[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
when did you play this last?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 3
File: Sonic_&_Knuckles_title.png (11 KB, 320x224) Image search: [Google]
Sonic_&_Knuckles_title.png
11 KB, 320x224
when did you play this last?
>>
I played it in 1995.
I remember looking for the lock-on cartidge everywhere, but in my country it was hard as fuck to find original Sega games, they were all bootleg carts, considerably cheaper so most of the times I didn't care, but with S&K I did since when I got it, it was a regular cart and I couldn't use it with Sonic 3.

Eventually I got to play 3&K on Sonic Jam for the Saturn.

But as for vanilla S&K, yeah, 1995.
>>
Probably haven't played it since KB Toys had a kiosk running it
>>
2 days ago

Mostly just a quick check to make sure the rom worked before I give this setup to my cousin

As a kid I thought this setup was the coolest thing ever, though I didn't actually play it that much. By the time I got this cart the N64 had already came out and I was obsessed with getting one so I could play mario kart.
>>
>>2790632
About 20 years ago, a babysitter had one and I played it endlessly. Gonna pick myself up one on Ebay on Friday
>>
At Round Table Pizza, probably in 1996 or so, back when they had open consoles laying around to play for free.
>>
About 3 months ago I played it for the first time. Ended up beating it as Sonic & Tails and then just Tails. Didn't ever finish the Knuckles playthrough but I did manage to get all of the Super Emeralds with Tails.

All in all I had a fantastic time and I think it's an amazing game.
>>
When's the last time you saw the commercial?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XN2kXqUrkhk
>>
>>2790738
when's the last time you went to Alcatraz and rock'd the rock
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wgjafuDOwjc
>>
>>2790750
What the fuck is this..?
>>
>>2790632
Yesterday, only got to the flying airship thingy zone.

I died 2 times, which really screwed me over.
>>
>>2790757
the 90's dude
>>
>>2790767
I think I prefer it to the 10s.
>>
>>2790778

Who doesn't except faggots?
>>
>>2790794
I dunno.

People with bad memory..?
>>
Does Sonic 3 & Knuckles count? I have played that game on an emulator not too long ago.
>>
>>2790632
1996, BOINC!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YF99oeiaznk
>>
>>2790738
>The midget from Twin Peaks trying to sell me Sonic & Knuckles
Fuck sake /vr/, I've only been awake for 10 minutes
>>
>>2790750
It's amazing to see how much reality TV on MTV has and hasn't changed.
>>
Never, I didn't like the Sonic games so I didn't really play most of them.
>>
>>2791058
>voluntarily posting in a thread about a subject you're not interested in
>>
>>2790727
Finish that Knuckles Playthrough dude
Knuckles has an awesome unique final boss
>>
>>2790645
Interesting, where are you from?
>>
>>2791058
You missed out
>>
I played Sonic 3&K, Sonic 3D Blast and Sonic CD all on PC as a kid (mid 90s?). Never even played a genesis until last week.
>>
>>2791029
I think the hosts were just as corny back then but the content was more interesting and deserve. Meaning sometimes you stumbled on something decent. Now its the same recycled unwatchable shit on every channel.
>>
>>2790632
I dunno. Probably last year. I can't imagine going too many years in a row without playing such a great game.
>>
File: 1389006045269.png (126 KB, 761x1500) Image search: [Google]
1389006045269.png
126 KB, 761x1500
>>2790738
>sayga
>>
>>2792305
The fun part about this, is that Sega started as an American company.
>>
>>2792316
Yes, so funny. It's still phonetically セガ, not セイガ.
>>
a couple weeks ago, I streamed the first four main Sonic titles over a stream to pass time.
>>
>>2792305
>>2792316
>>2792330
but セ is pronounced as say, while セイ is pronounced as sayEEE, so they're all correct
>>
>>2790632
years ago

its sonic 3 & knuckles that i play every year
>>
>>2792708
セ is "seh", not "say"
>>
>>2790632
like a year or two ago. it was terrible.

I played through all of S3&K right to the end and I don't think I liked literally any of the S&K stages

Sonic Adventure and Sonic CD are still a lot of fun though
>>
A few months ago. I have my Sega set up on my living room TV, but I've been playing Comix Zone lately rather than Sonic.
>>
About a month ago, the Sonic 3 Complete hack actually.

I think I might like it even more than Sonic 2...
>>
>>2790632
2 weeks ago? If the Sonic 3 Complete hack counts that is.
>>
File: Airborne-Artillery.png (775 KB, 1642x1640) Image search: [Google]
Airborne-Artillery.png
775 KB, 1642x1640
>>2790727
>Didn't ever finish the Knuckles playthrough
You're not living your life correctly anon but rest assured, it's not too late to fix that.
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.