[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone know a way to open Nes carts without the specific screw bit?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (906 KB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
906 KB, 3264x2448
Anyone know a way to open Nes carts without the specific screw bit?
>>
hacksaw
>>
But seriously, get the necessary screw-bit, that's how they're put together and that's how they're disassembled.
>>
>>2808065
You'll need a 3.8mm security bit screwdriver. The cart was designed that way, no short cuts. If you don't care about condition, throw it against the wall a few times, you might have to pay to patch the wall up though. NES carts are tough.
>>
>>2808075

The "Bic pen/lighter" method will work, but be prepared to go through as many as one per screw (the same amount again potentially on reassembly).
>>
>>2808080

Why the fuck was the reference post deleted?

What the fuck, Jannys.
>>
>>2808080
The screwdriver is about $4.30 on amazon. Seems like less money and effort to use that as opposed 4-10 lighters.
>>
>How do I open this without a tool specific for the purpose I need?

Jee I fucking wonder.

You go on eBay and buy a gamebit.

Otherwise you can drill out the screws and replace them with your crazy inferior phillips heads later.
>>
>>2808090
you mean pens right?
You don't need multiple lighters
>>
>>2808090

Bic _pens_, mang. Pens.
>>
Seriously OP, I got two of them, the smaller SNES/NES/GB and the larger Genesis/N64 bits for like $4 (including shipping) on amazon. Just shell out the money and do it properly. You'll be able to open all of your games and systems for thorough cleaning/repair if you do.
>>
>>2808096
>>2808097
No no no. Melt the lighter to fit into the screw head. What could go wrong?
>>
>>2808109

Bic pen guy here. This is the more sensible option, OP. The pen method is only a poorfag last-resort.
>>
>>2808086

Oh, I deleted it sorry.
I didn't know if I was remembering correctly.

>>2808080
Thanks for clarifying
>>
>>2808065
Bic pen method is shit tier. Stick a rubber band over the screw and use a small security or Allen head bit
>>
>>2808065
This guy is an expert at opening video games
http://www.game-hits.com/articles/pat/102600greatestgamehits.html
>>
>>2808114
[spoilers]I've actually had a [non bic] lighter explode in my hand because I was dripping molten plastic onto it; I was melting one of those orange fences you see at construction sites and ski resorts and listening to the burning plastic fall to the ground, sounds like a zipper. Hooray alcohol[/spoilers]
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.