[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Your Favorite Sports Games
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3
File: Kick-Off-2.png (182 KB, 600x420) Image search: [Google]
Kick-Off-2.png
182 KB, 600x420
I just found out there's going to be a remake of Dino Dini's Kick Off. Those old Kick Off games were great. It got me thinking about sports games. It feels like every company could make them twenty years ago and do well, because people cared more about fun gameplay than realism and licenses.

What are your favorite sports games?
>>
>>2790506
The oldest one I enjoy is Pong Sports. That's a real hit with the family at holidays.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w0DP3rqxp34

RIPIP Phil.

I love this game so much.
>>
Base Wars
>>
I always find tons of sports games at second hand shops.

It seems like dudebros toss out these games as soon as the next version comes out.

Why? I did not discard my FF8 when I got FF9.

What are Chad and Tyrone thinking?
>>
tecmo super bowl
>>
>>2790702
Desperate for cash? Trading the one they won't be playing anymore, to knock a little off the price of the new one? Making shelf space, or just keeping down the number of games they have so they don't look like loser nerds?
Maybe we're the weird ones for hoarding old versions of sports games whenever a new one comes out?
Fuck it, I like the different gameplay mechanics, presentations, and time capsule rosters. It's a bonus that I can buy ones that I don't have cheap as shit because there's a bunch of unwanted copies out there.
>>
Baseball stars 2 and GoalGoalGoal on Neogeo. Damn fun to play with a bro or two.
>>
nhl 94
nba jam
tecmo super bowl
bad news baseball
tecmo world cup soccer
>>
>>2790751

She's feelin it
>>
>>2790506
Had kick off extra time on the atari st.

Only one button for kicking and it's LOB. What the hell? Only way to score is to run to just past halfway line and beckham it into the net.

now numero 10, that was a football game. All in french and broken ass english, 'penalty - tripping' messages, goalies who would follow you down the pitch. It was fun.
>>
File: super-spike-v-ball-usa.png (300 KB, 360x500) Image search: [Google]
super-spike-v-ball-usa.png
300 KB, 360x500
This:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=unbaUXyVymA
Unbelievably fun and the music is great.
>>
>>2790702
A lot of sports game series have yearly releases, which are usually minor updates of games with the rosters updated. Chad and Tyrone buy the newest game because it's about the current season and dump their old game because it's "outdated". Other people don't want those games for the same reasons, so that's why you'll see so many Maddens or FIFAs at second hand shops.
Whenever I go to a local thrift store there's usually a huge stack of FIFA games on PS2 and nothing else. Thanks EA.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.