[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I found a factory sealed Nintendo 64 for 80€ Is it a good deal?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3
File: 307761_front.jpg (26 KB, 500x363) Image search: [Google]
307761_front.jpg
26 KB, 500x363
I found a factory sealed Nintendo 64 for 80€
Is it a good deal?
>>
>>2791607
Yes.
>>
File: newstuffNovember19_2013456_LRG.jpg (65 KB, 667x500) Image search: [Google]
newstuffNovember19_2013456_LRG.jpg
65 KB, 667x500
Not OP here.

Don't want to make an extra thread.

Would you pay 170€ for this?
>>
>>2791613

no
>>
tell me how much 80 ooga boogas is in normal money and i'll let u know lol :D
>>
File: happyseal.jpg (35 KB, 500x332) Image search: [Google]
happyseal.jpg
35 KB, 500x332
Yeah its a ok price for a sealed one but its a shit price if you want to use it.

Personaly get a normal one and some games.
>>
>>2791628
Thanks; went to eBay earlier and bought it for 90.
>>
>>2791735

Good. Would've said ~100€ for all of that so that is a good deal
>>
here's a good question; where can I get new N64 controllers, or fix the ones I have?

I haven't used them much in the last five years or so, but when I was growing up hell all four of our controller's joysticks got the shit kicked out of them. They're a real pain to use now, and I'm hoping an anon knows either a factory outlet or something I can get new controllers without going to a used game shop to get gouged for something in better-or-worse condition.
>>
>>2791765

the used market is pretty much your only option for an actual N64 controller and there's no telling the functionality unless you can get them from an honest seller. and then as far as new 3rd party N64 controllers go, the only ones i'd recommend are the the Yobo brand ones.
>>
>>2791607
I don't get it. Why would you pay so much more for a sealed console other than not really playing with it, and if so fuck you desu senpai
>>
>>2791795
Investment?
>>
>>2791851
That's what I thought, fuck you and your speculation crap then.
>>
>>2791607
"€" suggests it's PAL garbage.
>>
when the fuck are 3d printer fags gonna make replacement joystick shit.
>>
>>2791867

Unless they can print the electronics too I wouldn't bet on it. The problem are never the sticks themselves. But you could print the plastic parts like those two directional sliders and the bowl. Aren't those part already available as replacements?
>>
>>2791607
No

>>2791851
Paying much more than something is worth is a bad investment.

>>2791867
Never. That's not the kind of thing you 3d print and there are already replacements available.
>>
>>2791703
About 85 burgers
>>
>>2791978
>That's not the kind of thing you 3d print
Are you living in 2005? You can definitely print them already and the quality can be even better than the originals. You can even print them from metal if you want, but carbon fiber, fiberglass or even kevlar are totally viable CONSUMER options today.
>>
>>2792945
show proof pls
>>
>>2792945
>>2791978
>>2792950
> You can even print them from metal if you want, but carbon fiber, fiberglass or even kevlar are totally viable CONSUMER options today.
You do know the material alone for kevlar isn't cheap? Nor is getting molds for the sticks which would run about 3 grand at least for good quality ones.

3d plastics are inferior. Gears etc while can be 3d printed no problems wear out very fast.

And before someone posts some ghetto 2 piece mold or some "oh but this brand new 3d printer material! that costs a shit load and needs a brand new printer" you can just stop.
>>
>>2791713
Yeah OP, you're going to be wasting your money if you buy this and open it. I'd either keep it sealed or resell it for a profit because that's a pretty good price.
>>
>>2791607
>eurofag detected

not sure what you britbongs understand under a 'good deal' but 80$ seems too much.
>>
>>2793131
Next time you find a sealed N64, feel free to sell it to me for $80 and we can both be very happy.
>>
>>2793131
>britbongs
>paying in euros
>>
>>2793152
For you, I'd sell it for 200$ and 100$ for each controller.
>>
>>2793173
op said he paid in euros. whatever britbongs do on their tiny island.
>>
>>2791607
I buy games to play them, so no
>>
>>2793175
Guess $80 isn't too much after all, eh?
>>
I guess it's a decent price if you don't open it and resell it later. If you're going to play games on it, then you should just buy one that's not sealed.
>>
>>2793181
They pay in pounds, not euros. You know, the original modern reserve currency. It's pretty famous.
>>
>>2793181
You're the one who assumed OP is a britbong. He didn't say anything about that.

If you're not trolling then you're a moron because Brits use pounds, not euros, everyone knows that.
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.