[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This was the best game
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 7
File: Donkey_Kong_NES_Screenshot.png (2 KB, 256x224) Image search: [Google]
Donkey_Kong_NES_Screenshot.png
2 KB, 256x224
This was the best game
>>
File: FNP_BFH_014221[1].jpg (125 KB, 432x348) Image search: [Google]
FNP_BFH_014221[1].jpg
125 KB, 432x348
>>2805337
>>
I like DK Junior better.
>>
File: Donkey_Kong_Jr._(arcade_game).png (2 KB, 224x256) Image search: [Google]
Donkey_Kong_Jr._(arcade_game).png
2 KB, 224x256
No, this is.
>>
Are the NES donkey kong games worth playing or shitty arcade ports?
>>
>>2805408

They're pretty good. Remember DK and DK Jr. are arcade games from before the Famicom launched, they even have good ports on Coleco Vision (just stay away from the Atari 2600 version)

The best, or most arcade-perfect port of the original DK is probably the one in DK64 though.
>>
File: RetroArch-1119-085853.png (5 KB, 640x576) Image search: [Google]
RetroArch-1119-085853.png
5 KB, 640x576
>>
File: Pica_Pic___Donkey_Kong[1].png (2 MB, 947x1154) Image search: [Google]
Pica_Pic___Donkey_Kong[1].png
2 MB, 947x1154
I like this one better.
>>
>>2805348
>is
he said was, you took the bait
>>
>>2805428
I wish I could make retroarch work. I tried but damn I hate troubleshooting stuff for days and not getting anywhere.
>>
>>2805640

Oh, look, Charlie Chaplain!
>>
>>2805408
NES DK Jr has all 4 levels
NES DK is missing pie factory
>>
>>2805408
the nes version of dk is easymode

barrel ai isn't as aggressive

it's possible to "hide" on ladders if you find the right spot

conveyor belt stage is missing

all the stages appear on the first level instead of a new stage being added with each new level

the difficulty (speed, time left on the timer) doesn't increase when you beat a level

probably other things different as well but those are the main ones i remember
>>
>>2805337
Not best really but this game is the one that got me into gaming. That following christmas I got my NES and original Mario Bros. cemented a life long friendship with the industry. Not saying Mario Bros. is the best either. It's a good game anon.
>>
>>2805570

Did you have trouble getting it to work as in "customized shaders just the way I like", or could you not even get games to launch?

I found it pretty easy to setup, what distro do you use?
>>
>>2806403
Not sure about district but I managed to get games to work (establishing refresh rates and all), downloaded a few cores, but some games refused to work with different cores, and then the shades refused to work. And saving and loading my configuration didn't work as it should have (I had to keep loading them).

It was fun. But I could get desired results elsewhere with far less trouble.
>>
>>2806441

Distro is short for linux distribution... yeah... Retroarch seems to be made first and foremost for Linux, I know they make builds for the botnet but I get the feeling they're more of a second-class citizen.

What worked for me was to use emulationstation as a frontend, and then manually specifying the configuration file for each system in the es_systems file.

Also I found that the retroarch cores for fifth-gen and up suck donkey balls, I just call mupen64plus, pcsx-r and mame directly instead of the broken retroarch cores
>>
>>2805348
yeah, my vote.
>>
File: 1447641688022.jpg (40 KB, 824x464) Image search: [Google]
1447641688022.jpg
40 KB, 824x464
>>2805570
Start with basic linux distros and don't get down on yourself for being retarded. Everyone else solves your problem in an hour or three. Buy a raspberry pi 2 if you need a starter kit.
>>
>>2805428
>get far/beat DKGB
>start a new game
>obliterate the early levels with all the moves you learn

god damn it I loved this game.
>>
File: donkeykong.jpg (9 KB, 190x173) Image search: [Google]
donkeykong.jpg
9 KB, 190x173
DONKEY KONG SUCKS
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.