[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm going to babysit my little sister today and I'm
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 1
File: sonic 2 swap.png (181 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
sonic 2 swap.png
181 KB, 500x500
I'm going to babysit my little sister today and I'm thinking of bringing over my SNES and Everdrive to introduce her to some /vr/ games. Any suggestions that you think a 6 year old girl would like? I'm thinking we'll try some Kirby co-op and I'll show her what Mario is like. I may also show her Magical Pop'n since the game is cute.

Easier games are better than hard ones, she gets pissed off pretty quickly once she starts losing. Anything cute is especially good.
>>
>>2795626
Try tetris attack. game is p. cute and easy to an extent
uh hmm, try some of the disney games too like Aladdin, lion king, etc.
>>
>>2795634
Tetris Attack is a good one, thanks. I might show her the Lion King and Aladdin too and see what she thinks, though those ones might be a bit too hard.
>>
>>2795626
My niece loves the Magical Quest (Because its disney, also 3 has co-op) and the DKC trilogies.

She'll play any good looking platform games desu. This is probably
>>
Speedy Gonzalez?
>>
Pocky and Rocky 2
>>
>>2795682
Seriously she's 6, give her more credit, I'd say try out a couple of titles you think are easy
>>
if by Kirby Co-Op you mean Kirby Superstar then fuck yes, that game is amze-a-tits, the treasure hunting game is fucking awesome.
>>
Super James Pond
just kidding that game is like experiencing a Christmas themed Dante's Inferno, it never ends, ever.
>>
Super Mario Kart?

Super Bomberman games have 2 player coop story mode except 2 for some reason.
>>
>>2795891
I thought 2 did have co-op. Man it's been a while since I played those. I used to be so good I got better while drunk... alas the gaming skills of youth.

Oh how about a Donkey Kong Country game? Those were co-op and wicked as shit.
>>
>mention that your young autistic relatives enjoy certain video games
>MUST BE SHITPOSTING MEMERS

Great job, janitors.

As I said earlier, my autistic son (who's not very good at video games) found Zelda to be a good entry into video games, and another anon said his brother liked Kirby.
>>
>>2795906
who said anything about shitposting memers on this thread?
>>
bumping because this is actually a great topic.
Joe and Mac, that game about the gave men was fun as fuck. But you can damage eachother... that could be frustrating for a kid when she dies after killing you by accident(which she will find hilarious no doubt)
>>
>>2795626

I did something like this a few months ago with kids age and 4.
I played Aladdin fro SNES, beat the game in an hour even though I hadnt played it in 2 decades, and they had a nice time since they recognized most levels from the movies.
>>
>>2795939
There was a very similar thread earlier only GBA and a 4 yo girl
>>
>>2795894
It has a battle mode but the story mode is strictly single player. Levels in 2 are usually not squares they're irregular shapes and sometimes have long corridors so it would probably be easy to get trapped or killed if your teammate is being a jerk so that might explain the lack of coop. The other four games have levels that fit on a single screen with no corridors.
>>
>>2796019
I remember the level designs were brilliant. I must have played pass-on-death with my brother as kids, that's probably what's confusing me. I definitely remember playing through the game with him.
>>
>>2796018
Well sadly GBA isn't considered /vr/ yet.
>>
Super Ghouls'n Ghosts
>>
>>2795891
>Super Mario Kart?
Maximum coop comfiness achieved. The game's even better when you can bitch to a friend about the cheating AI.
>>
>>2796108
says who? it came out around ps2 and I swear I've seen threads for ps2 on here.
>>
>>2796162
>Retro gaming means consoles, computer games, arcade games (including pinball) and any other forms of video games on platforms launched in 1999 and earlier.
>With the release of the 8th generation of consoles, the Sega Dreamcast will now be considered "retro", though the remainder of the sixth generation (Xbox, PS2, GameCube) will not.
>>
>>2796162
early board discussion in /q/ in threads where I advocated counting GBA as retro but lost out, as well as a careful reading of the current sticky
>>
>>2796172
>>2796174
well shit, considering ps3 came out before today's high school seniors were entering junior I think it should count, but whatever I won't argue.
>>
>>2796162
>says who?
Says the 4chan staff. Read the fucking sticky.
>>
Bust-A-Move
>>
>>2795626

Play castle crashers co-op.

It's not retro but its what my kids enjoy playing with me.

Whatever game you pick make it a co-op one because that way if she loses she won't be frustrated with you and also you'll be able to carry her to an extent so she'll have more fun.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.