[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Blood Monolith
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: hqdefault.jpg (11 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
11 KB, 480x360
I'm currently playing BloodCM and wondering if there are any other remakes that I should try.
>>
>>2796254
>BloodCM
b8
>>
No but you should be playing the real game instead.
>>
for blood in general, I love the sound and ambient design in this game, if you play with the music off there so much interesting sound you wont need it
>>
>>2796912
The real game is what I played first. I love so much the original Blood that I feel the need to try the remakes. Zblood was fun even with all the limitations and lately I have been playing bloodcm.
>>
>>2796979
Why don't you try playing the Death Wish fan expansion? It's amazing.
>>
>>2796254
Get the GOG download of the actual game, torrent it even.

BloodCM is actually really crude and doesn't work properly in every sense.
I mean, it's lightyears ahead of ZBlood, but it's still pretty meh.
>>
>>2796961

Try the MIDI soundtrack with Gravis Ultrasound- not many do and it's a whole other level of fucking awesome.

>>2797040

I wonder if Bloatoid is ever going to finish 1.4?
>>
>>2797040
Thanks, I will try that expansion after I finish the game I'm currently playing. Looks great.
>>
Am I the only one who prefers the midi soundtrack over CD? It's remarkable how the latter is so dull and depressing and how different they are in comparison.
>>
>>2797864
I think it's common knowledge among Blood fans that the midi soundtrack is better
>>
>>2797259
I've heard the Steam version is shit, isn't it the same as the GOG version?
>>
>>2797864
midi is miles superior. not only is it better but there are also more tracks. the cd music often grates on my nerves. only one or two tracks are better on the cd version. not to mention the cd version doesn't loop if a full song is played during a level. it will only start playing again if you reload the level.

blood's midi music is actually fucking amazing. I love it. note I'm specifically talking about the high quality midi music as there are different versions depending on the audio card setting.
>>
>>2797967
They're both the same game packaged with Dosbox, yes. There is no 'steam version' or 'GOG version'. There is only blood.exe.
>>
>>2797967
The whole fuss around the release of the Steam version was out of proportion. People complained it was a 'shit release' etc. It's not, it's the original game, period. Exactly like on GoG.
Now I understand everyone being mad at the absence of sourceport, but that doesn't change the quality of the game and that release, and the only thinig you could complain about is that for Blood to run smoothly at a resolution other than 320*200 in DOSbox you need a computer that's not too old.

Honestly I'd rather have the original DOS game than a Half-assed port like Megaton. Then again, the Megaton release also leaves the possibility to play the DOS version, what I mean is, would we get an official sourceport, there is no chance it would be of the quality the game deserves. The only way a truely good sourceport can happen is if the sourcecode is released.
>>
>>2799224
>and the only thinig you could complain about is that for Blood to run smoothly at a resolution other than 320*200 in DOSbox you need a computer that's not too old.
you're speaking as an older gamer that grew up on these games. we played these games at 320x200 as kids and were perfectly fine with it, but "kids these days" can't handle that at all, nor can they can't even handle 800x600, or even 1024x768. I'd wager that not being able to play the game at 1080p60 (with perfect mouse aim) is extremely off-putting to modern PC kids.

on top of that they'd find it difficult to set this game up. having to access setup.exe via dosbox will come off as archaic to kids that are used to having all their settings right inside the main game's menu. many won't even know setup.exe exists. Again, it's different for us because we grew up on all these old DOS games so we'd know about these things.

blood has an in-game control menu setup but you're extremely limited to what you can do in it compared to the control options you get in setup.exe. one example is that you can't bind mouse rightclick to alternate fire within the menu. you can try right clicking when you have key prompt for alt fire selected but it won't do anything.
>>
>>2799297
There is no need to go above 800*600 in Build games though, it doesn't really make a difference.

There is really nothing that hard to launch setup.exe, the Steam version might even have an option when launching the game like the gog.com has an icon for it. If it's really a problem i'm sure there are tons of tutorials or other helps on the Steam community guides
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.