[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I decided to play through some of the Settlers series. Is the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: settlers.png (1 MB, 1281x1078) Image search: [Google]
settlers.png
1 MB, 1281x1078
I decided to play through some of the Settlers series. Is the first game worth it? I saw some videos and it doesn't look like it aged well. I'm currently playing the gog version of Settlers II HD and it's pretty fun, but I'm having to rely on the manual a little.
>>
>>2811070
1 is trash, 2 is good, 3 is alright, as is 4.

Ultimately it's an average slow-paced series
>>
>>2811086
I meant Gold, not HD
>>
Settlers 3 and 4 are the coziest games I've ever played in my life. Nothing like watching those little fatties build their villages while you drink some cocoa and it's snowing outside.
>>
>>2811086
There was a fan engine remake but I forgot how playable it was.
There's also a 3D remake.

1 has some interesting aspects like the maps wrapping around and the road system works differently. The main problem I had was the lack of comfort features compared to 2. Particularly the messages get difficulty to keep track of.
And the levels got insanely long and repetitive.
>>
>>2811174
Didn't 2 have map wrapping as well?
>>
>>2811198
No, Return to the Roots.
http://www.siedler25.org/index.php?com=dynamic&mod=1&lang=en&PHPSESSID=ap2asp3aeonma27fel20s333q2
>>
>>2811174
>>2811198
Yea I had trouble playing through 2's campaign until I found out about the super fast forward cheat. Sometimes shit just takes too long.
>>
>>2811210
Can you speed it up with DOSbox?
What I used to do is let it run over night. I have no idea how I managed to beat it on the family computer.
>>
>>2811229
I'm pretty sure you can speed it up with DOSbox but it's easier to just type WINTER and then ALT+1-6. I never considered it cheating because most games in this genre have those open to use.
>>
I love Die Siedler, but I think the oldest I've played as 4. With the gods and mayans and stuff. My grandmother loved the one with amazons.
>>
How do you feel about VALHALLA HILLS?
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.