[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why Chakan was more popular back then? Why it's still quite
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3
File: 200px-Chakan_Coverart.png (136 KB, 200x283) Image search: [Google]
200px-Chakan_Coverart.png
136 KB, 200x283
Why Chakan was more popular back then?
Why it's still quite unknown?
>>
>>2795620
*was not
>>
Couldn't tell you op, but I can tell you that I love it. Maybe because the comic wasn't too popular, and it didn't have a cartoon
>>
The comic didn't really take off in comparison to say Spawn.
The game, probably due to lack of marketing and it being hard as fuck.
Personally I had it as a teen and was happy when I saw it in a local shop and picked it right back up.
>>
>>2795620

Because the gameplay is awful. I remember that I was hyped by the pictures in magazines back then (plus dual-wielding swords was so cool-looking), but when I tried it... oh boy, what a let down...!
>>
>>2795629
That isn't right either.
>>
>>2795659
This.

Chakan is the ultimate troll game. Looks friggin sweet and the main protag is pretty badass. But the difficulty is relentless from the start, instead of gradually scaling upwards like in similar games.

Despite knowing how shit I am at playing, I still occasionally boot it up and eventutually nope the fuck out. I'd rather play X-Men or something else anyway.
>>
>>2795620
>>2795629
Because it wasn't really that fun to play. It had a cool atmosphere and premise but the actual fighting and platforming was pretty shit.
>>
This game was just a rental. Its kind of a cool character obviously, but they didn't spend enough time on the game to make it accessible. Its shittier than Shinobi difficulty. Its just not much fun.
>>
>>2795620
Is this game prone to freezing up a lot or something? Both my original cart and my flashcart copy constantly lock up whenever I'm playing this on my model 1 and I know it's not my Genesis because none of my other games have this problem.
>>
>>2795659
Gameplay isn't awful, but the way it handles camera movement and level advancements is retarded.
As much as it looks sweet, sounds super cool, and has really nice concepts, it doesn't play as well as it should.
And the flaws of the game is not jarring either, its hard to tell how it could have been a lot better.
>>
>>2798317
I'd still attempt to play it on another console to see if it truly is your copy (copies) of the game, had a very strange happenstance of my SNES playing all but Wolfenstein 3D, it would play a single drum beat and remain a black screen. The cart worked great in other consoles, so it could be a rarely used chip in your Model 1 that's not acting right?
>>
Not enough epic retro youtube celebrities reviews yet, but just you wait.
>>
>>2799913
I sadly don't have any other Genesis consoles nor know anyone nearby with one so I'll just end up playing it on an emulator later.
>>
>>2795620
>Why it's still quite unknown?

Its not, its just too difficult so people justly ignore it.

I think it looks great, sounds great, but too difficult.
>>
>>2800125
This. It took most gaming companies a long time to figure out that casual games are the most profitable.
>>
>>2800125
if you know what you're doing you can just grind for infinite potions, they respawn everytime you enter an area don't they?
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (57 KB, 641x311) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
57 KB, 641x311
>>2800131
Funny you say that cause Chakan was produced by the same guy who intentionally made Ecco too hard for kids to rent and beat over hte weekend.
>>
>>2800137

Some do, in most levels the majority of potions don't spawn if you have 2 of them already and completing levels in a certain order can leave you without potions for the really hard parts.
>>
File: aegmnamII.jpg (178 KB, 1280x800) Image search: [Google]
aegmnamII.jpg
178 KB, 1280x800
>>2800141
That old Annunziata, I tell ya.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.