[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Virtual Boy must-plays
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3
File: Virtual_Boy.jpg (2 MB, 5000x5000) Image search: [Google]
Virtual_Boy.jpg
2 MB, 5000x5000
I'm in a mood of checking out this bad boy for the weekend. Will be using mednafen for it. What are the great games on the system? I already have Wario Land ready to go, so any other games?
>>
how can you do a top ten list of a console that only has 14 fucking games!!??
>>
File: teleroboxerharry.jpg (54 KB, 444x326) Image search: [Google]
teleroboxerharry.jpg
54 KB, 444x326
Teleroboxer, Jack Bros, Vertical Force, Galactic Pinball, Panic Bomber, Mario's Tennis, Golf

If you can read japanese then you can also add Innsmouse no yakata and SD Gundam Dimension War
>>
>>2793778

>No virtualboy Warioland

What's the matter with you!? You forgot the all time best game on the console, AND one of the best Warioland games.
>>
File: virtual-boy-wario-land.jpg (41 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
virtual-boy-wario-land.jpg
41 KB, 300x300
>>2793779

read OP
>>
>>2793773
nobody asked for top ten, just great games
>>
>>2793790

same thing. there are only 14 titles total. may as well ask which ones suck.
>>
>>2793792
Alright, which one is garbage?
>>
>>2793794

Waterworld
>>
>>2793797
What's bad about it? I have pretty high tolerance of shitty games.
>>
>>2793798

It's just the less playable and less fun game on the system, but give it a try if you're emulating, it's free anyway
>>
What is the best way to play Virtual Boy games? How does real hardware compare to 3D glasses? Has somebody gotten an emulator running on 3DS yet?
>>
>>2793804
vbin works supposedly for PC, doesn't work for 3ds though
>>
>>2793804
>How does real hardware compare to 3D glasses?

Real hardware has really good, deep 3D effect, with 3D glasses it doesn't really work that well.
>>
>>2793772
If you have a virtual boy you may as well just buy a complete set cause theres only like 15 game.
>>
>>2794001
nah man, spend a good deal less and get a flash boy, then you get access to all games plus prototypes and homebrews.
>>
get a gameboy instead.

fuck the virtual boy for real. the novelty wears off real quick.

you'll eventually end up putting it right back up on ebay where you got it in the first place.
>>
>>2793772
Wario
Jack Bros
Bound High
>>
>>2793798
It's just really bland and boring.

The VB actually has a pretty ok library, it's just a shame the games are on the VB.
Teleroboxer is really the only game which actually makes good use of the system.
Most of the other titles just feel like "What? Oh, yeah, we can rework this title to be on the VB instead of the GBC/SNES.", Teleroboxer feels like it was made solely with the intent of being on the VB.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.