[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/vr/, what's the best way to play GB games on original hardware
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 5
File: 355161241400.jpg (136 KB, 500x706) Image search: [Google]
355161241400.jpg
136 KB, 500x706
/vr/, what's the best way to play GB games on original hardware with decent lighting?

Pic related. Thinking of trying a GBL or frontlight modding my GBC or Pocket. There's gotta be something better than my shitty worm light
>>
GBA SP.
>>
If you can get one, get the backlit SP, the model number is AGS-101 (most SPs are AGS-001). Wipes the floor with all the other gameboys.
>>
Isn't the 3ds suppose to have nice emulator?
>>
gameboy player with gameboy interface
>>
I frontlit modded my GBC and it really isn't worth it. Sure, I can SORTA see it at night, and I can SORTA see it during the day, but all the colors are incredibly washed out. I think this can be sorta solved by dimming the light, but I have it dimmed as far as I can already(without the light turning off), and it barely helped.
I'd say SP or modding a SP screen into a GBA, I guess.
>>
>>2797513
this is the best model for sure, at least in screen quality and visibility

>>2797525
I'd argue that Super Game Boy is better for most things, though it won't play GBC games unfortunately.

Random thought: does the rumble still go if you play Pokemon Pinball on a Game Boy Player or Super Game Boy? Further, will the Game Boy Player detect it and provide (if used) rumble to the GC controller instead?

I personally want a Game Boy Light, because I think it screams coziness. I'm hoping a friend of mine in Japan can find one for me and send it my way.

While we're on the subject of lighting for portables, why is the Light Boy so finicky? The thing gets dimmer or brighter by the most minute of movements.
>>
File: DSC_3049.jpg (135 KB, 635x800) Image search: [Google]
DSC_3049.jpg
135 KB, 635x800
>>2797539
>modding a SP screen into a GBA
Can also just try a grip on an SP if spreading your hands more for comfort is what you want.
>>
>>2797552
That looks like some sort of GBA Onahole. Cute!
>>
>>2797539
Nintendo used frontlights themselves with the early model SPs. Somethings wrong with yours.
>>
>>2797552
What game is this? What grip is this?
>>
>>2797670
What the heck is an onahole?
>>
>>2797542
Isn't the Super Gameboy suppose to play games slower?
>>
>>2797797
False vagina/asshole.
>>
File: Jankyuusei.jpg (70 KB, 394x500) Image search: [Google]
Jankyuusei.jpg
70 KB, 394x500
>>2797719
Jankyuusei
Mahjong with some of the Doukyuusei and Kakyuusei casts.
>>
File: GBA SP Big Deal Pak.jpg (291 KB, 1080x1271) Image search: [Google]
GBA SP Big Deal Pak.jpg
291 KB, 1080x1271
>>2797719
>>
File: 25591_1211876429.png (4 KB, 300x274) Image search: [Google]
25591_1211876429.png
4 KB, 300x274
>>2798078
>100% Game Juice
>>
>>2797962
On the contrary, it plays them ever so slightly faster. I personally can't tell the difference without seriously looking for the difference in pitch or whatever, but if you're the type to notice things being very slightly off, the Super Gameboy 2 plays games at the correct speed.
>>
I have an older model 001 GBA SP and it is good for old GB games too. The color from the back light is a little washed out but if you are using it primarily to play mono GB games then it will suffice.
>>
>>2798078
>100% Game Juice
What?
>>
id you absolutely need a light on the game boy, the front-lit SP is the way to go. I still think nothing beats the picture quality of a game boy color lit by sunlight or a soft diffused lamp, the colors are just so perfect
>>
>>2797475
Any of the things you listed would be better than an external front light.
>>
>>2797552
I like the sp because you can play pokémon with one hand while taking a shit.
>>
Outside. Seriously, all Game Boys up to the SP were designed to be played with natural sunlight. Didn't really work in the winter, but that was what the Super Game Boy was for.
>>
>>2798078
Me and my sister had this. It came with pac-man collection.
>>
If I GIS that, will I find a vaporwave album cover?
>>
>>2798093
>>2798146
sounds like someone hasn't known the pleasure of playing with 100% game juice. accept no substitutes.
>>2798116
you're right on both counts, the difference is negligible. the only reason to get v.2 would be the link cable.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.