[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What do you think about this website and the "service"
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: retroachievements.png (324 KB, 959x648) Image search: [Google]
retroachievements.png
324 KB, 959x648
What do you think about this website and the "service" it offers?

I mean, I literally just found this and created an account and I think those could be used as a sort of "new challenge" for some games.

Currently replaying Mega Man X.

What are your opinions /vr/? I don't know if this topic has already been discussed here.
>>
>>2805832
For clarification, this website offers some modified emulators that connect to a server that gives out Achievements for some old snes/megadrive/gb(a) games.
>>
>Achievements

Sounds gay
>>
File: _JEE7016[1].jpg (66 KB, 750x498) Image search: [Google]
_JEE7016[1].jpg
66 KB, 750x498
I already successfully achieved all of my goals and mailed Polaroids of them to Activision
>>
>>2805853

Agree. OP is feygele.
>>
>>2805867
>>2805853
>>2805853

Welp, the interesting part for me is the added challenge, not the e-penis meter.
>>
I really don't care about achievements.
>>
>>2805870
>the interesting part for me is the added challenge

You're an idiot
>>
>>2805879
Ok
>>
>>2805870

And each challenge you could've come up with yourself. No automated website-based dick-measurer required.
>>
>>2805870
Why not think of your own challenges?
>>
>>2805832
I'd rather just do specific challenge runs than try to do 41 achievements. Hell I guarantee 2/3 of them are something that's either extremely tedious instead of challenging or really mundane things like beating a level.
>>
>>2805890
>>2806723
This. If anything it could be marginally useful to get ideas f or your own challenges. I say "marginally" because most achievements I've seen listed there are stuff like "pressed Start at the title screen". As it stands, it's just a site to strike egos of people who grew up with modern systems and are thus used to everything being "social" and tied to a narcissistic profile.
>>
I really like their high-score and speedrun leaderboards, this is something I genuinely miss in retro consoles. But yeah I'm not using that emulator, I also strongly doubt it's completely 100% cheat free.
>>
>>2805832
Achievements have always been stupid.

I turned off the notifications for them on my PS4/PS3 because it was just popping up and being genuinely annoying.

Why you'd want to use some shitty emulator probably loaded with spyware so you can jerk yourself off on some shitty website I don't know.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.