[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Diablo General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 54
File: diablo1996.jpg (93 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
diablo1996.jpg
93 KB, 1920x1080
Comfiest game in existence.
Currently doing my first mage run since I got mob raped as a warrior in Hell.
The cursed village of Tristram is the best location in any game, ever.
>>
Have you tried the Belzebub mod?
>>
File: win95logo.png (511 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
win95logo.png
511 KB, 640x480
The sanctity of this place has been fouled.
>>
>play as Warrior
>game becomes retard hard when you reach Hell

>play Mage/Rogue
>rape everything without difficulty

I get the feeling they didn't playtest this extensively.
>>
The first time I played, I got stuck as the Warrior on a Caves level full of succubi around a maze of lava, before I learned you can start a new game while keeping stats/equipment.
>>
>>2791927
I've always found the Rogue to be weak all through the game.
>>
File: 1329271449849.jpg (23 KB, 288x499) Image search: [Google]
1329271449849.jpg
23 KB, 288x499
>>2791891
>Turning Diablo 1 into Diablo 2
>>
>>2791927
You got it all wrong, nigger.

>warrior
>easy start hard end

>rogue
>medium start hard end

>mage
>hard start easy end
>>
>>2792914
Fuck it I meant:

>rogue
>medium start MEDIUM* end
>>
>>2792290
This.
Part of why I love the first Diablo is because of the old graphics which look like clay at times. It just creates this thick atmosphere no other game has again.

Anyone here read old Diablo books?
>>
>>2791927
That's just old Pen & Paper logic, fighters start as powerhouses (compared to other classes), mages start with limited usability but when they get to higher levels they outclass fighters.

>>2792290
Because I've played Diablo to death, and the mod adds more depth to the gameplay, more content (most based on cut beta/alpha content), being able to carry a backup set of weapons (meaning my flail anf shield warrior can carry a bow as a backup without cluttering up my inventory), better gold storage, and a stash, without inheriting too much baggage from it's sequels.

I know how the standard game goes, Belzebub repeatedly throws me for a fucking loop and it adds way more variation.

>>2792928
Belzebub still looks the same, and largely controls the same.
I always liked how 1 had a darker, more gothic look and atmosphere than 2.
>>
>>2792928
that was a weird book. Maybe I'll reread it someday.
>>
>>2792914
>mage
>hard start CAKEWALK end

Let's be real, here.
>>
>>2793220
triple immunes are a major problem for them though. Until you get Armageddon that is.
>>
>>2793225
Stone curse
>>
>>2793296
it still takes ages to down them. Most the time I just ran past triple immunes.
>>
>>2791927
>play as any class
>buy a lot of potions
>chug chug

How can you find Diablo difficult, I can't even imagine it
>>
>warrior
>easy start hard end

>rogue
>medium start hard end

>mage
>hard start easy end

When you play the game normal way yes but when you do ironman runs warrior is clearly the king since he can repair stuff and block a lot of attacks that will help you save resources and move forward.
>>
File: disco stu.jpg (51 KB, 392x400) Image search: [Google]
disco stu.jpg
51 KB, 392x400
>>2793225
You can snag anything you need well before anything in the end game becomes a problem with judicious shop-hunting and a little luck (but just a little). The only thing that's a problem is when exactly Mana Sphere will drop. Once it does...AAAAAYYYYYYYY
>>
File: ohlordy.gif (22 KB, 115x128) Image search: [Google]
ohlordy.gif
22 KB, 115x128
>Resist: Lightning
>Immune: Magic, Fire

How the fuck do I kill these guys as a mage?
>>
>>2793431
With lightning obviously.
>>
>>2793431
Lightning, stone curse, golems, armageddon. You figure it out.
>>
>>2791834
I've always done a strange thing in Diablo.
>Choose Rogue
>Int to the max with base stats and items
>She is now a Mage
Now the game is quite weird but very enjoyable.
>>
>>2793474
It's fun especially with the Sierra's Hellfire expansion.
I always loved Diablo without Hellfire, but the Hive was just great. And those Easter eggs. :)
>>
>>2793474
>I've always done a strange thing in Diablo.

What, build the only viable Rogue setup? You aren't special.
>>
>>2793502
Oh, wasn't aware of that. I think that's why playing it the 'normal' way seemed quite dull in caves and hell... Anyway, is there anyone that tried to kill The Dark Lord 30 times for his full note? I always give up at around 7-9 times...
>>
>>2793434
>>2793453
So I basically dump a whole lot of mana potions on them.
Warlord of Blood is just insane tho. All immune. What the fuck were they thinking?
>>
>>2793517
Just steal his stuff with telekinesis.
>>
File: ALLTHEMWITCHES.jpg (20 KB, 330x162) Image search: [Google]
ALLTHEMWITCHES.jpg
20 KB, 330x162
>>2793571
Actually just stone cursed and hacked away at him with a starter level axe.
Reward was a shield.
If there's one thing Diablo 2 is miles better at, it's loot.

Also, fuck the Soul Burners and their triple immune. Getting real sick of this shit, not being able to do proper damage as a mage.
>>
>>2793596
On top of that that bitches have annoying AI, the corner trick with bow wont work on them since they move after shooting once or twice if it dont connect.
>>
>>2793225
>Oh, whats this? He shakes off lightning and fire?
>Well I'll just go bash in his fookin head m8 because I have so many stat boosts from items and my Dreamflange happens to be a passable cudgel
>>
>>2793508
>kill The Dark Lord 30 times for his full note
I don't remember that.
>>
>>2792290
>not playing Diablo with quests that were scrapped out of the final game
>>
>>2793378
I never repaired as a warrior, you lose max durability each time you do itm griswold all day every day.

Block becomes an issue when facing 2+ enemies, specially of its one of those level 9 lightning demons, they attack so fast you will block every attack, meaning you have no opening for an attack because all you see are the block frames over and over (one ends another start).
>>
>>2793495
I said moo.
>>
>>2793810
If you play Ironman you can't just go to Griswold.
The alternative is to play with Hellfire and its oils
>>
>>2793821
>>2793378
>if you're playing ironman

Nobody here is talking about ironman runs but you. They clearly favour warriors by design, >>2793810 is pointing out how warrior's abilities are useless/restrictive for all manners of the game.
>>
>>2793596
>If there's one thing Diablo 2 is miles better at, it's loot.

Nope, wrong by a mile. It's almost fucking impossible to get a truly good rare to drop in D2 with the best possible modifiers because there are no quality level requirements, only item level requirements. This makes the ideal rare items nigh unobtainable, and even the good ones often have at least one modifier that will make me cringe, like 1-3 mana or some bullshit.

In Diablo that's impossible thanks to the quality levels. Making magical items super useful. And unique items in D1 fill the niche that a decent rare did in D2 before the shit show that is Lord Of Destruction came along and just vomited retardedly overpowered garbage everywhere.
>>
>>2793839
Except for >>2793378
>but when you do ironman
>>
>>2791834
God damn I need to play this again. The Hell mod is pretty fun, but it can't beat the original in terms of comfiness.
>>
File: wanderer.jpg (8 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
wanderer.jpg
8 KB, 480x360
>>2793858
Alright, I'm talking about being a mage and always getting swords, scimitars, shields which did fuck all for me. The first good staff that dropped for me was around level 10-12.

As someone who's not autistically deep in the game (yet), I think Diablo 2 has a better loot system.

Also, this fucking ending.
>Go on the rescue
>Suffer through waves of hellspawn in a defiled cathedral
>Literally prevent Satan from being resurrected
>Your reward is to endlessly wander the world by carrying his evil essence within your body

Fuck me that's dark.
>>
File: Slutccubus.gif (19 KB, 128x128) Image search: [Google]
Slutccubus.gif
19 KB, 128x128
Started playing Diablo 2 recently. Made a hard core character, Druid concentrating on summons.

Everything went more or less smoothly untill Act 4. Some of the monsters started going down very slow (Mephisto, Izual).

Fighting with Diablo, wolves don't stand a chance summon bear gets hit by the red laser almost dies, dies when it gets hit again, re-summon gets hit by the laser twice and then diablo turns shoots at me and kills me.

Panicked and didn't resummon the bear on time, nor did I rejuvenate.

No motivation to restart, the beginning of the game is so boring.

Pic unrelatd.
>>
>>2794809
You chose the worst kind of druid mate.
>>
>>2794809
I played through as a druid summoner, the trick is to use the Dire wolves, not the normal wolves. Entire game was a breeze desu. Bosses are still super slow though.
>>
>>2794817
>>2794828

Yeah I wanted to play some atypical build. Was on the fence whether I wanted to play a ranger or a hunter, went with the hunter.

When I'll get the next Diablo itch I'll try the Enchant/Mana shield sorc.

>>2794828

I used dire wolves. When I died I had 4 points into ravens for dat dere blind, 1 into wolves, 12 into dire wolves, 9 for Spirit of the Wolverine and 4 into bear.
>>
>>2791834
>since I got mob raped as a warrior in Hell.

Shit, you too?
>>
>>2794809
This is the reason why I hate Diablo 2: Because some builds make the game nearly unfinishable. Like, if I have to go online and look up an FAQ just to finish your game, then the balance sucks.
>>
>>2794932
Just play classic.
>>
>>2794809
There should be cube recipes for resetting all skills and stats and give you the points back
>>
>>2792928

I read the first Diablo book, the one with the cursed armor that made its wearer automatically walk around. It was terrible.
>>
>>2795036

Thought I mentioned it - I was playing on hardcore.

Single player experience in Diablo until Act 4 is basically a snooze-fest, everything goes slow, the items are not worth looking at, no cube, most skills are locked.

Starting with -act 5 is not better.
>>
I loved Diablo 1 and 2. Both had me hooked. Diablo 1 when theres no internet, diablo 2 when u get bored and theres no internet. Then when u got internet go with ur team to rekk some kids in chaos santuary, farm some hrs/gcs, trade in some trade worlds, maybe join drop game world, then finish day with some scrub pk tourneys. Those were the days.

Diablo 3 is just shit lmfao. It was decent at the start when there was trading and inferno A3/A4 was difficult, but after that game just turned to shit. Right now it's in an even worse position. They need to scrap whole game and really focus on what the true Diablo fans want with D4.

Also mfw d3 devs have no idea what HoZ is, confirmed rip
>>
I gotta pawn some of this stuff
>>
>>2794932
You don't have to strive for a triple dot ending on every character.

Pretty much any character build you can conceive will be able to deal with Nightmare rather handsomely. Hell is, by design, supposed to be there for experts and expert characters.

And even then, there are some budget characters for every class that don't have a problem with Hell even with shitty drops. Summonecro, Berserk Barb, Wind Druid (or even Fireclaws, but that one requires lots of crushing blow), Holy Shockadin and/or Hammerdin, Lightning Javazon, most of the dual-element Sorceresses.

With the amount of skills available and such, I don't think Hell would be that challenging if you made it viable for all builds.

And I'm saying this as a single/LAN player; I've never seen an Enigma in my life.
>>
>>2795207
I can't carry anymore!
>>
>>2795259
Do you even lift? ;_;
BTW: How come I'm always strong enough to carry armor, even if I'm not strong enough to wear it?
>>
File: 1446494491902.png (14 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1446494491902.png
14 KB, 500x500
>>2795459
>Why don't demons come through town portals?

Abandon all logic ye who enter here.
>>
>>2795507
Magic wards? Maybe they're made with holy energy and it scares them off?
>>
>>2795459

It takes more strength to wear armor and fight in it than it does to put it in a bag and carry it.
>>
>>2795582
I would say it's harder to have a bag attached to you and fight while doing that then fighting in the armor, where the weight is better distributed.
>>
>>2795582
Actually, when you're wearing armor, all the weight is distributed across your body, when you're carrying it in a bag, it's all concentrated in one place and puts more load on specific muscles.
>>
>>2795521
I always applied the Wheel of Time logic that Jordan used for explaining why Trollocs and the like couldn't travel using gateways.

But like an idiot, I forgot exactly what that reasoning was. Shit.
>>
>>2791834
>running through a dungeon full of naked humans impaled on spikes
>comfy
>>
>>2794627
>I'm talking about being a mage and always getting swords, scimitars, shields which did fuck all for me.
That is just the Diablo series in general. Though even with those items you can still gain stats towards your magic. It was always amusing when I found a magic sword and identified it and it gave me +9 to my magic.

Though I agree with him, magic items were actually useful to the point that when ever I saw a magic item in the first Diablo I ALWAYS picked it up because it often had good potential in being good to use or at least sell for a good amount of gold. Hell I'd often cycle resist armor in town when the enemies elemental damage on the floor changed if I didn't have decent items that granted me excellent overall resistances.
>>
coh or fort for uber smiter?
>>
>>2795865
>not being able to immerse yourself into the world, setting and atmosphere of the game
World War 2 wasn't a pretty affair but the Wolfenstein games have always been comfy to me.
>>
>>2796061
>immersing yourself into a world full of dread and despair
>comfy
>>
>>2796073
Yeah? Not all comfy has to be rainbows and sunshine.

Simcity 2000 is comfy in a pleasant and non-violent way, but games like Diablo, Doom, Red Dead Redemption, Far Cry 3, Starcraft, Half-Life, Duke Nukem 3D, they're games where I can really put myself in the mindset of the setting and world, yet also enjoy the wonderful environments, be they pleasant places or oppressive and dark places.

I like the dark and gothic atmosphere of Diablo
>>
>>2796202
>Not all comfy has to be rainbows and sunshine.

You're right but there's nothing comfy about literally walking through hell and seeing tons of dead rotten bodies while demons are coming after you.
>>
>>2796073
It's not real you idiot

The universe is solid
>>
>>2796205
The oppressive, dark and violent atmosphere feels so homely in a way.

I always kind of felt that, even when I was a little kid and played it. I like the horror mood it sets, and how you're a powerhouse fighting back against the horror.

Also, Tristam as a town is comfy for realz.

TNT: Evilution, one of the halves of Final Doom, I always felt it was comfy because it's like Doom 1, but it further captures that rustic primitive sci-fi of the original, but in it's own way. The music plays a big part in this.
>>
File: thebeautyofsmallplaces.jpg (41 KB, 736x387) Image search: [Google]
thebeautyofsmallplaces.jpg
41 KB, 736x387
>>2796223
Fucking this.
Some of my best memories in life are sitting all alone on my pc playing Deus Ex up to 6am and smoking cigarettes. Or going through all the original Silent Hills and Resident Evils, King's Field, Metroid Prime.
Being left the fuck alone in a harsh, surrealistic environment just makes my dick into a diamond.
First Diablo is even better than 2 at this since you stay at a single cursed location all the time and go deeper and deeper in the same place.
>>
File: B164gtu.jpg (25 KB, 500x362) Image search: [Google]
B164gtu.jpg
25 KB, 500x362
>>2793431
Hit him over the head.
>>
>>2793508
>Anyway, is there anyone that tried to kill The Dark Lord 30 times for his full note? I always give up at around 7-9 times...
The fack are you talking about
>>
>>2794487
Try Belzebub, the game still largely plays the same but there's a bunch of extra shit.
>>
File: harrogath.jpg (381 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
harrogath.jpg
381 KB, 640x480
I always thought of Harrogath as comfy. Rroasting bunnies in barbarian underwear on Mount Arreat, sweet wooden shack with haybales to sleep.
>>
File: lut_gholein.jpg (92 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
lut_gholein.jpg
92 KB, 800x600
>>2798034
Lut Gholein, reminiscent of Tristram with Radament in the sewers, those ramshackle booths with hookahs and kush, carpet stands in shade serving tea to Drognan, spell scrolls baking on the hot desert sun, and the sea, of course.
>>
File: f-old-kurast.jpg (32 KB, 500x256) Image search: [Google]
f-old-kurast.jpg
32 KB, 500x256
Also, why do Kurast Docks have exist rotated to left in the demo version, but not in final?

Rogue Camp can have four exits, Gholein two, and the rest only one. I think it was a nice detail, don't know why they didn't applied it everywhere.
>>
How the fuck do I run Diablo on a new PC?
>>
>>2798045
I remember when I was in uni a really cute girl and I used to play Diablo 2 all the time.

I remember one extremely late night we sat in Lut Gholein just chatting through game. Every time I see a picture of it it brings back the comfiest memories.
>>
>>2799328
>girl
son...
>>
>>2799303
You might have to write a little .bar file.

Someone might have the lines needed. It's an incredibly simple batch file that's only like a couple of lines, basically when you run it, it'll kill the explorer.exe process, then run Diablo, without modern explorer.exe in the background, the colors shouldn't get fucked.
Then when you exit Diablo, the batch file should start up explorer.exe automatically.

It's really simple (every line in the script does EXACTLY what it says it does) and you should be able to modify it with any other game which has the same problem, just change the directory of the game.
Basically, Windows Aero gives old games problems rendering 100% properly.

Or you could give Belzebub a try.

>>2799328
Did you score?
>>
>>2799473
>.bar file
*that would be a .bat file, sorry, tiny phone keyboard. Do NOT create a .bar file, I don't know what that is or what it'll do (if it even does anything or understands the context of batch scripts), I take no responsibility for what happens.
>>
>>2799473
No. By the time I worked up the courage to say anything to her she had a boyfriend. She then stopped playing games and we grew distant. Saw her on campus every now and then, but it was always just small hellos.
>>
>>2799473
I don't think I can run it at all to begin with.
>>
>>2799485
So what happens when you try? Don't be so stingy with information, anon!
>>
>>2799485
Ya gotta tell us EXACTLY what your problem is.
Does the game simply not boot at all?
Does it boot but immediately crash?
>>
I started a Hardcore bowazon, first hardcore character I make, and I just beat Duriel. Holy fuck that was a pain in the ass, I just kept on reviving my hireling, dealing a little damage, rinse and repeat 6 or 7 times. Is there any particularly dangerous moment in Normal mode for Hardcore characters ? I'm thinking of the Fire mages before Mephisto's dungeon (I don't know what they're called in english, I'm playing in baguettespeak), and the Diablo fight. As for Nightmare/Hell, the vipers in Nihlatak's dungeon that shoot poison that instakills pretty much everything.
>>
I never played a Diablo before and am ashamed. It seems like one of those must-play series everyone should try. But how are you supposed to even do it? D2 is only available through Blizzard's battlenet service and D1 isn't even listed at all. Obviously Steam and Gog are a no-go also. Why do they make it so hard to get ahold of this series?
>>
>>2800145
Duriel is consistently one of the hardest bosses in the game by the time you reach him, on each difficulty.

You've really come across a hurdle that way.
>>
>>2799753
Not booting at all. No error, the process would just sit in the background for a few seconds and disappear.
I tried using a torrented version instead of installing it off the CD that I own and it worked, though.
>>
>>2800181
You can still get Diablo 2 and it's expansion at a lot of game retailers. Not sure about Diablo but I bought a copy from EB games 4 years ago, they were still selling it. There's also, y'know, ebay. Or piracy.
>>
>>2800225
They still sell it? I just assumed it wouldn't even work on newer OSes and the digital version was changed so it would. Yeah, now I see it's the same price on Amazon, neat.

How many discs does it take to install? My CD drive has a weird thing where it won't always read a disc if I take one out and swap a new one in.
>>
>>2800365
Diablo II is four discs: 3 for the regular game and one more for the Lord of Destruction expansion pack. At least that's the one I have.
>>
>>2800416
Chestbros represent!
>>
>>2800365
It's 9.99 + 9.99 for the expansion at Blizzard as a download: https://eu.battle.net/shop/en/product/diablo-ii-lord-of-destruction
>>
File: Npc-halbu.jpg (15 KB, 127x175) Image search: [Google]
Npc-halbu.jpg
15 KB, 127x175
I can't get enough of his "Hail to you, champion!" Please suck me off more, npc!
>>
>>2800145
now that I think about it, every single dangerous monster in D2 has been nerfed somehwere around 1.09-1.11.
>Oblivion Knights
>Venom Lords
>Gloams
>Nihlathak
all nerfed
>>
>>2801331
>Gloams
They are still really dangerous in 1.13.
>>
>>2801296
Did Act 4 feel kind of rushed and cut short to anyone else?

And less logical?
Act 1 was a camp set up in the wilderness, and it feels like it, you're supposed to kill Andariel and take back the monastery

Act 2 was a port town and you headed out into the desert to find the means to find the tomb of Tal-Rasha

Act 3 was a small port town and you have to cross the jungles and swamps to get to the ruined capital overrun by evil

But act 4 is a small, oddly overdesigned fort somewhere which happens to be in a place that has a linear path towards Diablo's crib. It feels like an afterthought, like they realized they were running out of time and had to do SOMETHING without putting a lot of thought into it
>>
>>2801662
They were, in fact, running out of time.
http://www.usgamer.net/articles/in-their-own-words-an-oral-history-of-diablo-ii-with-david-brevik-max-schaefer-and-erich-schaefer
>>
So from somebody who's only played Diablo 2 and loved it, why would I play Diablo1? I have a mental image of it just having less features and more problems but I've heard enough people swear by it so I'm curious as to the differences.

I've played so many games of the genre but they generally don't feel as nice as D2 so I'd love it if, in fact D1 was as good or better.
>>
>>2801703
It's fairly different. Diablo 1 is a slow paced and atmospheric game.
>>
>>2801707
Is character building similar? Did D1 have build variety per character, or was gear pretty much it?
>>
>>2801713
You don't have that much options for your gear either.
You only get to spend attribute points on level ups and there are maximum values depending on the class. Spells are learned from books that you can find or buy and later in the game you can also get potions that raise your stats making levelups even more meaningless.
>>
>>2801703
>>2801713

I like both. That said the *gameplay* of Diablo 1 is better. The quests are interesting, some of them are unique to your particular run so you'll have to repeat the game again to get all of them.

The pleasure that you get from fighting is much better, and you also feel vulnerable all the time like in rouge-likes. Quest items you get are actually meaningful, and the items that you get feel *right* to that moment in the game.

What Diablo 2 has better is character building, there's so many options - 5 classes all of each play more or less differently and specific builds to each one. There's so much items each more overpowered then the last.

But for me the game is somewhat anti-climatic. The game is only pleasurably to play starting from Act 4 normal difficulty, and really you only feel "in the moment" starting in late nightmare or start of Hell.

The items that you get feel pitiful until then, and the decisions you take and items you get almost meaningless for the moment - everybody jews their enchant from Charsi, and sockets from Larzuk until the late game. The same is true for skill point allocation - most people wait for the best skill that appears at level 30.

So it's an endless grind until you get to hell when suddenly you get fun items, and get pleasure from the game. The pleasure starts immediately in Diablo 1.

Just my opinion.
>>
>>2801204
I've never used battle.net before is it any good and do they do holiday sales like Steam? I'm willing to wait a month.
>>
What's the best way to defeat Diablo as a Necromancer
>>
>>2801703
It's MUCH more atmospheric.
But it does have less features.

If you want more D2 style features, check out Belzebub, it also restores/remakes a bunch of things which were unfinished or cut during development, but then later done for Diablo 2, like, Andariel and Izual were meant to be quests in the first game for instance.
When it comes down to it, Diablo could be a bit barren in content, and whether or not you would get some quests was random, sometimes you'd get the quest for the Butcher, sometimes you wouldn't. Belzebub adds a bunch of content like that and all quests are become available regardless.

Though I recommend you at least try to play the first game OG style for a bit before you head on to Belzebub.
>>
>>2802064
I used Decrepify and let my merc hack away, but that took much longer than it should
>>
http://orig15.deviantart.net/975d/f/2010/288/e/2/rage_comic__duriel_by_doodlegarmander-d30tyh5.png
>>
>>2800145
Thats what will happen to you if you will reach hell :^)

http://orig15.deviantart.net/975d/f/2010/288/e/2/rage_comic__duriel_by_doodlegarmander-d30tyh5.png
>>
>>2802089
Which merc did you hire?
>>
>>2802174
I don't remember anymore, but act 2 merc like everyone else I guess. But it was a major pain because I had this weirdass poison build.
>>
>>2801689
These articles are gold;
http://venturebeat.com/2013/09/16/the-perfect-storm-how-blizzard-north-channeled-chaos-to-design-the-original-diablo/
>>
I can't cast that here!
>>
>>2802064
1. Summon skellies
2. Summon clay golem
3. Engage Diablo and keep casting decrepify on him. Recast clay golem if necessary.

Decrepify and your clay golem will slow Diablo down to a crawl, and your minions can slowly chip away at him.
>>
>>2802152
Only if you use a computer from 1999 and no patches. The loading problem was fixed ages ago.
>>
File: Screenshot003.jpg (339 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot003.jpg
339 KB, 640x480
Pindle just dropped a Jah rune and I'm fucking ecstatic.
>>
>>2802152
>linking to an image on an imageboard

Absolutely retarded.
>>
>>2803228
oh boy, congrats
jah and zod are the only runes I have never found
>>
>>2802064
skeletons, clay golem, revives, and merc with crushing blow + decrepify curse.

zoomancer is notoriously slow at bosses, it's a bore.

btw, ladder reset next tuesday, anyone gonna play on europe soft?
>>
>>2803228
congrats, I got ber from random venom lord in the CS. 1.13 is really let loose with runes, I got two cham in the pit.
>>
Been playing Diablo 1 with the Belzebub mod and have been thoroughly enjoying it. Last time I played was about 9 years ago so am pretty rusty in remembering certain quests, though I did roll a sorcerer and have hit that point where I can start to kerb stomp my way through the game.
>>
>>2791834
Stupid and rather trivial question, but does anyone recall when this game was actually released? I always see it listed as either the ass end of 1996 or the beginning of 1997. I do seem to recall seeing just after Christmas of '96 but I just want to be sure for autism's sake.
>>
>>2805006
December 31, 1996 and the world was forever changed.
>>
>>2803335
Oh lawdy. I might have to start playing again. I play us east though. I have spent more time on d2 then any other game by far. I once spent close to 40 hours one weekend in high school(circa 2005) doing nothing but playing d2. Longest stretch of non-stop playing was 22 hours give or take 30mins. I literally love d2. Sadly I never been in top 10 on ladder. I remember the first soj, hoz, and hr I ever found. Soo many good memories... sorry for rambling.
>>
>>2805109
If they had done a christmas release it would've been extremely ironical.
>>
>>2805165
Why is that?
>>
>>2805246
Because Jesus and because Diablo.
>>
Anyone else had Diablo 2 on their hard drive for like 7 years and never uninstalled because they feel like they might come back to it again?
>>
>>2805859
I've gotten 2 new computers and reformatted 5 times in that 7 years.
>>
>>2805868
I still run my old machine with windows xp

never really felt like I need to upgrade
>>
>>2806006
I run 7, and I think it's really great.
When I next get a new computer, I'm gonna get a copy of Windows 7 for it because 10 can go and dive under a tractor.

I should get myself a dedicated XP machine though, for compatibility sake, a machine I can play some old games on without issue.
>>
>>2804689
Belzebub sorcerer ends up still pretty hard ones you get to hell.
>>
>>2792928
I will read them if they are good. Which is the best? They can't all suck, right?
>>
>>2805859
Yeah. Well, I installed my copy in 2012, but I never uninstalled it because I keep thinking "eh, perhaps one day I will want to do some Pindle runs or something".
>>
>>2802089
>>2803105
>>2803335
I'm a bit late at responding, but I managed to beat him. Thanks for the advice
>>
File: Screenshot045.jpg (380 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot045.jpg
380 KB, 800x600
smiter is such easy mode
my other characters can't even outdamage their regen
>>
>>2807556
>Standard of Heroes
What does it do?
>>
>>2807571
Nothing.
>>
>>2807556
Cool, what level is he?
>>
>>2807646
81 or 82 iirc, I had just leveled up from killing uber baal
it's a 1pt smiter and his build has been pretty much finished for a while, ubers still won't last 20 seconds against him thanks to grief and 50% cb
>>
>>2796223
I get where you're coming from, but I still chuckled at the OP.

>comfiest game in existence
>got raped in hell
>>
Trying hardcore for the first time, just got to Andariel. Duriel death expected as a barb, or is it easy enough when overleveled?
>>
>>2793858

What you are talking about is the statistically improbable perfect rare. You can get really good rare items all the time because the mod pool is not large enough to be completely cluttered. And yes, there are bad mods, but without those bad mods all you would get would be perfect 10/10 items and that would make the loot grind pretty short and boring.
>>
>>2794932

You wat? Everyone can finish hell if he knows what he is doing. No matter what wierd build. As long as you will pick up crushing blow weapons on yourself and your henchman you should be able to eventually kill any boss.

Unless you are saying that even a complete newcommer to the game who has no idea what he is doing should be able to beat the hardest difficulty of the game on hardcore?
>>
>>2795178

D3 now is playable and even fun. At the start it wasnt even a loot grind because you didn't get any wothwhile loot anyway unless you exploited some bugs that allowed you to get those 200$+ weapons.

Now it offers you a challange and at the same time is actually not a pain in the ass to play.
>>
>>2808619
You will probably get wrecked.

>>2808757
I rebought it to play RoS, the new act was ok, but running dungeons for gear got really fucking boring really fast and no pvp no trading really kills the end game.
>>
Anyone like the Median mod for D2? I can't go back to vanilla now.
>>
>>2808759
I sure hope not. I play actual roguelikes, so at the very least I won't be playing like a complete moron and rush into cold/very strong uniques. I feel like I shouldn't be dumb enough to die once I get battle orders, which is only 2 levels away.
>>
>>2808765
>I play actual roguelikes
You should be fine then, that fight is definitely one of the hardest in the game if you do it at the level you normally get to him but if you are careful you will be alright. Just make sure to have a backup TP open as soon as you get in. Battle orders will definitely help too.
>>
>>2808759

Its kind of a wierd spot with D3, right now you have the kanai cube and all the shit so gearing up is not really a problem, but still having the optimal way to level be with 3 other people of the same class so you can trade with them is retarded.

>>2808765

Welp im shortly before duriel as well with my first HC D2 char, i always only played SC, and after sinking so many hours into hc poe i decided to give D2 another try. Playing skelemancer so its probably going to be easy mode till diablo.
>>
>>2808780
I've played a lot of skelemancer over the years, and while they're pretty safe, I'd hate to do bosses on HC with them. Such a pain in the ass to keep leaving to gather troops.
>>
Were any of you super into pvp in d2? I used to play on a couple different private pvp servers and it was great. I miss that shit.
>>
>>2808787

From what i played in SC the only boss that really kicks your ass is diablo on normal, before you get any + skill and if you dont have minion resist.

Also i really dont want to die as i am beeing carried by a +3 summon skelly wand that i got in act 1.

Occasionally i guess baal can be an ass, but i ussually have the curses ready and he dies rather fast. Ill need to gamble some teleport ammy eventually tough.
>>
>>2808797
I hate all the bosses on normal as skelemancer. Well not Andariel, but otherwise.
>>
How is frenzy barb doing? Still good for 1.13? How about MF? I only did zoomancer as heavy MF, obviously he can ramp it pretty gud.
>>
>>2808880
Well I just accidentally did Duriel on SP normal players5 hardcore with frenzy barb, so they seem in a good place.
>>
>>2808881
>accidentally
???
>>
>>2808885
Having it on players5 instead of players1 gave duriel a shitload of damage and health for the low benefit of extra XP (The increased item quantities only apply to basic monsters). I meant to turn it down since he's already basically the hardest encounter of the game, but I forgot to and still managed it.
>>
>>2808892
/Players doesn't affect monster damage.
>>
>>2808898
It sure does. In LoD anyway, but who still plays classic?
>>
>>2808913
No, only their hit points and the experience they give changes: http://classic.battle.net/diablo2exp/monsters/basics.shtml
>Monsters' experience value and Hit Points will change with the number of players in the game.
>>
>>2808918
Like a lot of aspects of the game, battle.net doesn't tell you everything. The wiki lists the exact values of damage and AR that increase, and if that's not enough, go create a new character, take some damage, then save, reopen, set to players8, and see for yourself how much more you get hit for.
>>
>>2808921
Ah, you're right: http://diablo2.diablowiki.net/Player_Settings
>Each additional player in the game also increases the damage dealt by 6.25%

Sorry.
>>
>>2795728
Tell us now
>>
regarding end game gear for a summon necro,
I've seen people suggest beast runeword as opposed to arm of king leoric/hoto, is it worth it? should the merc use pride or infinity?
>>
>>2809274
SP or MP? SP you really don't need great equipment. Use something that gives you +summoning skills. Last time I used Insight on my Merc, so I would have enough mana for curses and corpse explosion.
>>
Can anyone recommend a mod for D2 that makes character building a little more interesting? Over the years I've tried more or less everything, but I have an inch to settle down and clean the Den of Evil.
>>
>>2791834

there will never be a game with this kind of god tier atmosphere again.
>>
>>2809274
used obedience on my merc. had to do so it kills faster while still being affordable. i have no idea how I managed mana but I don't remember it ever going out. or maybe there was an abudance of full rejuv or mana tap?

as for weapons, I think I went with leoric in the end, although i was afraid of bone prison i rarely got hit. I think i've used bone or some random +skill before that. don't see need for beast.
>>
Can somone help me to get Diablo I working?
Game boots to the character select screen, but I just get a black screen when trying to start a game.
Running windows 7, patch 1.21 Tried various combinations of compatability mode, nothing works so far.
>>
>>2792928
>turning diablo 1 into diablo 2
>Part of why I love the first Diablo is because of the old graphics

Nigger please, Belzebub doesn't change graphics.
>>
>>2811027
>terminate "explorer" on Task Manager
>open "run" (windows key + R, since you don't have start menu anymore)
>run diablo from it

It should work now, after done playing:
>open "run"
>type "explorer"
>start bar reappears
>>
>>2811036
Wait, forgot you couldn't Windows + R to open "run" after explorer is terminated

>on Task Manager, use File > New Task
>>
>>2811036
I meant windows 8, sorry. I'll give this a try though. Cheers.
>>
>>2811169
Let me know if it worked though, would be nice to know same method works on windows 8
>>
>want to make helmet with Delirium because turning into a Bone Fetish is my fetish
>runes should be no prob, where do I have the Ist rune
>have none
>Ist is a really high rune
FFFFUUUUUUU
>>
>>2811218
lower kurast is what you're looking for
though ist isn't that rare, ran countess like 3 times and got one last week, have found them on hell cows before too
>>
>>2811236
>hell cows
>complete your build after beating the game

forwhatpurpose.jpg
>>
>>2811236
any tips for lower kurast?
>>
>>2811318
guess it's all pretty obvious but here goes some optimizations I can think of:
always on p7, more HR seeds than lower settings and same as p8
get a good map, 2 bonfires (6 superchests) close to the waypoint to minimize run times
use a cold sorc with 105 or 200 fcr, tp around and open chests with telekinesis, freeze monsters that get near you with glacial spike
high runes pretty much always appear on screen, so you don't have to pick up lots of itens in fear of missing one
get a holy freeze merc to delay annoying creatures
finish the tome quest so zakarumites won't attack you
at the end of a run use the waypoint to got to act 4 before exiting, the wp there is much closer to where the character appears, otherwise you have to walk all the way through kurast docks
armor stands are worth checking too, some drop socketed monarchs and uniques like stormshield/shako
>>
So I got two questions.

1. I want a Mod that makes it so D1 doesn't look like butt but it doesn't change the gameplay too much, any ideas?

2. I finished Eastern Sun, Ultimative and Nilla D2, I am looking for some other good mods. I find that Ultimative and ES both have an issue where things become sponges by the end, I don't want that. So does anyone have any ideas?
>>
>>2811673
>so D1 doesn't look like butt
Diablo is beautiful though.
>>
>>2795728
>>2809060

I was curious myself and looked it up.

Apparently it was never explicitly explained but had to do with "shadowspawn" being "constructs" (i.e. artificial creations) and so could not move instantly from one spot to another without instantly dying due to the nature of the magic involved. "Traveling" through a "gateway" was essentially moving a "thread" in the "pattern" from one place to another.

The 'threads' are basically souls and the 'pattern' being fate. Since evil beings are not natural, but created, they don't have souls and cease to be alive even if only removed from physical reality for any fraction of time, no matter how small.

That's my interpretation, anyway.
>>
>>2811676
I agree but not on a 1080p monitor
>>
>>2812197
Then get Belzebub, besides adding a lot of content and useful D2 style features, it lets you play the game in 800x and 1024x resolutions, as well as playing in Windowed mode, you can also set your preferred FPS.
>>
>>2796056
Coh for the dr
>>
>>2812247
I'd rather just play vanilla at a higher res, ps1 version on my phone works well anyway
>>
>>2812975
Shut up nerd.
>>
>>2811383
Ok, thanks, but what if I play on ladder?
>>
>>2813051
it's more of a SP thing, I don't play ladder at all
not sure p1 even has HR seeds in 1.13, might just be a waste of time
you'll have to tp around LK, as the bonfires can be anywhere, and some maps only spawn a single one
>>
>>2813382
yeah, I know. tried couple of runs on previous season but never got the grip since I had to tele around to find the bonfire and it just didn't budge anything after a while so I quit.
>>
Why do people pretend like Diablo II isn't easily the best Blizzard game?
>>
>>2814125
I prefer Diablo I to Diablo II because Diablo II encourages too much grinding. Diablo I on the other hand is a pretty satisfying playthrough without having to reload or grind.
>>
>>2791834
That guitar

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AnMR6SOBa9k
>>
File: mallard.jpg (343 KB, 1541x1239) Image search: [Google]
mallard.jpg
343 KB, 1541x1239
>D2 ladder resets tomorrow
THE TIME HAS COME
>>
>>2793858
there is a 11% chance of an unique item spawning when killing a boss (that has a 100% chance of dropping a magic item) character how the fuck is that bad...
>>
>>2814392
heh can't wait to play with bots!
>>
I usually play on USEast but I live in Asia now so... I guess this means I'm playing on Asia.

Tomorrow's going to be fun.
>>
>HC SP Barb
>Farm quest bug NM andariel for over 5 hours
>Still wearing cleglaws set
>Get an Aldur weapon drop
>Socket with 2 shaels and an ort
>Vaporize nightmare

Jesus christ. Its never taken me so long to gear up on d2 before.
>>
>>2814964
You could have just gone with Berserker and destroyed Nightmare with just a Bonesnap and some IAS items like Twitchthroe.
>>
>>2815424
I went concentrate because its noninterruptable and gives a huge defense boost. Very survivable even with complete shit gear, which is what I've got. Though I'm close to NM Meph, so I'll grind out some actual equipment there.
>>
>>2792173
Rogue is the best pvp, totally ridic online
>>
>>2815489
Berserk does pretty well defensively too, despite what the skill description would have you believe. The fact is that Barbarians get so much more health than they need at any given level that their survivability is through the roof.

...There's also the fact that the curve of what defines a useful quantity of defense far outpaces the curve of a typical amount of defense for a character of a given level, to the degree that you are probably only increasing your chance to be hit by a few percentage points by using berserk.

If you're really concerned, use a shield.
>>
>>2816692
There are a number of factors that makes this not work.
One, berserk isn't uninterruptable. This is HC, and I've had terrible gear all game. I was at NM Andariel, level 50 with level 3-20 set gear across the board. Being interrupted by a sudden extra fast extra strong enemy and being unable to get enough attacks in can definitely be a death sentence, especially with act 3's pygmy enemies. In fact I got jumped by multiple pygmy uniques in one of the kurast dungeons and only got out by spamming full rejuvs. That's with them having 20% to hit instead of practically guaranteed.

Second, berserk has its own set of problems. Its a little under double the damage for no lifesteal, interruptable and 0 defense. I agree that there's high diminishing returns with defense, but being 0 defense in combat is unacceptable on HC with bad gear. Its just asking to lose a massive time investment. Its like playing a roguelike and wearing nothing but +dam gear and no defensive gear, you're just asking for a unique to ruin your day. People ran berserk on HC when IM was a thing, and it isn't anymore, so its not worth the risk. Its worth a point for physical immunes, sure, but not main build material when you can't trade players for gear to keep yourself alive.

And third, a defense of 0 with a shield means you're constantly checking for blocks. Instead of your enemy whiffing their attack, they hit your shield, causing you to be unable to attack. I don't think I need to explain any further why that's no good.
>>
>>2817081
I only play hardcore and I can't think of a single reason to actually use concentration over berserk unless you're too low level to use berserk.

- Even with shout your defense is probably so garbage that it's not stopping anything much past that initial 5%, which stays even if your defense is 0.
- CTB should be 75% if you're using a shield, which is far better than the level of defense you'll get from... actual defense no matter how good your gear is.
- Interruption is based partially on your maximum health total and is mitigated by IAS so you can avoid it almost entirely by actually building for berserk instead of substituting it in on a concentration build.
- Life leech is only marginally useful on nightmare and almost completely worthless on hell due to the changes from 1.10. Besides, even if you have enough of it for it to be helpful it is far better to heal up using whirlwind than it is to try by swinging at dudes one at a time.

The only reason I can think of someone preferring concentrate over berserk is if they've done some fucked up theorycrafting or they've neglected to put any points into BO. Concentrate doesn't really contribute to defense, even if you build for it; berserk with IAS eliminates the issue of interruption, gives you much better damage output, and still gives you the option to spec for max block if you're somehow afraid of dying with 2000 health at level 50.

Don't melee dolls. That's just stupid.
>>
>>2817093
>25% chance to be hit from blocking is better than 20% chance of whiffing and not being interrupted
>Mitigated by IAS which comes from gear, which I repeatedly stated I don't have
>Life leech only marginally useful
>Concentrate doesn't contribute to defense even when built for
>"Don't melee dolls, my 0 defense build can't handle them"

I'm getting the distinct feeling you don't know what you're talking about. I'm going to go back to the game now.
>>
>>2817109
Right, the game you were struggling to play well before the game gets difficult because you made a silly build with no damage output.

The defensive value of blocking is several times greater than the defensive value of defense (check how much defense you need to get 75% chance to dodge at level 50 versus how much dex you need for max block with, say, Sigon's or Steelclash).
The offensive value of berserk is several times greater than that of concentration. This is fairly straightforward.

You don't really need a ton of IAS either, unless you pick a slow base weapon. And if you're that interrupt-phobic, don't use a shield. Barbs are nearly invincible.

As for life leech, you indicated that your gear is crappy so your return from life leech against your big health pool is probably quite small.

But yeah, keep using the skill that nobody uses instead of the skill that everybody uses. It's you who has it figured out, not the thousands of other people who have played barbarians and used berserk/ww.
>>
>>2791834
They say that Diablo:NetHack::console games:PC games
>>
>>2817402
Barbs haven't used berserk since Iron Maiden was taken out of CS. Frenzy/WW for damage, concentrate for HC until you're geared.

Source: Someone who actually plays HC/has been active in the past 5 years
>>
File: Not active.png (139 KB, 537x183) Image search: [Google]
Not active.png
139 KB, 537x183
>>2817440
I delete most of my characters when the ladder resets but as you can see from the screenshot I'm hardly inactive.

Frenzy and berserk serve a different purpose and berserk requires substantially less gear to be effective, making it a much better skill for untwinked Barbarians. Since you get three whole resets for free there is basically no reason at all to use concentration.
>>
>>2817425
better?
>>
213 posts and nobody said "Fresh Meat"
Fuck you /vg/
>>
>>2817425
I like Nethack and Diablo. They are both great for different reasons.
>>
So what class can solo hell easily?
>>
>>2818595
Ah, fresh meat!
>>
>>2818910
With no gear, from easy to hard:
Necromancer > Sorceress >> Amazon, Assassin > Barbarian, Druid, Paladin

The big gap is between Sorceress and the rest of the classes. Necromancers can breeze through the game as summoners, although it's a bit slow going. Sorceresses do reasonable damage untwinked as fire/cold hybrids and have no issues with immunes. Assassins and Amazons do more than enough damage untwinked to deal with hell but have a hard time breaking immunes and generally lean very heavily on their mercenary and/or hybridization (which takes specialized gear). Barbarians do not have problems with immunes but need at least one good weapon, meaning you're going to be grinding the end of nightmare for a little while. Druids can pick their poison: They can either struggle with immunes by going elemental or be forced to grind for gear by going melee. Paladins are in a similar situation, in that they have a lot of options but most of them simply don't do enough damage to cope with hell. Hammerdins are rather inconvenient to play untwinked as they are fragile and lacking in damage.

The truth is, however, that if you're playing on softcore any class will be able to do it untwinked, it just might take some a little longer than others. On hardcore, you'll have more trouble taking characters with immune problems through hell since you're reliant on offense to substitute for defense for those levels until your gear starts to spruce up; at the end of the day it just means more grinding.
>>
Necromancer with an Act 2 Merc with Insight polearm = infinite mana for Corpse Explosion.
>>
I'm bored and I want to make some funky hardcode char:

I DO NOT WANT A:
> Necro with summons or fighting at distance
> Palladin that fights melee nor hammerdin
> Barbarian that fights melee
> Sorc that fights at distance
> Any cookie-cutter build for amazon or druid (and not a Hunter druid because I played that recently)

I want to play solo, and through hell. I don't mind grinding for gear for long but there's no worst feeling then having no AOE - clicking through each enemy is so boring.

Is there a build that ticks all the boxes or should I play some other game?
>>
>>2819496
Living off the land trap assassin.
>>
>>2819496
pure auradin
>>
so I'm at the end of the fifth act on normal mode diablo II for the first time, as a werewolf druid, and I'm positively stumped as to what do do about the monsters that stun on hit that baal summons. I didn't remember what their names were but I just can't hit them even once. Does anyone have any ideas as to what I can do that doesn't involve grinding to the point that they aren't any problem at all?
>>
File: 1436582844440.png (200 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1436582844440.png
200 KB, 500x500
Haven't played this game in at least 10 years, and with the recent ladder reset, think I might give it a go again.

Does frost orb sorc clear shit well or is it all lightning all the time
>>
>>2819554
Literally the first Google result for "minion of destruction werewolf druid": http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/370600-diablo-ii-lord-of-destruction/58092725 ;_;
>>
>>2819554
>>2819659
Alternately lead them away out of Baal's throne room somewhere else and return (e.g. by using a town portal to Harrogath and the waypoint in the Worldstone Keep). Then Baal will think you killed them.
>>
>>2819658
Frost orb is great. Especially Nightmare difficulty is a power trip with enemies dying left and right.
>>
>>2819531

I have no idea what that means.

>>2819547

Thanks that seems what I was looking for, I'll invest in auras and zeal until the end of nightmare, then try to collect a sword with a high enough CB and runes to build two dreams and switch to conviction, zeal and resists
>>
>>2822498
>I have no idea what that means.
You play an assassin specializing in traps (for AOE). And you only use items you find. No buying, no repairing, no healing, in town. Maybe use Cain for identifying items, otherwise you're left with the identification scrolls you find.
>>
/vr/ stay awhile and listen:
>I fucking love Diablo 1
>hear how Diablo 2 is supposedly better in every way
>try it out
>get bored of it because it's beginning of the game isn't very interesting

I have tried getting into Diablo 2 many times but this always happens to me. Does Diablo 2 get better/more interesting later on or is there simply something I'm missing?
>>
>>2822513
Don't expect Diablo 2 to be like Diablo 1. They're fairly different games.
>>
How's everyone doing this ladder? My chain lightning / frozen orb sorc is level 73 but I'm kind of stuck in act 2 hell with the staff. I doubt the arcane sanctuary will be too tough to get through playing carefully but I have no idea how I'm going to get past duriel without some damage reduction / lifeleech gear on my merc.

Also, if anyone's on escl I have lots of el - sol runes if you're trying to make insight / lore.
>>
>>2824487
I usually make a big deal out of the ladder but right now my closest server is Asia and it's pretty dead... I'd roll on USEast but the lag is quite serious and I play hardcore so I'd probably just end up dead.
>>
It's hot down here.
>>
>>2822513
Basically >>2822520. Diablo 1 is a really traditional dungeon crawl like a roguelike, and II is more of an adventure RPG with big open spaces and exploration. You know thinking about it, *functionally* they're pretty similar, bit the feeling you get from descending back into the cursed church is always going to be different from running off into big plain to find shit.

I personally liked 1 more but 2 is definitely worth giving some serious benefit of the doubt and time before you decide for sure you don't like it.
>>
File: Diablo_lightning.png (52 KB, 512x271) Image search: [Google]
Diablo_lightning.png
52 KB, 512x271
Daily reminder that in Nightmare and Hell difficulty Diablo's Lighting Hose of Death doesn't hit you when you're standing right next to him: http://wiki.theamazonbasin.com/index.php/Diablo
>>
>>2826212
Oh my god.
>>
>>2826212
Evan as a caster, you're safer fighting the D right at his face. When up close the cold damage palm attack is the most dangerous thing he can do (still hits like a fucking truck though)
>>
>>2824487
Almost have a Tal set. Just missing the armor right now.

Got super lucky with the ammy dropping in NM.

Ususally like to do Cave+Mausoleum (and mabey crypt) + Countess runs on one. Super easy and those areas are all Mlvl 85 so most everything can drop (with a few exceptions like that Tyrial armor)
>>
What are your mod suggestions for Diablo 2?
I've played the fuck out of Median and there's nothing to do now, Snej and Eastern Sun didn't appeal me. I'm going to try Back to Hellfire mod now, seems fun
>>
>>2826745
cave and crypt aren't level 85
also everything can drop from champions and bosspacks in level 85 areas, since they're level 87~88, whereas uniques like tyrael's might have ilevel 87
>>
>>2826882
Woops, meant to say "The Pit" not cave.
Crypt is alvl 83 but has a super unique mob and a unique chest so worth it IMO, especially considering its super easy with a guarantee of no ranged mobs at all.

http://diablo2.diablowiki.net/Area_Level
>>
So I'm playing Nec in D2 and I have no idea what to put my skill points into. I maxed out Skeltals and mastery, 1 in skeltal magi and the rest of the summoning tab, and one in each of the curses. Should I put more in Corpse Explosion or something else?
>>
>>2827074
>Corpse Explosion
Yup.

Max, Skelly, Mastery, and Corpse Explosion

One point in to each curse, 1-5 in to summon resist.

Drop all the rest in to res monster skill and you're done.

Corpse Explosion does 50% fire and 50% physical damage so even with fire immune mobs you'll still get your mana worth out of blowing shit up.
>>
Does anyone play on annihilus.net?
64 players per game
Spectator mode
New uber areas
New skills
New & redesigned existing items
Active community and tournaments
>>
>>2827097
Never heard of it but I'm interested. I'll try this shit out.
>>
>>2827102
They've done an awesome job, beenr there almost a year :)
>>
>>2827107
Just played for a few hours, its really fucking hard starting off but I got rushed, sitting at level 80 something right now and shit seems nuts.

Oh hell, end game shit is crazy.
Thanks for the recommendation, I'll probably be fucking around with this for a while.
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (270 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
270 KB, 800x600
?????
Its the Den of Evil, has Corpsefire in it with only 1 level and everything, but its named Caves lvl 1 and didn't count for the quest. Never seen this happen before.
>>
>>2828132
the cave is the name it gets after you complete the quest
I don't know how this works on bnet but maybe someone who had already finished it entered your game?
>>
>>2826645
I don't think this is always true if you have a reasonable amount of FCR since you won't have much trouble getting out of the way of the hose and the fire nova scales pretty poorly. Casters who have a high block chance, however, have basically nothing to fear from standing next to Diablo unless they have negative cold resistance or something.

On a related note, I find the relative difficulty of bosses interesting.

Andariel is probably most dangerous on hell but she's really just a pushover on all three difficulties as long as you know about antidotes.
Duriel's capacity to kill characters on normal is legendary. He's a big wuss by the time you get to him in hell since act 2 is so tumultuous.
Mephisto is so dangerous to untwinked characters on hell. I have had two hardcore characters killed in their mid-seventies by him.
Diablo is quite scary on normal but becomes progressively less so on higher difficulties.
I still occasionally see Baal conk untwinked characters in hell. He's pretty harmless on normal and nightmare, though.
>>
File: snapshot.jpg (745 KB, 800x1200) Image search: [Google]
snapshot.jpg
745 KB, 800x1200
Corpse Explosion is the best skill ever invented in a video game. Prove me wrong!

Also I like the auto-cleanup upon leaving and returning to the area.
>>
I really can't stick with Diablo 2 for very long periods of time. I get too mad at the ridiculous unfixed glitches like fire enchant with lightning enchant causing corpse explosion damage + lightning damage PER bolt. I play a hardcore character up until Hell, and then I realize that my character is dead as a doornail should I go down some stairs into a fire/lightning combo. It can even happen on nightmare if the RNG gods frown upon you.
>>
2 questions:
im running diablo 2 version 1.13. is there any way to use higher res or am i stuck with 800x600? i hope widescreen mods don't cause glitches.

do i need to pirate diablo 1 or can i still find it somewhere digitally?
>>
File: 1448168774131.gif (505 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
1448168774131.gif
505 KB, 500x281
>>2791834
So I don't know if I subliminally saw this thread, or just recently got a hankering for this game, but I downloaded it the other day and am playing it on Linux through Wine.

Problem is the game menu is completely black. I can navigate it, but it takes some guess work. Would anybody here be a total bro and post images of the start up menus so I can intelligently guess what I am doing?

Other than the title screen and title menus being fucked, the game works perfectly. Having fun getting through the first 4 levels right now.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 54

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.