bullshit
Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.