[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Ocarina or Majora?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2
File: Figure_1.png (98 KB, 338x284) Image search: [Google]
Figure_1.png
98 KB, 338x284
Ocarina or Majora?
>>
File: sage.this.thread.gif (14 KB, 93x31) Image search: [Google]
sage.this.thread.gif
14 KB, 93x31
yes
>>
The Adventure of Link
>>
>>2805502
Both
I like to think of them as companion titles that go hand in hand like Sonic 3 and Sonic and Knuckles
>>
>>2805502
They're very different.
I prefer OoT, but MM is still a masterpiece.
>>
>>2805502
They're my two favorite Zelda games, but MM is my favorite game of all time.
I mean check the shading on that art for MM Link. I just like the aesthetics of MM so much more.
>>
>>2805509
Good choice, I like you.
>>
>>2805712
This.
MM is one of the best sequels imo, they had the perfect opportunity to just rehash OoT and instead they released something wildly different. Also I love that the game assumes you've played OoT
>>
>>2805712

This is the best answer, to be honest. It's also how I originally played them.
>>
Majora would be the best of the two if it had better dungeons. Ocarina has a lot of really great ones, but Majora only really has one that's above average.
>>
>>2805502

Ocarina (my favorite game of all time), but I love both.
>>
>>2805502
I only rented OoT and owned MM so I played it to death. MM.
>>
nether one
>>
You need them together.

Majora is better but you need Ocarina for gameplay context.

It's like Star Wars. Empire Strikes Back is the superior film but you wouldn't watch it stand alone without seeing A New Hope first.
>>
>>2805502
OOT

Don't like MM as much.
>>
For me oof is that great journey that you really have to experience. Majora has great system but some people may notice not like 'starting over ' I personally loved it, as it was so unusual. Kinda like loz 2 but in a goood way. Also what is the definition of insanity...
>>
>>2805502
Given how the aesthetics, controls, engines and characters are so similar, I always treated them as a single game with two parts.
>>
>>2806456
>I always treated them as a single game with two parts

Originally, OoT was going to be a game with 'two parts', with more sidequests being added later through the 64DD. MM was created when this plan was scrapped.
>>
>>2806473
You sure you aren't thinking of master quest/URA Zelda bullshit? They promised a bunch of crazy stuff, like keeping your footprints on the sand in the beach (what's the point?) and being able to draw on masks, signposts, rearrange rocks and pots, etc.
>>
>>2805785
Which one? Also, how do you define "better"? The difficulty?
>>
>>2805502
OoT is the base of Zelda 3D, while MM is the crazyness that you can do it with the basics.
My favorite Zelda is MM, but in order to it to be a better experience you need to have played OoT first.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.