[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Was the Sega Saturn really that amazing that it's worth
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3
Was the Sega Saturn really that amazing that it's worth getting even now, or was that just some old embellishment?

If it was, how can I tell if it is the original or "good" version? Is the box different?
>>
Like with any other console, it's only worth getting if there's games on it that you want to play.

The reason it became so precious to modern collectors is because it was a relatively obscure console in the west that many people missed back in the day, which actually got good support in Japan, it's the PC Engine of the 5th gen.
>>
>>2807091
I forgot to specify, I was talking about the controller

I often hear how it's one of the best
>>
>>2807092

Oh, yeah definitely, I can confirm that.
I think it's my favorite controller period. The size, the shape, the d-pad (best thing on it), the buttons, the shoulder buttons... it's perfect.

The model 2 or the japanese one is the way to go, the model 1 american/european model is different.
>>
File: 0408_1_300.jpg (25 KB, 300x225) Image search: [Google]
0408_1_300.jpg
25 KB, 300x225
>>2807095
Can you help me identify which one this could be?
>>
>>2807101

that looks like a non-official 3rd party controller... I'd say go for an official one like the one in your OP pic.
>>
>>2807112
I see, thanks, you helped a lot!
>>
It'd be way better if they added a tiny bit of weight to the controller so you don't feel like you're going to crush it every time you press a button.

Something about it where you can feel how hollow it is.
>>
File: halp.png (280 KB, 964x763) Image search: [Google]
halp.png
280 KB, 964x763
>>2807081
i dont want to make a new thread so im gonna post it here, any advice for best experience when it comes to graphic options?
>>
>>2807126
And those shoulder buttons that feel like they're just going to fall off or something!
I mean it sits in your hands great, plays great, but yeah that controller just feels anything but solid.
>>
>>2807081
I have a gray/blue and white one. Are they japanese or American controllers?
>>
>>2807184
As far as I know the American ones are all black regardless of what version.
>>
>>2807168

Yeah that's my problem. It feels so featherweight and kind of cheap.

It's still one of my favorite controllers ever. If it didn't feel flimsy (even though it's not) it could easily be my favorite of all time.
>>
>>2807101
>>2807112
It's an official pad released by Ozisoft, who were "Sega of Australia". It's a rebrand of some third party pad. I haven't used one, so I don't know the quality.

and lol, vatera. Saturns are getting harder and harder to find in Hungary.
>>
>>2807184
>>2807190
Grey ones are Japanese model 1 pads.
White ones are Japanese model 2 pads.
Black ones are US/EU model 2 pads.

There are also other variants - transparent Cool pad (for Skeleton units), JVC pads (V-Saturns), Hitachi pads (Hi-Saturns). They are all the same other than the colour and logo, though.
>>
>>2807129
kek
>>
Hey guys where can i get a original or 3rd party USB compatible Saturn (or Saturn like) controller ?
>>
>>2807212

Oops, I didn't know that, thanks for clarifying.
I'd still advice OP to go for the regular model 2 pads.

>>2807205
>>2807168

I don't mind the light weight, in fact I like it. But yeah they do seem like they're fragile especially the ABC buttons, they're a bit loose after you've played for a while, but it's just the impression you get, the performance is still excellent.
I love the clicky shoulder buttons, they seem firm enough to me.
>>
>>2807129
1 "Like" for you my friend
>>
>>2807235
The official saturn usb pads go for $100+ on ebay. Your best bet is a saturn to usb adapter, I think mayflash makes one that most people speak well of.
>>
>>2807127
>i dont want to make a new thread[instead of finding the one it actually belongs in]
As expected from someone unwilling to bother with proper capitialization
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.