[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
N64 N64 N64 N64 N64
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4
File: s-l1600.jpg (368 KB, 1600x1113) Image search: [Google]
s-l1600.jpg
368 KB, 1600x1113
Lets talk about N64!

I'm a big fan of Thanksgiving, so I really dislike holiday creep. Nonetheless, I've begun to think about gift giving already. Has anyone bought before from one of those Ebay sellers offering pic related and 2-3 games for ~$100? What was your experience? I know it's not the best deal out there, but it seems worth it if I can reliably get decent controllers.

Of more personal interest; does anyone know what's up with the UltraHDMI? I just found out about this mod from watching this video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qpy1M6v2_MI
but I can't find any more info anywhere. Legit? Vaporware?
>>
Ebay/paypal heavily favors the buyer in any disputes, so as long as you read the description (ie don't buy one that says "as is" or "untested") from a seller with 98%+ ratings you'll be fine.
>>
>>2791513
Thanks. There are 3 or 4 of these sellers and they are all well rated. I figure it's a safe buy more or less.

I was more interested in whether the the controllers really are in good shape. It seems to be a point of emphasis, but I have no idea what an "8/10" stick is supposed to be like.

I don't really care about the free games, I fully expect them all to be EA sports garbage.
>>
>>2791519

Well an 8/10 probably means they're not super dirty and all the buttons and stick work and aren't worn out.

If you do get a dud or a fucked stick send a message to the seller and they'll almost certainly give you a partial refund or swap. Seller ratings as massively important and often a 1/5 rating can be worse than taking a loss.
>>
File: 4306_front.jpg (56 KB, 640x443) Image search: [Google]
4306_front.jpg
56 KB, 640x443
>>2791549
Makes sense, just like Yelp can be judge, jury, and executioner to restaurants. I think my friend will love it. We play online all the time, but nothing beats split-screen.

Underrated game right here.
>>
>>2791508
The UltraHDMI thing has been ongoing for a few years now but it's actually close to being released at the moment. A number of them have been manufactured and at least one guy (prick) is selling them ahead of schedule. The official communication has bordered between complete shit to non-existent and in addition to that there will be a completely needless and fucking massive scramble for them when they get released. There will be plenty of runs in the future, so no need to panic. At present I'd say a bunch of places should be offering them within the next few months, but considering how prolonged the process has been already anything could happen.

Most of the juicier details have all come from third parties with early access like those vomit-inducing people in that video. Everyone else is pretty much being kept in the dark about the whole thing which is bullshit.
>>
>>2791519

8/10 sticks react lightly to movement without the controller registering but less than 1/2 of the stick's radius (2 rings), doesn't feel limp, no visible abrased white plastic residues, hasn't been sacrified to the Mario Party gods yet.
Also refurbished ones that were opened and the bowl refilled and greased belong in that category.
>>
File: B000092WZ2.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg (21 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
B000092WZ2.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg
21 KB, 500x375
>>2791646
I think I'll wait on that then. I'll stick with S-video until I can afford a Framemeister. Are the Monster cables worth the premium? I've heard they have a cleaner image than normal S-video cables.
>>
>>2791701
After looking at this video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TWLPnCTpBz0
you can definitely see a difference, but I don't think it's worth $50+
>>
>>2791708

in all seriousness that looks to me like you can simply use a bit more contrast on your TV to get the equal effect.
>>
>>2791712
changing something on your display to compensate for a correctable flaw in the signal chain is 100% full pleb mode compared to correcting the flaw in the signal chain

normies get out reee, etc.
>>
>>2792152
Are you honestly suggesting that someone who wants to use S-video as a budget option should spring for a rare, expensive cable when they could RGB mod for the same price? (Mememeister excluded)
>>
>>2792308
>Mememeister

Back to reddit, slugger.
>>
>>2792315
>reddit
Back to 9gag, kiddo.

I'm not saying it's bad, but it's ridiculously overpriced, and will never get cheaper as long as it's a meme machine.
>>
>>2792323
>meme

18+ board.
>>
File: 1436373637030.gif (2 MB, 300x225) Image search: [Google]
1436373637030.gif
2 MB, 300x225
>>2792324
meme
[meem]
noun
a cultural item that is transmitted by repetition and replication in a manner analogous to the biological transmission of genes.

Youtubers say that Framemeister is end-all-be-all of picture quality. Everyone on the internet takes the idea and runs with it. It's a meme.

Pic is another meme. Just for you :^)
>>
>>2792328
I sure do love web2.0 children.
>>
>>2792334
Who pissed in your coffee memester? You're acting pretty salty for someone discussing a device to make their toys look pretty.
>>
>>2792345
>salty
>memester
I was hoping for you add one more in there like "toxic", "kek", or maybe some ebonics.
>>
>>2792308
I'm just saying it's better than fiddling with your display device. With audio/video signals, preservation always trumps restoration.
>>
>>2792360
You're right, but $3 cables are a better value in this case.
>>
>>2792381
Not everyone's point of compromise is the same. I'd consider the price if I didn't already have mine.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.