[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
hey guys does anyone remember this gem?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
hey guys does anyone remember this gem?
>>
Rare collactathons were never good. Totally missed everything that made Mario 64 great and expanded on what didn't work very well. Tedious horseshit.
>>
>>2793504

some worlds were fun though, but around bubblegloop swamp you could see that the team were running out of ideas and the level design took a drastic snowdive.
>>
File: fuck!.png (65 KB, 181x172) Image search: [Google]
fuck!.png
65 KB, 181x172
>>2793491
>friend had it, played a bit of it in childhood
>20 years later
>"I'd like to own that"
>check ebay
>mfw
>>
>>2793524

Do you have an Xbox 360? The XBLA HD version is very good.
>>
>>2793491

Great game, but I like Banjo Tooie more. The worlds in that game are sweet, and it had more of an adventure-like feel. It felt like I was exploring a really creative world.
>>
>>2793491
Stupid sexy Gruntilda Game Over.
>>
>>2793556
I wanted to love Banjo Tooie because it actually was what I wanted after finishing Banjo Kazooie back in the days. The introduced new moves, bigger and more complex levels but it was too much of everything.
In retrospective Kazooie had the perfect length.
The horrible fps in Tooie also killed some of the fun, even for its n64 time the framerate was horrible and very noticable.
Some levels were also way to big and complex. It was a good jump&run game in the end but not something that I would replay again.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TpNfQlcIjAM
>>
>>2793524
what it's like $20
>>
>>2793491
it's not really a gem when it's easily one of the most popular n64 games right after the marios and zeldas
>>
>>2793504
Banjo Kazooie is more of an adventure game than a platformer. I honestly think Tomb Raider is a better example of a platformer than Banjo Kazooie.

Both Mario and Tomb Raider are about using acrobatic abilities to traverse platforms.

Banjo-Kazooie is more about exploration (no hints about where jiggies are) and unlocking special abilities over time.
>>
>>2793697
That is OP's weak attempt at trolling. Sage, hide, and move on.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.