[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Mechwarrior/Mechcommander Thread anyone?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: timberwolf.jpg (201 KB, 1053x1442) Image search: [Google]
timberwolf.jpg
201 KB, 1053x1442
Favorite mech?
Favorite level?
Least favorite level?
Favorite game/expansion pack?
>>
Mechwarrior 2 is one of my favorite games. I play it quite a bit.

Recently, I tried beating the game using only a Firemoth and no starmates. Some missions (like the fourteenth mission of the jade falcon campaign) were a real pain in the ass to get right, but it was a lot of fun. I'll never use a heavy again.

Right now, I'm trying to do the same thing on hard. It's going about as well so far, as I'm a lot better at using the Firemoth now than I was when I started.

GBL is, unfortunately, garbage. Mercenaries is fun but I can't seem to get it to work acceptably on my computer.
>>
>>2807084
Nothing like cruising at 312kph in a MASCd out Firemoth.

I sleep with my Titanium Trilogy cds next to my bed. Honestly Mercs was and is my favourite game of all time. Ill leave the goddamn cave before the patrol passes if I please.
>>
>>2807084
Do you use MechVM? Mine runs fine so long as you dont alt tab out of it. Theres tons of workarounds posted at Mech2.org I think its still up
>>
>>2807084
Look for Mechwarrior Quadrilogy on torrentz by a group named R.G. Catalyst. All the Mechwarrior 2 games work like a charm, can't say much for the others though
>>
File: error.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
error.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
Anyone know how to get around this error in DOSBOX? Doesn't seem to want to launch, even with the CD in the drive.
>>
>>2807194
Mount the ISO as a CD drive. Some games might need you to mount it with a label. Read the dosbox manual for commands.
>>
>>2806994
Commander 1, nothing but Commando and Fireflys mounting PPCs and MGs.
>>
>>2808629

I don't remember MC1 having either MGs or Fireflys
>>
>>2807128
I use MechVM; the problem is that the iso I have is for the 8 bit version of the game and MechVM's compatibility is limited.

I've made a couple of attempts to just buy the game but I'm not going to do it unless the seller can make me confident that I'm getting the right disc, which has yet to happen.

I'll try the torrent mentioned above. Mechwarrior 2 is one of my favorite games and the little that I've played of Mercenaries seems right up my alley.

GBL, though... I hate GBL. The underwater mission and the space missions were so awful that they ruined the game for me. In fact, I got stuck in the geometry of the underwater mission so many times that I just skipped the damn thing.

I never bothered to play the extra missions.
>>
>>2806994
M2 Mercenaries is a perfect video game
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.