[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What kind of games did you used to play with your dad /vr/?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 4
What kind of games did you used to play with your dad /vr/?

>Tekken 2 all the time
>all Crash games
>Croc
>Golden Axe
>Twisted Metal 2
>Street Fighter II

I also used to watch him play FFVII and Legend of Dragoon
>>
Double Dragon II on NES

Plus, another beat 'em all on NES or Snes. Some japanese stuff.
>>
none

my mom liked to play dr. mario though
>>
>>2794084
Are you me?
Me and Pops used to play the Crash games, Twisted Metal 2, SF2, and I watched him play Legend of Dragoon/FFVII
>>
File: combat1[1].png (3 KB, 500x322) Image search: [Google]
combat1[1].png
3 KB, 500x322
RIP
>>
>>2794090
No our dads were just smart enough to realize Sony was master race back then
>>
My dad would always play Afterburner if he saw it at the mall. Otherwise nothing.
>>
File: 1433299877620.gif (3 MB, 320x202) Image search: [Google]
1433299877620.gif
3 MB, 320x202
>>2794095
>>2794090

>born in the 90's
>>
>>2794103 had a pretty good Genesis collection. Still I wish I could of had an NES growing up. Didnt get to experience that till I found out about emulators
>>
On NES we would play Dragon Warrior 2 or 3, Solstice, or Legend of Zelda. He never really played much consoles after that, mostly PC games. Colonization, SimCity series, Starcraft and other RTS games and sims, though he would play other random stuff occasionally, like SkiFree or EGA Trek.

But he did and still does love arcade. We used to play the fuck out of San Francisco Rush, Virtual-On, and Area 51. Any time he sees a SF Rush or Virtual-On machine he's down for a game.

Just recently got him back into console gaming, playing Aerobiz Supersonic on the SNES, but it has to compete with Heroes of Might and Magic 3 which he's been hooked on for the past 3 weeks.
>>
>>2794103
>tfw born in 85'
close tho desu senpai
>>
>>2794126
I remember my dad being obsessed with the Warriors of Might and Magic for the PS2. Not sure which one I've never gotten into the series much but it was a dude who had a mask cursed on his face. Used to play it so much I'd never have a chance at the PS2 after school
>>
>>2794084
Chuck Yeager's Advanced Flight Trainer
F-15 Strike Eagle
Earl Weaver's Baseball
on a Tandy 1000 in the mid 80s.
>>
>>2794084
Duck Hunt and Hogans Alley. He also played the Galaga port for the NES.
>>
Doom
Quake 2
Resident Evil 2
Half life was the last one we played together ;_;
>>
>>2794084
We played pong a few times. He sucked and never played anything again. He's a colossal faggot who missed out on the golden age even though he was only in his 30's.
>>
My dad beat Fantasia on the Megadrive. I never could.

He lost interest in video games after that.
>>
I distinctly remember my dad smoking a joint while playing Q-Bert on the Atari 2600 and listening to Genesis. Don't know why that memory has stuck with me for so long.

My dad is the reason I played Three Stooges and Spy vs. Spy for the NES. I know he picked those games out for himself but I would pop them in every once in awhile.

I remember a time when he took me to the optometrist at the mall for an eye appointment, but let me go to the arcade afterwards even though I had to skip school for it. As soon as I went in I spotted the brand new Mortal Kombat II cabinet and lost my shit, he let me play about $3 on it because I was so excited.

Last games I remember ever watching him play were Street Fighter II and U.N. Squadron on the SNES. He died in 96 when I was 12 so my memory is kind of hazy on any other instances, but those points stick out to me.
>>
FFXI. He loved it.
>>
>>2794174

Oh, and I remember my brother renting Willow for the NES and getting mad because my dad was hogging it for most of the two days we had it for.
>>
Our local ice cream shop had a Galaga '88 that my dad and I used to play. My stepdad played sports games with me. That's about it.
>>
NFL blitz and he taught me the secrets of galaga. I got a million points on namco museum to make him proud. He still beat the shit out of me.
>>
I wish my folks played games at all. They see them as a waste of time and money. Even went on to say they wish I had never been exposed to gaming.

Mom played/talked about being good at Pinball though.
>>
None.

I watched him play F-Zero a couple of times.

That's it.
>>
>>2794084

the "close the heating/air conditioning vent so as to keep his marijuana fumes out of my bedroom as much as possible, without doing it so often as to make necessary an infeasible confrontation" game

also the "pretend you believe in his stupid religion while he (maybe?) pretends to accept your lie" game

pretty fun
>>
>>2794225
I'm sorry son.

I'm your new dad. My names Chuck. Dont touch my cigs or Ill beat you with my belt.
>>
We played banjo Kazooie. He helped me and my brothers thru treasure trove cove cause we were scared of the shark. I asked for the controller when he got to a flight pad and freaked out when I crashed or fell cause I thought it was a big deal
>>
My uncle had a NES and we played a lot of SMB3 and tetris. I was too young to ask to play the other games, I wonder what he played
>>
tetris and duck hunt
>>
>>2794084
The ol' man bought a SNES for "us kids" just so he could play Link to the Past all the fucking time.

Man could not beat Ganon. I had to do it for him. I won that glory.

Today he leads a goddamn clan in Destiny.
>>
>>2794084
none.
we played football (soccer) in real life.
you a have a lousy dad
/thread
>>
>>2794569
Just cause my dad played video games with me doesnt mean he was lousy. I played football and baseball with him too. Sounds like your dad was lousy for not taking the time to game with his son, a true bonding experience.
>>
None, we basically didn't spend time together unless I was helping him with work or something. Now he's old, senile, and probably gonna die in the next 5 years or so :(
>>
>>2794575
>considers a fake virtual experience a true bonding experience over a 1:1 with dad in sports
basement dwelling gamer detected
>>
>>2794590
>if someone is a gamer they are lousy
>on a video game board
Cant play sports all the time m8. Most the of time my dad and I played it was at like 7 at night before bed. Why you gotta shit up the thread and be a dick.
>>
>>2794595
I'm just being honest, mate. Sorry.
>>
With my bruv on ps1...twisted metal all day every day
>>
Ha was really into text based adventures and roleplaying games on computers, I was too young to appreciate that but I remember him spending evenings playing Lords of Midnight on our Speccy
>>
My grandfather liked Tekken a lot
>>
>>2794126
My dad like San Francisco Rush too. He and I used to play that and Daytona USA a lot.
>>
File: oppressing white males.png (17 KB, 256x223) Image search: [Google]
oppressing white males.png
17 KB, 256x223
>>
Wizard of Wor II, we were such a team.
Ultima V, two heads are better than one.
He loved Pirates. Took me a while, but I liked it too. He was much better than me.
>>
The whole family would take turns racing eachother in Gran Turismo, yelling out "drunken monkey!" whenever one of the drivers swerved into the grass.

My mom and dad played through Crash 3 together, and even went out and bought the guide for the extra goals and secret levels. Real bummer that no system or game today could hook them in like that again.
>>
My father bought an Atari near 1985 or so and from then until the PS2 era he played a lot. Nowadays he has a gaming PC just for FIFA and PES.
>>
>>2794640
like true gents
>>
>>2794084
Michael Fassbender sure has an ugly kid.
Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.