[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
http://bsxproj.superfamicom.org/64d d/dump/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2
File: 64DD-Attached.jpg (2 MB, 2960x2360) Image search: [Google]
64DD-Attached.jpg
2 MB, 2960x2360
http://bsxproj.superfamicom.org/64dd/dump/
>>
>>2795972
I'm so glad LuigiBlood was as dedicated as he was to this project. Following OzOnE's gradual work on it was cool but kinda disheartening with how close he was getting but never quite succeeding. I was pleasantly surprised Krikzz bothered adding support for the 64DD conversions, I wasn't sure the ED64 would even be capable of it, but I guess it just shows that marshallh was kinda full of shit with his overhyping and overcharging for the 64drive.
>>
>>2795972
oh it's this thread again

thanks for the repost, I'll download these I guess
>>
>>2795972
In other breaking news the N64 was released
>>
So the OS for the N64 can run the DD games now without the attachment?
>>
>>2796941
The 64 doesn't have an OS, but yes, with an Everdrive 64 or a 64drive, you can play the cart conversions of 64DD games.
>>
>>2796947
Well, I meant the OS on the flash card its self.

And that's pretty fucking cool. I can see the price of DD's dropping cause of this.

The only thing I wonder is the DD version of F-zero. Wasn't that just a crude form of DLC? Or does the DD version of F-zero contain the entire game plus the track editor?
>>
>>2796949
Yeah, it was just an expansion pack that only worked with the main game cart inserted, and added the editor and 12 new tracks. There have been hacks to play the 12 tracks in the base game for years, but afaik the track editor was never made to work.
>>
>>2796962
Hm, alright, so the DD isn't totally out of the picture yet for some things.

Still, very cool they got the games to run.
>>
>>2796965
I meant they never got the track editor to work before these dumps and cart conversions happened. Now it should all be working just fine, no reason to own a 64DD apart from the novelty/collectors value/authenticity/etc.
>>
>>2796970
Yeah, I suppose you're right.
>>
>>2796971
barley complete only how to play is translated https://github.com/PeterLemon/N64/tree/master/Translate/SimCity-64
>>
>>2796970
How does that work? One ED in the top with the game and one in the bottom with the exp pack?
>>
File: expan.gif (4 MB, 275x197) Image search: [Google]
expan.gif
4 MB, 275x197
Im gonna try a few of these on my everdrive.
Probably Doshin and the f zero expansion kit.
>>
>>2796864
Practically everyone behind the DD dumping project (Luigiblood included) came out and said there would be no way in hell the Everdrive would ever be capable of running any of them. Within three weeks Saturnu had them running through his alt menu and now they work through the official menu. I mean great for those guys that they wrote the dumper and converted most of the games to work without the DD, but they really humiliated themselves by being so confidently and absolutely wrong about the Everdrive.
>>
>>2797260
>came out and said
Source? This claim has been made here before and the source given was a post where they never said that. So real source?
>>
Ehhh, this is cooler from a historical perspective, I don't really care about any of those games. Sorry about being a negative nancy, I'll remove myself from the thread.
>>
>>2797297
The link in the OP at the bottom of the page for one: "Sorry Everdrive 64 folks, but this will just never work on your flashcart.".

There were a bunch of posts on assembler with more detail that I cannot be bothered sourcing. Stuff like "unless the ED64 happens to grow a couple of pins", because at that time DD saving was done through the 64Drive's USB port or something. I don't think there was much more than a thread or two about it there, so it shouldn't be hard to find.
>>
Do cart conversions and original dumps have loading times played through ED64?
>>
>>2798235
I've only tried F-Zero and Sim City, but both didn't have anything like that. Saving was quick as well.
>>
>>2798242
bump
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.